Author Topic: Hydration problems  (Read 7448 times)

Offline Raw Matt18

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Hydration problems
« on: February 02, 2015, 11:40:43 am »
I never realized how much fruits hydrated. I've been experiencing with no fruit, pretty much just raw meat, raw, honey and some veggies, but I'm have a really hard time staying hydrated. I would drink water but I'm worried about the plastic leeching into the water because of the plastic bottles. I've tried eating tomatoes and other veggies high in water but I'm still having trouble.
Ignorance is whats destroying our planet, our health, and our lives.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Hydration problems
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 12:16:33 pm »
without fruit you will need salt and water.

see the recipe at www.watercure2.org
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 03:38:49 pm »
Most bottled water is tap water anyway... but in many cases with extra toxins.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 05:02:16 pm »
Most bottled water is tap water anyway... but in many cases with extra toxins.
One has to get water from natural springs.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 06:24:33 am »
I read some article, somewhere, about testing bottled water vs tap water. Something such. Most bottled waters they tested, but not all, were common tap water, or had nothing special about them just like general tap water.
It makes sense... which is cheaper? We all know how corporations love milking money from people while spending little to none themselves, usually with extra added twists not in our favor.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 06:44:31 am »
I find that bottled water has labeling telling me how it was processed, such as "bottled at the spring" or "purified by reverse osmosis." Of course, leached compounds from the plastic and added chlorine "for my safety" do not appear on the label.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 08:23:37 am »
My Ecolo Blue water generator is on the way, it should be here by the end of the week.http://store.ecoloblue-world.com/en/8-eb30-standard-appliance.html

Its a bit of an investment upfront, but in the long run it will be more economical  and less laborious than having to buy and lug three five gallon jugs of spring water every week, in order to provide water for the three adults and five children in the household. With up to 7 gallons a day I can also give what is left over to the dogs and the garden plants.

Another note on water and hydration.... On a lower carb diet where most of the calories come from protein and fat, water intake needs can increase significantly. This can lead to a depletion of electrolytes and mineral salts, some people can add fruits and vegetables or a little extra salt into their diet to help with this problem. I have found that drinking a little of the blood from the animals I butcher each day, along with a lot of water, and occasional lemons helps keep me hydrated without having to use fruits(which I don't tolerate well.)
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 10:53:05 am »
Let us know how you like it.   I was interested for some time, but didn't get very far. Ended up with a counter top high quality steam distiller.  Still not convinced that the stainless tube that condenses the water  isn't giving off nickel etc..  (the tube drips into a glass storage container).  You might look into what materials the water is coming in contact with on your unit. 

For a while I tried out one of the jug type water purifiers that removes minerals too.    And then at the end of the cycle of the cartridge, I cut open the cartridge and learned that all kinds of plastic looking beads were being used.   I couldn't help think, has someone Really gone to the extent to test as to whether minute particles of plastic are coming off in the water.   Plastic water bottles used to be thought of as OK too, until someone looked deeper.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 12:29:49 pm »
 I totally am against plastic bottles, since going raw, my taste buds have become super sensitive to the taste of leeched plastic. I have been getting five gallon jugs of Kentucky spring water and running that through a nikken gravity filter. The taste is amazing, and the nikken has a basin of river stones that are suppose to slightly remineralize, and make the water more alkaline. I wouldn't use it for fluoridated tap water, but if you can get clean rain water or well water it will filter out some of the bad elements, I have also used it to recondition RO water, to make it more alive .

http://www.getmywellness.com/piwater/nikken-aqua-pour/

The Ecolo blue is suppose to produce slightly alkaline water of very pure quality, and hopefully it delivers on that promise. I'll give a full report after I get to sampled it...... I've spent the last month purifying the environment of my office where the machine will go. Took out old carpet, cleaned hardwood floors, got a huge wooden table, put down an awesome wool rug, have a few lovely house plants, and am running a nikken heapafilter machine. This is going to by my oasis room, a sanctuary of purity, a place where I can relax, eat my dinner and spend my evenings researching the great mysteries, and spreading knowledge throughout the world from the comfort of my home.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:26:48 pm by sabertooth »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 01:08:00 pm »
Let us know how it goes, Saber. I'm curious. I got waaay into water quality back during my vegan days, but have slacked off since. I drink club soda using a soda maker at home, made with city water, not exactly the most natural source.

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 10:02:37 pm »
How does everyone stay hydrated while traveling? Is there a way to purify tap water? could adding himilayan salt/lemon/baking soda reduce the harmful effects? or some type of clay?

I spend lots of time on the road traveling because of hockey. our team regularly has 5-15 hour bus trips. everyone drinks bottled water. I have a fill2Pure bottle but i dont notice much of a change.

Im also driving across the US soon, any tips on hydration?

Fruits and veggies are out as im trying to avoid fiber in my diet because of IBS problems.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2015, 11:38:17 pm »
I bring water when I'm traveling by car, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy supermarket R/O bottled water en route  if necessary. On airplanes, well, you have to buy whatever they are selling past the TSA checkpoint (in the US). At home, I use a gravity filter... no recommendations (I don't love it and I don't hate it).

I've never had an issue with hydration - I drink when I am thirsty.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 12:33:25 am »
tribe look up mineral springs to stop at on your trip.

generally when i travel long distances i try to stop in towns that have natural food stores, load up on food and water, stay in hostels so i can store food in the fridge (usually town with food coops and more heath conscious environmental considerate populations have hostels) and spend a few nights camping in between. 

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 03:15:56 am »

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 12:45:30 am »
I only drink high quality spring water from glass bottles....... I am very picky with my water. I drink about 4 bottles / day.
I eat cucumbers too.. for hydration. And snow..... I just ate snow on my daily walk in the woods... so yummy... :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk