Author Topic: Digestive problems, could it be Iodine?  (Read 2797 times)

Offline Raw777

• Forager
    • View Profile
Digestive problems, could it be Iodine?
« on: November 17, 2015, 09:55:07 pm »
Hi all,

Ive been having digestive issues for years, but through experimenting with diets I am more sensitive to what a food does to my body.
I would always feel depressed and congested after eating bread and normally u would say its due to phytates and other well known grains issues. But Ive noticed that I get the same reaction after eating iodized salt and not with seasalt.

So could iodine be the reason for my digestive issues?

The last few days Ive started aloe vera and Im feeling like the digestive system slowly is getting better.
In some tests Ive seen how aloe vera is able to dissolve iodine.

Im very curious to hear what u guys think about this.
And for the record, studys dont mean alot to me since theres so much bs studys around.
Id rather like to hear about experiences or general thoughts :).

Thanks ;)

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Digestive problems, could it be Iodine?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 10:37:30 pm »
But Ive noticed that I get the same reaction after eating iodized salt and not with seasalt.

So could iodine be the reason for my digestive issues?

Commercial salt itself or the form of iodine used in the salt could be the culprit because "table" salt can contain unlisted ingredients, including corn derivatives. Since sea salt is good for you, you could also see what happens with pure sources of iodine (seaweed).
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Raw777

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Digestive problems, could it be Iodine?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 11:25:27 pm »
Commercial salt itself or the form of iodine used in the salt could be the culprit because "table" salt can contain unlisted ingredients, including corn derivatives. Since sea salt is good for you, you could also see what happens with pure sources of iodine (seaweed).

Yes, seaweed would be a good test to do. Though Im a bit weary of it, because it really makes me feel bad.
Also, when I ate grains that do not contain iodine, I seemed to do fine.
Just have the feeling that it leaves a residue thats very sticky and thats why bad things get clogged up in the digestive system.

Since Im on a raw paleo diet Im wondering if raw egg yolk would be a good source of natural iodine?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk