Poll

Who would you like to win the nomination?

Michelle Bachman
0 (0%)
Herman Cain
0 (0%)
Newt Gingrich
0 (0%)
Jon Huntsman
0 (0%)
Gary Johnson
1 (12.5%)
Ron Paul
6 (75%)
Rick Perry
0 (0%)
Mitt Romney
0 (0%)
Rick Santorum
0 (0%)
other
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: March 30, 2012, 10:05:21 pm

Author Topic: US Republican Primary  (Read 4099 times)

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
US Republican Primary
« on: December 01, 2011, 10:05:21 pm »
For those who care about politics in the US......

You might also comment on if you want Obama to win re-election, any 3rd party you may be considering, who you'd like to see as prez (and VP), and the like.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:44:29 pm by TylerDurden »
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: US Republican Primary
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 11:56:59 pm »
Sometimes I do wish it was possible for foreigners to vote in other countries' elections. That way, war would become increasingly unlikely and certain economic disasters like subprime might have fizzled out long before becoming reality.

Other than stating that Ron Paul should become President(since he favours almost all my own political views), I don't know what else to add re the US.

I have noted some good points elsewhere. In Austria, a motion was suggested to make it a criminal, imprisonable offence for politicians to increase the national debt, and to force all Austrians to pay a specific portion of their wage-checks(20 euros was suggested as a start) towards paying off the national debt, on the basis that if they weren't forced to pay, they would anyway eventually have to pay  far higher amounts later on.  That was a brilliant idea, but, likely, will never get anywhere in Parliament.

I also wish the UK and other countries would resort to proportional representation. I saw what a wonderful gift PR voting was in allowing Berlusconi to stay in power for so long. At last, a politician willing to do what his own populace mostly wanted. Who cares about all those "bunga bunga" parties, that was just a prerogative of being rich and successful.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 04:27:23 am »
they are all clowns

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 05:17:08 am »
I'd be willing to vote for anyone who would keep us out of unnecessary wars, and work at reducing the gap between rich and poor. Since Obama is the only one out of all the contenders who seems to at least pay lip service to both goals, I think I hope he wins. Having a president who supports raw milk would be nice, but Ron Paul doesn't seem to see the gap between rich and poor as a bad thing.  I, OTOH, see it is a potential source of armed insurrection.  Sooner or later, the poor either vote themselves some money from the rich, or take it forcibly. The first is better.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 07:57:39 am »
perhaps becoming more empowered to create your own wealth and recognizing it doesn't always come in the form of cash money is a better idea?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 08:23:35 am by TylerDurden »

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 12:33:55 pm »
they are not clowns by far.  politicians are sleazily smart people.  They are the ones laughing at us how stupid we are to put them in the office.

Obama will likely get re-elected regardless of who is the Republican nominee.  My personal opinion is Cain had the best chance to beat Obama. Until the accusations started to surface. I would've liked to see Jindal running.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:44:47 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 07:58:22 pm »
Well, I wasn't ever sure if the accusations against Cain were politically-motivated or not, they sounded a bit too contrived. If they were really true, then Cain must be an utter moron. I mean, it's common knowledge that women are attracted to men in positions of power, so there's no need to sexually harass women when one is a CEO/politician etc. Still, sometimes power/fame can go to one's head. I recall a story where Jack Nicholson, in his 60s, is supposed to have refused to pay 2 prostitutes and shoved them down the stairs, saying that he didn't have to pay them  because they should be thankful to have had the honour to have slept with such a famous movie-star in the first place.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 11:48:58 pm »
tyler, we all receive really biased and not full information on any of these fools, I assume you may be even less enlightened as to what a fallacy and distraction these "republican candidates" and all of the superfluous personal issues, true or not, are from the real problems and more legitimate although highlight inadequate and discourageous candidates that are actually running....
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:42:06 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 12:03:34 am »
I've just heard that Michelle Bachmann, on being asked what to do about Iran, said that, if in office, she would have the US abandon its embassy there.  An embassy that hasn't been in existence since 1980, after a certain dramatic incident in history! And this psycho politician has even claimed that Iran threatened to launch its future nuclear missiles at Israel and the US, which turns out to be a lie.

I had thought that the US couldn't possibly sink lower than Dan Quayle, but it seems that Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman, among others, have been shown to be even dumber than him.

Obama seems to have been not  quite as bad re gaffes, making mostly just slips of the tongue:-

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/barackobama/a/obama-isms.htm
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 08:55:54 am »
Seems countries are always run by psychopaths, war mongers, and all the corrupt bad mafia assholes.

So it is OUR psychopaths, war mongers, and all the corrupt bad mafia assholes vs YOUR psychopaths, war mongers, and all the corrupt bad mafia assholes.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 10:47:17 am »
So it is OUR psychopaths, war mongers, and all the corrupt bad mafia assholes vs YOUR psychopaths, war mongers, and all the corrupt bad mafia assholes

It's been like that since day one.  It's just today we have Internet.  But the rules of the game never changed.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 09:25:24 pm »
they are all clowns

I disagree.

Jon Huntsman, Gary Johnson, & Ron Paul all have effective ideas for how to jump-start the economy, get gov out of your personal business, save trillions in gov spending (meaning lower personal taxes AND increased services where needed), lowering health-care costs dramatically, and the like.

All 3 would march out of Iraq & Afghanistan, and would bring most troops abroad home, decreasing costs and increasing national security & defense.

All 3 would end the war on drugs.

In areas where Obama made social issue promises (and failed miserably) Huntsman, Johnson, & Paul would all succeed immediately. Obama also failed to end US militarism and has actually expanded it beyond Bush's scope. Obama promised transparency and has made gov even more closed. Obama promised to close Gitmo and has not. Obama promised to end corporatism and has expanded it.

Huntsman, Johnson, & Paul are not only running, but have long track records demonstrating they don't say one thing and do another.

Ron Paul is the only one among them at this point who is in "striking distance".

Ron Paul is the best candidate in the field with the longest track record for pro-liberty positions. He is the only one who can face Obama with plans in place to balance (& decrease) the budget, pay down the national debt, fix the economy, get the US military out of other countries, expand friendly relations worldwide, get gov out of your personal life, and restore liberties that are being lost.

I hardly see that as a "clown".
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:16:27 pm by TylerDurden »
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 10:31:13 pm »
It's been like that since day one.  It's just today we have Internet.  But the rules of the game never changed.

Then maybe this is the 9th wave of consciousness as the MAYANs had predicted.  Our global consciousness has been raised and the next step is actualizing this knowledge. 

The next step is actually voting in the GOOD GUYS to be President.  Ron Paul 2012.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk