Author Topic: Does butter need to be raw?  (Read 5704 times)

Offline White shark

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Does butter need to be raw?
« on: April 15, 2012, 04:27:19 am »
I cant get raw butter, and i dont think i will get enough fat without it. Is pasteurized butter bad? Some people say that the butter fat can tolerate the heat, is that true?

CitrusHigh

Re: Does butter need to be raw?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 04:54:40 am »
You don't have sources for raw eggs or pastured suet or fatty cuts of meat or organs?

It should be very rare to not have access to some sort of palatable raw fat.

Tell us what kind of area you live in, urban, large, urban small? country? Do you have a vehicle to travel or a way to get around?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 05:05:40 am »
Pasteurised dairy is even worse in effect than cooked meats - the former has the highest load of heat-created toxins, other than heavily processed cooked animal foods. If you have no choice, get hold of ghee which has far lower casein- and lactose-levels than standard pasteurised butter. Otherwise, just get hold of fatty, raw muscle-meats like raw , grassfed  leg of lamb, if you can't get hold of fatty raw organ-meats like raw tongue or raw marrow.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline White shark

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 05:11:38 am »
No i cant get raw fat anywhere in Denmark, its the same all over the country. Everything have to be pasteurized. I do eat meat but its expensive, and i eat eggs but i feel i need some extra fat.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 05:19:09 am »
I take it you can't get hold of any raw organ-meats? That's strange. If you contact farms directly, then usually a few will deliver raw organ-meats to you if you keep phoning around. Also look into buying raw wild game from hunters if you're in the countryside.Oh, and you might try raw avocado - raw plant fats didn't work for me, but they might be useful for you.

Also, Denmark presumably being near the sea in most areas, should  have lots of raw, wildcaught, fatty fish available. My own personal favourites are raw mackerel, raw swordfish and raw kingfish. Much cheaper varieties of raw, fatty fish( which I don't like all that much) are raw sprats and raw sardines.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 05:51:14 am »
Sounds fishy to me, you cant get meat scraps of any kind? Sounds like you need to get creative.

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 09:09:34 am »
The fish there should be wild-caught from the north sea. I'd say a good fatty species would be a good start, like TD said. Hunting in a lot of places in Europe is really weird, but if it is possible to hunt where you are, that's a sure-fire wild raw fat/meat source. Even better than grass-fed raw if you can hunt clean land.
insert signature here

Offline White shark

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 01:47:55 am »
Yes I can get raw organmeats, and I eat liver, I dont like the other organmeats, but there isnt much fat in organmeats. Maybe I will eat some more fish. I like fish, and Its easy to get.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 02:13:16 am »
Tongue, suet, brain and marrow are EXTREMELY high in fat, so it's not true to state that organ-meats are all lean.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 10:39:10 pm »
We order from schaetze aus Oesterreich:
http://www.schaetzeausoesterreich.at/schaetzeausoesterreich/shop/delikatessenundfeinkost/biobutterausrohmilch/biobutterausrohmilchalacartesieger.php

I think they will ship to Denmark.

Raw butter has helped me gain weight. I eat chunks of it throughout the day, in combination with raw fatty fish, avocados and cold pressed olive oil atm. I also still eat pasta once a day  -[. It is crazy hard for me to gain weight, especially now that I am breastfeeding.
Good Luck!
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk