Author Topic: Inclined Bed Therapy (formerly Elevating the head of your bed)  (Read 79701 times)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Inclined Bed Therapy (formerly Elevating the head of your bed)
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2012, 02:17:04 am »
so i am on my forth or fifth night of sleeping like this...still a ton of vivid dreams, as good of sleep as i was getting before(i dont have trouble sleeping), feel like i have less boogers in the morning, also starting to think it does help move turds through the body at night.  i still only have it raised 4 or so inches, perhaps in a few days i will try 6-8?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2012, 02:36:39 am »
It's 18 nights and we like it. Sleep is much deeper for my wife. She has always been a very light sleeper. I sleep like a rock. My back feels substantially stronger and more solid and I am much more erect. That's very nice.

Snore no more.

We go to bed a lot earlier. I can drink water now. I didn't like to drink much previously.
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2012, 06:48:07 am »
A few nights ago we raised the feet of my husband's side up a few inches again because of his missed heartbeat thing that coincided with raising the bed. We think it has to do with vitamin d overdose levels but it could be influenced by the bed incline how he is detoxing or not detoxing or using up the vitamin d. My side has been at the same level and the only direct affect has been with my dreams at this point and the feeling that the incline is natural and right for me. How many days now is it? I went directly to full height so probably have been doing it around the same time as Al.

But then last night hubbie put a grounding sheet on his side. I muscle tested it for him and it was very good and for me it was very bad - so just on his side. But that thing has sure put a fly in the ointment of the incline bed therapy experiment for us because last night we went to bed around 12 and I was up at 1:30 watching him sleep solidly on his back without snoring (even incline he would give a little snorey like sounds on his back that long) and he was so out that I checked his pulse - BUT HE DIDN'T WAKE UP! He's a very light sleeper - but I checked his pulse and not a movement from him. I was wide awake for the entire night, I couldn't even sleep NEXT to the grounding sheet. I had to get out of bed to get away from that thing. I couldn't sleep until he was up.

So now we added grounding sheet to incline bed therapy so I no longer will be able to analyze how the incline is doing. I thought the sheet on his side wouldn't matter, but apparently it does. I'm not myself at all today. This is going to be a tough situation because that sheet I'm pretty sure is really good for him - but I might not be able to sleep next to him... or I might have to go onto a polyphasic sleep cycle to be able to deal with it.

I'm very confused.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2012, 10:10:35 pm »
Dorothy,
Maybe you need to test that thing for a longer period of time or maybe there are some negative energies coming from the ground in that area. A simple way to take care of them would be to direct them into water or salt-water.

And, for me, the inclined bed works fine. I do feel somewhat better during the day and I drink more water when I'm not consuming milk or other fats.  It does not reduce sleep time too much in the short term, but maybe it will be different after a while.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2012, 10:43:27 pm »
Dorothy,

What do you mean by a grounding sheet? Are you talking about some sort of electrical grounding thing?
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2012, 02:08:53 am »
Dorothy,

What do you mean by a grounding sheet? Are you talking about some sort of electrical grounding thing?

http://www.earthing.com/Default.asp

Yeah it's grounding into an electrical outlet - just the grounding part - not the electrical part.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2012, 02:14:45 am »
Dorothy,
Maybe you need to test that thing for a longer period of time or maybe there are some negative energies coming from the ground in that area. A simple way to take care of them would be to direct them into water or salt-water.

And, for me, the inclined bed works fine. I do feel somewhat better during the day and I drink more water when I'm not consuming milk or other fats.  It does not reduce sleep time too much in the short term, but maybe it will be different after a while.

I'm living on a particular spot of earth that draws lots of negative energy into the soil. It's true - it's a vortex.  It's why I was guided to living here. Most people dump negative energy into the ground. My energy system works the opposite way. No amount of time testing it is going to change that. The grounding sheet is incredibly good for my husband and very bad for me - even when it is only on his side of the bed. I never slept on it at all because I knew it wouldn't be good for me. It seems to affect me negatively though even on only his side. I'm working hard on figuring out how to work with it in a way that won't make me sick. So far I'm not having much success - but I might have an idea to try for tonight. I can't sleep away from my husband and I really don't want to ask him not to use the sheet that seems to be so very good for him at a time when he really needs it. I'll figure something out.

But these grounding devices are really a wonderful thing for most people. If y'all haven't heard about them - do check it out.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:20:17 am by Dorothy »

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2012, 02:18:25 am »
As far as the incline bed therapy goes I know for certain that it's simply good for me. No downside at all. Just made me release better at night and keep the cleansing going and my kidneys really like it. My organs are happier on that incline. I took to it immediately. Just needed more water at first.

We might have gone way too fast with my husband though. We're probably going to raise the feet up again so that he is only inclined about an inch or two and keep it like that for more like a month at a time. I think he saw how good it was going for me and wanted to hop on the bandwagon - but fast isn't always good for everyone. I didn't have much in the way of issues for it to exacerbate.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2012, 05:08:15 am »
Wanted to add here now that my incline bed has started recently to improve my ability to meditate/do inner work and my water consumption and urination have turned to the opposite. I need LESS water than I did before and I can stay going from sleep to a deep meditative place without urinating or getting up for more than 14 hours straight. My dream life is more useful, powerful and my sleep more healing on all levels and meditation/healing work enhanced.

This incline bed therapy is not only good for people wanting to heal something - but generally empowering on all levels - at least it is for me.

Thank you Al!!!!!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2012, 07:16:36 am »
My pleasure!

We've had good luck also. My W sleeps soundly now which is a first for her. I find that my back is stronger and straighter. I did a headstand and it felt great. I was able to do the full lotus for about 40 minutes which is unusual for me. I was out kite surfing this afternoon and was completely on, never missed a turn. It was awesome.

Re the bed, try getting some quartz crystals, put them in the mid point of each side of the bed. This will knock out any electrical stuff.
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2012, 09:51:09 am »
Yeah - I forgot to add: I was just telling my husband at dinner that I find myself sitting up straight with my lower back in a perfect curve keeping my spine in alignment. I've tried to force myself to do such things since high school but never could do it. But even right now as I type I find myself in that position! It's simply bizarre that my body wants to stay straight and is doing it naturally with no prodding. It's a real gift.

... and thanks for the crystal suggestion!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2012, 05:44:32 am »
a few nights ago i put the head of my bed down, my feet were TOO hot for me to sleep anymore and i felt as though i had sore legs in the morning, ive always had a problem with edema down there though and a LOT of ankle and knee injuries were i have a lot of nerve damage soooo...i am sleeping just as well non-enclinated though, however i did feel it made my poops come out sooner in the am(although its not a problem now) as well as made my face look more refreshed

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2012, 07:27:53 am »
a few nights ago i put the head of my bed down, my feet were TOO hot for me to sleep anymore and i felt as though i had sore legs in the morning, ive always had a problem with edema down there though and a LOT of ankle and knee injuries were i have a lot of nerve damage soooo...i am sleeping just as well non-enclinated though, however i did feel it made my poops come out sooner in the am(although its not a problem now) as well as made my face look more refreshed

Jessica, incline bed therapy is supposed to be the answer for edema and nerve damage. Perhaps you did too much of an incline too fast.

I've noticed that my kidneys are really working. I have had slight rings under my eyes since starting - but I don't think it's a bad thing. I think that when my kidneys finally catch up completely I'll be ahead of the game.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2012, 07:42:53 am »
Jessica, incline bed therapy is supposed to be the answer for edema and nerve damage. Perhaps you did too much of an incline too fast.

I've noticed that my kidneys are really working. I have had slight rings under my eyes since starting - but I don't think it's a bad thing. I think that when my kidneys finally catch up completely I'll be ahead of the game.

doesnt seem like it would help with edema in the feet.  there was way too much circulation and they were firey hot as i was sleeping and then i felt like i wanted to lay with my feet up during the day.  i stand up for the majority of the day too, walking and hiking a lot.  i hate having hot feet, when i get stress related boughts of inflammation my hands and feet light on fire, i have pretty fucked up adrenals though, they are going to take a long time to trust me again

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2012, 07:46:36 am »
Just going by what lots of people reported Jessica from reading the forum. I'm just wondering if a little bit would help the circulation where a whole lot is just too much??? Of course you have to do what feels right.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2012, 09:28:03 am »
i tried the incline (at 4inches) for a couple of weeks. at first it was fun, but that changed. i workout at the end of the day and drink a lot of water at that time so i'm usually up once a night to use the bathroom,and then i fall right back to sleep. with the incline i was up 4 or 5 times, i can fall right back to sleep, but that much disruption i could feel it the next day.  i don't think i need to speed things up to be more balanced, i think i need to slow them down. i'm back to the ground and getting my sleep again. 

jessica, are your feet swollen when they're hot?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2012, 10:38:40 am »
What I don't understand is why anyone should go up four inches at a time. That seems like it could be a lot. Why not one inch - just putting a couple of thin books under the two feet at one end of the bed.

Having all the liquids moving with some gravity makes a great deal of sense to me - having all night to still cleanse and not pool up liquids, and so far it has stopped some foot pain that was starting and I'm getting generally warmer and sitting straighter - all good stuff.  I have a weird bed situation so going the full tilt made logistical sense and I felt right about doing it. For me, it's making a really great difference - but going too fast seems to be really wrong for others.

My guess is that everyone has an ideal speed to be going - but I'm also guessing that the sicker you are the more you need it and going real slow makes a lot of sense to me when not in ideal health.

I wish I had understood this for my husband at the outset. I think the drinking of so much water and the kidney cleansing and stress caused an electrolyte imbalance which has caused him skipping heart beats. He went too fast too with four inches. If I had to do again I would have started half to an inch at a time with each increase that same small amount so that the whole thing took at least a year.

Except for me because I thought it was a blast with the extreme kidney reaction at first - but that also might be dumb. ;) I'm loving my new bed!

But the big lesson in all this is that this stuff although so simple and seemingly innocuous, can have some really big effects.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2012, 10:58:57 am »
yes, i learned my lesson :)  usually when i start things slowly the differences are so subtle that i don't know if they're real or in my will or nothing at all, so i've always tended to take on too much so i can find my starting point and work from there.  in this case, ground level is a good start :)  seriously, though, 4 inches didn't look like much, lol.... i was really wrong!

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2012, 11:01:32 am »
I had to go 3 inches at a time because the bed had two centre legs (1st leg 1" 2nd 2" 3rd 3"). I just went up the second step and am now at 6 inches. At 3" I had been having great sleeps, and now since going up to 6" I haven't slept for 2 nights - what does this mean?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2012, 11:07:08 am »
I think it means that your kidneys are working at night! At first it was extra intense with the dreams going in and out of sleep too. Each step is going to create more pressure, which means more liquid movement and more cleansing. i think this incline thing stimulates the lympathic system pretty strongly as welll as the urinary.

Keep us posted on how things go for you Alive - but personally, I would put it down an inch so you increase only one inch at a time from what I'm reading from people here and from what you said. 3 inches might be too much for you. 4 inches was too much for a few others, so makes sense that 3 inch jump could be too much for you. 6 inches is very close to the 7 inches which is supposed to be full tilt. More than 8 isn't supposed to give any more results.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2012, 11:09:25 am »
yes, i learned my lesson :)  usually when i start things slowly the differences are so subtle that i don't know if they're real or in my will or nothing at all, so i've always tended to take on too much so i can find my starting point and work from there.  in this case, ground level is a good start :)  seriously, though, 4 inches didn't look like much, lol.... i was really wrong!

Sadly that's why I enjoyed going up to full tilt right away - it really felt like something big was happening and still is. One inch at time isn't all that glamorous and I probably wouldn't have known that it was really doing much or as good for me as I now believe it is if I went at a "reasonable" pace. ;)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2012, 07:14:06 pm »
They say that there is a reaction at first with some people and it may last awhile but ultimately it works out. You just have to grin and bear it for long term gain.

I am at around a month now and I am doing fine. My legs are very slightly more solid, but it isn't edema. It's muscle.

My back is definitely more solid and straighter, which is good as it was slightly bent forward (not good as it is a family tradition)

My snoring has stopped, unless of course I have a large meal of cooked food.

My wife sleeps al night which is awesome. I have never known her to do so.
Cheers
Al

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2012, 07:32:14 pm »
I just don't buy this elevated head talk. I went camping last night which is semi paleo and it was horrid no matter what position I took. I was freeezing, sore and no girl contact.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2012, 11:05:05 pm »
I am using an inclined bed position, too. I found comfort in a tilt that was less than the 5 degree maximum. In my position, I feel a slight traction in my joints, which is quite agreeable. I feel no stiffness when I wake up, which was my main complaint with a flat bed. With a greater tilt, I dreamed all night about sliding off the bed and having to climb back up, and I woke up in the morning with my feet slid all the way down to the floor.

I just don't buy this elevated head talk. I went camping last night which is semi paleo and it was horrid no matter what position I took. I was freeezing, sore and no girl contact.

@Wodgina: I think the tilt has to be reversed for those in the Southern Hemisphere. In addition, try a warming pad with a 3" foam mattress and three female dungarees (those Aussie wild animals). That should solve everything. You'll have to try it next time.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk