Author Topic: Chiropractic  (Read 6485 times)

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
Chiropractic
« on: May 18, 2012, 05:45:38 am »
Hey guys,

I have struggled the past few years to regain my health.  Just recently found a good chiropractor who took x-rays and nerve scans on me.  I had a SEVERE atlas/axis subluxation putting pressure on the brain stem.  I applaud curemanual.com for putting in the chiropractor as the first thing to fix.  Honestly, i have been living clean and mean for the past year and was just getting worse.  You have to fix the nervous system.  I'll let you guys know how i progress but just wanted to get the word out on this.  If you have problems and they seem to not really end up getting better despite treatment consider getting some simple x-rays done by a good corrective chiropractor.  I started treatments last week and after the 2nd treatment i felt a lot more "gurgling" and movement in my digestive tract.  Will not be a quick fix but definitely a big part of my healing puzzle.  You can have misaligned vertebrae from anything.  Birth trauma, sports accidents, stress, bad posture, bad weightlifting, etc.  Anybody else run into these issues?

-Joe

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Chiropractic
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 07:22:35 am »
This is a huge issue, skeletal misalignment.  I don't talk about it much here, but correcting my misalignments and my posture has made a big difference.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 08:21:51 am »
Amen to that cherimoya_kid.

I have a slight hunch in my back and used to go for chiro adjustments. Mom (90) has a serious hunch. Doctor's say it's osteoporosis. I say they are full of it and want to sell drugs. It's partly SAD and partly posture.

If left unfixed it will get worse and when you are older it will be very serious and cause major problems. Regular doctors have no clue.

However, my suggestions are;

proper exercise geared to strengthen the back and improve posture are worth their weight in gold. Maybe a trainer or ask your chiro. Not all chiros are created the same. If you like yours stick with them.

If you have access to a Rolfer, I found it absolutely amazing. Much more impressive than chiro. You basically have to do the full meal deal, so it may not be cheap. My height increased believe it or not. My feet got larger. You have to experience it to know what I mean.

Pay attention to your posture all the time, sitting, standing, running and walking. Consider sleeping on the floor with some not too thick mattress. I use a  camping sleeping pad, I believe this one; http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/SleepingBags/SleepingPadsInflating/PRD~5021-438/therm-a-rest-luxury-map-sleeping-pad.jsp

I've just started this deal. Too early to know for sure, but it seems to be working out.
http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/off-topic/elevating-the-head-of-your-bed/
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 08:23:47 am »
You know I may sound like a RPD weenie for saying this, but I believe the RPD will help also for the reasons in the book "Pottinger's Cats."
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 08:27:04 am »
Yoga helps amazingly. Do a routine daily including the basics and absolutely especially Cobra, spinal twist, etc. Doesn't have to be long. I whip it off in about 10 - 15 minutes.
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 08:38:48 am »
Great for you!
Keeps me happy to maintain that website.
www.curemanual.com
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 06:40:20 pm »
Yea, its so important to find your own unique "root causes."  Some people have more energetic/emotional issues to work through, some may not ever exercise, most eat poorly.  It's finding those big stressors for you personally and then confronting and addressing them so the body can heal.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 05:41:07 am »
I had a chiropractor convince me that my headaches were caused by some obscure past injury and could be cured by spinal realignment, he was clever enough to get an upfront payment for the whole program. After x-rays and a program of calibrated 'realignments' I felt exactly the same as at the beginning, only poorer! ; )

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 07:15:47 am »
That is unfortunate miker.  I think there are always good and bad people in whatever industry.  This guy seems very good, i have talked with many of his patients.  Also, his plan is set up where you can cancel at any time if you don't feel you are getting results.  Hopefully it works for me =) What you think your root causes were?

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 08:50:11 am »
Root causes - growing up in a dysfunctional family, the school system, MSD high in carbs (the 70's save the earth influence on my mum with its high grain message), sweets, genetic susceptibility to microbe imbalance, thinking too much rather than following intuition, suppressing emotions rather than expressing them, not enough exercise to burn off those carbs before the microbe parting began, compulsive eating, later trying to be a perfect raw foodist and then flicking over to being a junk foodist - a kind of split personality - and then the feedback from all of these creating a vicious cycle.

So I have changed my user name from rawmike to miker as it is not important to me whether I am raw or not - I just want to be healthy and happy! Right now I am eating a meal of lightly steamed colourful veges, shrimps, and coconut cream. This is healthier for me than when I was 100% raw, but pigging out on almonds and dried fruit, which was really suspect, and then flicking over to being a junk foodist. Full credit to any 100%ers - well done - but for me at this stage I am avoiding idealism and enjoying the middle ground of lightly cooked foods and raw foods. I understand that as long as I eat some RAF then I can be part of this forum, so that's easy enough.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 09:15:55 am »
We all cheat BTW. Old habits die hard.

Sort of like the guy in the song from the 70's who was a vege, tofu eating, salad chomping, vege burger, sprouts kinda guy by day. But at night when everyone's asleep, out came the Dr Pepper, half moons, cheetos, cheesies in dips, burritos, big macs etc. Anyone know that tune? LOL
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 09:48:16 am »
I had a chiropractor convince me that my headaches were caused by some obscure past injury and could be cured by spinal realignment, he was clever enough to get an upfront payment for the whole program. After x-rays and a program of calibrated 'realignments' I felt exactly the same as at the beginning, only poorer! ; )

We all need to judge for ourselves when to use these professionals.

Chiropractors were superior to the heart doctors when my wife was pregnant twice.

It was the chiropractor who identified my arm sprain with pinpoint accuracy.

Nervous system health and alignment is very important and is part of the basics of getting well when people are sick.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 09:53:32 am »
Like any profession there are good and bad ones. A kinesiologist friend told me that you either like or dislike a chiro. Go on that.
Cheers
Al

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 10:34:58 am »
In my case I really liked Jim from Happy Spine, he was really nice - I guess chiro just wasn't my main solution. If I really had a health improvement waiting in my spinal realignment then he could really be helpful. Interestingly to me at the time Jim grew up in Florida knowing Doug Graham who is a raw vegan advocate and writer of many books including 'Grain Damage' outlining many ways in which grains are harmful to human health.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 10:00:47 pm »
Yea miker, i think a lot of us have similar root causes.  I have been into shamanism lately and from their perspective, most all illness originates from spiritual/energetic causes.  While i think this probably was true a long time ago when we all ate good food, exercised daily, and were out in nature every day, unfortunately a lot of our food and upbringing in america especially causes a lot of problems.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk