Author Topic: Food poisoning  (Read 4451 times)

Offline gatesy

• Forager
    • View Profile
Food poisoning
« on: September 14, 2011, 10:22:04 pm »
Hi all im currently really unwell, the NHS suspects that i have contracted salmomella but this was a telephone consultation so the accuracy is somewhat lower.
ill explain the day and see what your opinion on the cause of the diease are;
i fasted untill 1pm then consumed a smoothie with fruit an raw egg yolks but the whites were cooked. felt fine after this altho it seemed to take along time to digest, i felt full for longer than usual.
i then went to the gym and finished my workout with 1 litre of Raw milk and a Steamroom and jacuzzi session.
around 20-30 mins after this i took a shower and had goosebumps and felt really cold even when standing under a warm shower.
this subsided after turning the shower temp up significantly higher than usual.
i then went home and consumed some Raw liver and Kidney whilst still feeling rather full from the milk my digestion wasnt as quick as usual yesterday.
i then took another litre of raw milk to bed. i drank this milk and after .5 Litre i felt horrendus felt realy cold began sweating and sever abdominal cramps.
this then worsened to The usual food poisoning symptoms and ive felt terrible ever since. diaohrea around 1 hour after inital consumption of milk and also around hour and half after second batch of milk. i managed to not vomit however i was very very close.
ive felt terrible today and have consumed raw garlic and peppermint tea in order to help matters.

what are your opinions on the possible cause of the Food poisoning. Milk? eggs?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Food poisoning
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 03:03:39 am »
i would not mix fruits with anything else especially eggs and meats.  it gave me similar symptoms in the past.

Offline gatesy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 02:49:01 pm »
interesting i was consuming the kiwi and pineapple for the digestive enzymes present in the fruit.
i slept for 16 hours last night only woke to attend the toilet, which it seams even sips of water are going straight through me.
i was soaked with sweat each time i woke last night. the sweat was very garlic smelling so maybe that has had some positive effect.
i wonder what reasons fruit mixed with egg or meat could give salmonella like symptoms.

Offline gatesy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 03:45:03 pm »
I desperately want to believe it was the eggs that caused it and not the milk but the symptoms initially became apparent after consumption of milk and upon the second consumption I deteriorated quickly.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:36:50 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 09:57:46 pm »
You have to be really careful what you mix fresh milk with.  I've had food-poisoning symptoms from mixing raw honeycomb and fresh raw milk.

You might have a contaminated batch of milk.  You might want to throw it out, wait a couple of weeks and restabilize your health, and then try a very small amount of raw milk again, by itself.

Offline gatesy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 12:31:53 am »
i had consumed alot of raw honey on the afternoon with the milk about 4 hours later.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 03:10:57 am »
i had consumed alot of raw honey on the afternoon with the milk about 4 hours later.

If the amounts were very large, and/or you hadn't digested the honeycomb fully, then this could be a cause, maybe.

Offline gatesy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 10:24:29 pm »
well i had 3 table spoons of honey after my smooth but the smoothie was around 1000cals maybe more and this took along time to digest than usual so maybe it was still around in my stomach.
the old wives tale of honey and milk as a remedy is debunked then.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 01:02:53 am »
    A vegan green smoothie made me deathly ill.  I tried herb tea to help, but it gave me more of a problem.  Many months later on advice I tried green smoothies other ways, like with some kefir or egg or honey.  I didn't get as ill, but definitely sick to my stomach.  I say be careful what you put in your smoothie.  You might have problems with greens or certain greens or blended greens or combining too many foods in a blender.  

There are great smoothie recipes in Recipe for Living Without Disease.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:37:05 pm by TylerDurden »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk