Author Topic: Hello I am exploring the possibilities  (Read 4615 times)

Offline rentawitch

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hello I am exploring the possibilities
« on: July 03, 2011, 08:00:57 pm »
I have been listening to Good Samaritan for a while on the cavemen forum.

I am not sure if I could eat everything raw but already eat beef, extremely rare, blue for steaks.

If one is not naturally this way inclined, what would help make the food more palatable?

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Hello I am exploring the possibilities
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 09:34:03 pm »
Food quality and time untill you get used to it

Offline rentawitch

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 11:32:57 pm »
can the food be warm? I presume not

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 11:51:22 pm »
Between 0° C and 40° C is ok. At 50° C it will burn your mouth!

Welcome, by the way!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline rentawitch

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 01:59:27 pm »
yeah but if warm isnt it cooked?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 06:45:55 pm »
The stuff should have never been heated to more than 40° C.

Mild heating (between 50° C and 90° C) is very probably more dangerous than cooking at 100° C because a slightly damaged molecule might not be immediately recognized as such by the immune system and could be allowed in the metabolism while a completely destroyed one would be quickly identified and discarded.

Series of experiments on mice undertaken by GCB & friends in the 60' gave quite clear indications that it's the case. Unfortunately the minutiae of these experiments have been lost after the departure of GCB and his friends to Mexico, but the memory of it still remains vivid in one of the main experimentalist, which I know very well.   
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 06:51:22 pm »
Series of experiments on mice undertaken by GCB & friends in the 60' gave quite clear indications that it's the case. Unfortunately the minutiae of these experiments have been lost after the departure of GCB and his friends to Mexico, but the memory of it still remains vivid in one of the main experimentalist, which I know very well.   
That's very interesting. Do you have any links to those studies?
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 08:29:52 pm »
i have been concuming quite some bone broth last 2 weeks because I hate to throw away the bones after eating the marrow. I had a weird teeth ache every night when i lay down, the bone broth solved that in 1 week! I can't imagine that my high quality broth is worse than roasted meat. It feels great!

thanx for the links btw. my french ain't great though.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:25:53 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk