Author Topic: Is Fruit Meant For Man  (Read 58157 times)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Is Fruit Meant For Man
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2010, 04:01:35 am »
I am not VLC (eat fruits and veggies) but I still get AT LEAST half my calories from fat (usually more then half)  ;)
Fat is very calorie dense I don't have to eat much of it, by mass my fat would look so much smaller then the muscle meat, liquids and plant matter...just eat the small amount of fats that come on the sides of my meats, in my ground bison, a piece of fatty raw cheese and 1 tablespoon of flax oil, once in a while I eat some bone marrow or a little cod oil, or a few fatty nuts or fatty salmon.
Compared by volume, you could say I hardly ever eat much fat, but still thats where a big part of my calories are from, if that fat wasn't there I'd be having some big issues. On the other hand I tried forcefully eating more animal fat and felt sluggish and just...not well.
You'll know if you're eating too much fat (sluggish, nauseous etc) or too little fat (tired, hungry, craving too much fruits), everyones requirement is different especially with all the different activity levels and exercises.
I don't care if I am burning sugar or fat or both, sugar from fruits gives me quick energy and burns fast, then after thats done all those precious fats I ate come in handy, then I am burning fat (= I like to use both for energy, but if I had to choose just one, I'd burn FAT, it lasts longer!
I don't know why there are so many arguments about how much fat one should eat, I thought that with the raw animal diet this becomes VERY intuitive/instinctive, who cares about measuring the fat just eat it but don't gorge on it! IF you are Zero-carb THEN you may need a little more then average well thats just obvious no?

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2010, 08:58:27 am »
The fruit I ate in jordan was pretty good quality. The fruit in the picture, the bananas were not as sweet and smaller, the grapes actually had seeds, the red and yellow fruits are fresh dates, they tase best when completely black, and are somewhat bitter when the colors are bright.

Even though it's domesticated, they are generally better versions of domesticated fruits in Jordan. Especially inlocal markets. (my uncle actually works in a fruit market)

Edit: Durianriders dream meal? lol Just kidding

this is a good sticky topic by the way ;)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2010, 01:52:20 pm »
too little fat (tired, hungry, craving too much fruits), everyones requirement is different especially with all the different activity levels and exercises.
You can eat greater amounts of fats and still crave fruits - it's because these carbs are helpful to utilize the fatty acids efficiently.
I don't care if I am burning sugar or fat or both, sugar from fruits gives me quick energy and burns fast, then after thats done all those precious fats I ate come in handy, then I am burning fat (= I like to use both for energy, but if I had to choose just one, I'd burn FAT, it lasts longer!
If you are LC then carbs are needed mainly for your cells without mitochondria (erythrocytes), some part of brain and for high-intensity exercices.
For other functions of your organism you burn fat.

Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2010, 04:42:38 am »
I never crave fruits or carbs in general. After I lift weights or do cardio, I am not hungry and just drink water/tea until it is my eating window, where I want meat and eggs.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2010, 04:02:47 pm »
These pics were taken yestarday in my orchard:

I've got 8 crates of these reddish apples in my cellar. They're kinda sour, but IMO tasty.
The green-yellow ones - only several kilograms; they're sweet.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 04:25:59 pm by Hannibal »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2010, 04:11:02 pm »
Wow,

Is it possible to ship out by air mail these organic apples?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2010, 04:37:53 pm »
That one has been a little bit eaten by some insects -

Inside -

Is it possible to ship out by air mail these organic apples?
Sure it is. But what's the cost?  ;)

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 25, 2010, 04:54:36 pm »
That one has been a little bit eaten by some insects -

looks more like the workings of squirrels or birds

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 25, 2010, 05:12:38 pm »
looks more like the workings of squirrels or birds
Maybe you're right.
There are lots of squirrels and birds in my forest.
But I saw several times that ants were doing that kind of workings in some other fruits.

Offline ster546464@yahoo.co.uk

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2010, 05:37:14 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iah4-oFphnQ

lol,

It feels more like an ambush and attempt to embarass Vitalis, which is a shame.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2010, 07:24:59 am »
lol,

It feels more like an ambush and attempt to embarass Vitalis, which is a shame.

If it's a shame, then why did you post it?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 08:46:42 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline ster546464@yahoo.co.uk

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2010, 08:25:58 am »
to keep the dicussion /information going

Vitalis can defend himself, he's clever enough.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2010, 08:35:17 am »
Sure, and he has, but we don't need to soil this forum with DR's anger-ridden crapola, do we? He has vilely insulted all RPDers, which means you too, repeatedly, so I see no need to publish his diatribes here. Besides, he and his followers do that, while pretending to be RPDers or people curious about RPD. As a result, the moderators and other folks here tend to get suspicious when someone keeps posting DR's bile. So far you've acted more like a Weston Price devotee than a fruitarian, but you seem oddly interested in DR. Didn't you already get questioned about that? Last I knew he even said at his site that he still has at least one account here. I think it's probably best just to mostly ignore DR. Enough people report poor results at his forum that there's really no need to refute him.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 08:42:19 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2010, 08:43:32 am »
who's durianrider? .............isn't that a fruit?

;)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2010, 09:03:31 am »
DR made some good points criticizing Daniel Vitalis.

The good point was about Daniel's source of fruits was the supermarket.

In Manila, we do not buy our fruits from the supermarket, because the fruits in the supermarket always suck.

We buy fruits from the wet market from dedicated fruit stands.

DR's diatribe on drinking water and peeing is funny.
So DR admits to peeing 10x a day and getting up several times a night just to pee.
Whooppeeee... he's having fun.

We buy our fruits in the wet market... like so...
Buy organic, local and in season.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:11:29 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2010, 09:08:18 am »
because the fruits in the supermarket always suck.

Where I am supermarkets often carry organic fruits that are in season in Ontario, as well as the imported fruit....you just have to know what to buy...
I can come out of a supermarket with wild salmon, wild red tuna, raw dulse and organic Ontario fruit that was freshly picked, now we have got some delicious apples
or with a melon from across the world and frozen pizza....theres always a choice

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2010, 09:50:48 am »
What is a wet market? I'm guessing by the photos that it's some kind of open-air market. Whatever it is, I don't think we have it here near the border of Canada. Those fruits would become ice balls in an open-air market during the winter here. LOL I guess you could use them as weapons to hunt an animal with. :D

The main advantage of supermarkets here is low price, but there's a sacrifice in quality. They have some wild fish and local in-season fruits, but for top-quality stuff the healthfood markets (or direct from the farmer) are best (and you get what you pay for, so you pay more--though some foods, like 100% grassfed suet, don't cost much more than the lesser quality alternatives at the supermarkets). Some of my faves at the healthfood markets are 100% grassfed ground beef and suet, pastured ground venison, duck breast, D'Artagnan uncured duck bacon, sashimi-grade wild Hawaiian yellowfin tuna and wild King (chinook) salmon, raw local honey (Champlain Valley Apiaries tastes the best to me of the local raw honeys; no one local sells the really high quality honeycomb yet), free-range fertile eggs, and for less than a couple months out of the year, fresh wild Maine blueberries are in season and available, so they're a special treat, as are sacs of fresh shad roe a couple weeks out of the year. The farmers' markets in the area are still stinky-poo at this point--basically tourist traps.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:26:25 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2010, 10:29:50 am »
who's durianrider? .............isn't that a fruit?

;)
I did some extensive research on this topic and found an actual picture of one in its wild state.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2010, 10:49:58 am »
raw local honey (Champlain Valley Apiaries tastes the best to me of the local raw honeys; no one local sells the really high quality honeycomb yet)

Does it come in a steel barrel which you pour out with the nozzle, I just got some local raw honey from my healthfood store, just pigged out on it  :P...the taste is great, has a very strong flavor of citrus and some kinda spicy liquor I can't think of a way to describe it, very good, batter then the bottled raw honey I bought...

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2010, 11:07:15 am »
Does it come in a steel barrel which you pour out with the nozzle....
Nah, it comes in glass and plastic containers. Here's an image of their lightly-heated crystallized honey: Apparently they don't sell the raw version online. It doesn't meet Aajonus' standards, as they do use a centrifuge instead of hand-packing the honey.

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2010, 11:16:57 am »
It doesn't meet Aajonus' standards, as they do use a centrifuge instead of hand-packing the honey.

...if he thinks its bad to centrifuge honey why does he think its ok to juice veggies...kinda weird

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2010, 12:23:01 pm »
I did some extensive research on this topic and found an actual picture of one in its wild state.

A "durianrider" is a fruit native to Australia, but can can be found in Thailand growing on motorcycles.
-Wikipedia

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2010, 03:25:36 pm »
...if he thinks its bad to centrifuge honey why does he think its ok to juice veggies...kinda weird
It's not weird.
He is against using centrifugal juicers due to the same reasons why he is against centrifuging honey.
He strongly recommends twin gear juicers.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2010, 10:26:24 pm »
I did not read this whole thread but centrifuging juice is not so good as it mixes the juice with air/oxygen and therefore it oxidizes the nutrients. That's why we bought a twin gear juicer.
Cheers
Al

Offline MelissaF

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Ingrown hair treatment
« Reply #149 on: October 28, 2010, 04:16:44 pm »
It is always for maintaing your health.So try to eat only those foods which are good for health.
Regards,
Ali.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk