Author Topic: New gene-testing science may be useful  (Read 1389 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
New gene-testing science may be useful
« on: October 04, 2015, 08:55:43 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3258667/Would-baby-screening-test-wipe-genetic-defect.html

What is truly disturbing is that it states that 1 in 46 births  in the UK now involves a birth-defect(ie =2.175) - although, other figures I checked years ago, indicated a 4% chance of a genetic defect(?). Anyway, I have noted in past RVAF diet forums that a lot of people now have endless problems with fertility and that switching to eating raw foods usually solved that problem. As foods/diets become ever more processed, I would imagine that more birth-defects will arise as a proportion of all births.

Hmm, who knows this might be a start of  libertarian eugenics.... I have always thought that the media portrayal of people with birth-defects as somehow being a desirable thing was pretty disgusting.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: New gene-testing science may be useful
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 11:33:15 am »
I recently signed up for 23 and me. Apparently I have about half a percent of Sardinian DNA, 0.2 percent North African, and 0.1 percent sub-Saharan African. Everything else is Northern European.

My guess is that all that non-northern-European DNA came from one ancestor who was probably a sailor or ship captain. If that's true, I wonder if he made it to the Americas or if he just impregnated someone whose descendant did. He would probably have lived around the late 1700s or early 1800s, so I'm guessing he never made it here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk