Author Topic: Feeling Ill  (Read 26142 times)

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Feeling Ill
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2011, 02:54:07 am »
CHK91,
 its primarily for testing, but if you read carefully it sez that it can be used for supplementation but the dosage is small.

I totally agree there will be some issue or the other - so lets pick our poisons ;D

I have had issues with titanium dioxide - so i am little paranoid about additives after that - so its just me.

Are raw eggs okay to eat for our condition (copper overload)?

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2011, 03:00:57 am »
Most of us are already trying really hard to avoid environment toxins that we know are harmful. It will drive us INSANE if we dwell too much on environmental toxins that are only speculated to be harmful. The minuscule amount of aromatic hydrocarbons I breathe while at the gas station is probably more harmful than magnesium stearate XP. If your body is being supplied with adequate nutrients, it will be better equipped to deal with foreign contaminants, whatever they may be.

Eggs are balanced and should be no problem. It's actually very beneficial. Zinc and copper are balanced. The high cysteine and selenium content will help with metallothionein production which will help remove excess copper and other heavy metals from the system. It also will improve protein digestion.

Vegan diets are poor in selenium and cysteine so they are already in state that promotes copper and other heavy metal accumulation. Eventually, as protein digestion weakens, more and more undigested protein enters the intestine causing all sorts of nasty effects which I had to learn about the hard way.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 03:17:42 am by CHK91 »
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2011, 03:17:52 am »
Eggs are balanced and should be no problem. It's actually very beneficial. Zinc and copper are balanced. The high cysteine and selenium content will help with metallothionine production which will help remove excess copper and other heavy metals from the system. It also will improve protein digestion.

Vegan diets are poor in selenium and cysteine so they are already in state that promotes copper and other heavy metal accumulation. Eventually, as protein digestion weakens, more and more undigested protein enters the intestine causing all sort of nasty effects which I had to learn about the hard way.
How do recommend we should have eggs?
Presently i take the yolk and whites seperately. For yolk i mix with olive oil(EVOO) and lemon juice (liver cleanser), after a few hours (after the yolks are digested) i have the whites with little lemon juice and a little olive oil, just to improve the taste( I know EVOO and lemon only work with yolks)

Thanks

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2011, 03:31:03 am »
I eat all the yolks raw with my main meals. I really don't know what is ideal to be honest. There is an ongoing debate on this forum about the consuming egg white, and there is no clear consensus. The avidin issue is not really a big deal since you can get a ton of biotin from organs also. I'm more concerned about the enzyme inhibitors in raw egg white. Egg white has trypsin inhibitors which keep you from digesting protein. I have enough problems with protein digestion and I don't want any more difficulty :D. I sort of alternate on the whites. If I eat it raw, I eat it after I have digested my main meals. Sometimes I slightly poach it and eat it with my main meal.

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2011, 03:35:46 am »
Who would wanna eat egg whites? Worst tasting food there is. And it's not like protein is hard to get on this diet.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2011, 03:53:21 am »
Who would wanna eat egg whites?

Me! Best tasting food for me.  ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Dima

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2011, 04:22:04 am »
I don't know if the egg whites are harmful, but they're the only food that gives me digestive distress. I get mild stomach cramps from eating even a few whole quail eggs. Not problem with the yolks.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2011, 04:27:22 am »
I don't know if the egg whites are harmful, but they're the only food that gives me digestive distress. I get mild stomach cramps from eating even a few whole quail eggs. Not problem with the yolks.
I have read that the avidin antinutrient in raw egg-whites is more or less neutralised if one eats fertilised eggs as the fertilised eggs have much lower levels of avidin in them. Never had the chance to try them out for comparison, though, as the fertilised version doesn't seem to be available in the UK. Perhaps GS or someone else can comment on whether fertilised raw eggs are more easily tolerated by those with a food-intolerance towards  eggs?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2011, 04:28:38 am »
Does a fertilized egg look any different on the outside from a regular one?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2011, 04:37:42 am »
Does a fertilized egg look any different on the outside from a regular one?
I wouldn't think so. I think(?) I read somewhere that a fertilised raw egg would be a bit reddish inside, but others will know better re this.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2011, 04:39:46 am »
I wouldn't think so. I think(?) I read somewhere that a fertilised raw egg would be a bit reddish inside, but others will know better re this.

I know that my farmer has roosters and hens, and I don't think they would know from the outside either. I asked because I've noticed some are a bit reddish as you mentioned and taste a bit different.

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2011, 04:41:45 am »
could be, i remember when i was a small kid in india, lived practically in a village. The eggs would have specks of red inside.

This was way before egg production was industrialized.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2011, 05:12:47 am »
(Since all raw I was first animals only(6 months), then with varying amounts of plants too(5months). When I was eating plants it weakened my digestive system and I couldn't digest fats and liver properly, I became reliant on the plants to push food through. I've been 1-2 weeks without plants and my digestive system is strong again, no problem eating lots of liver or fat.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2011, 10:42:21 am »
(Since all raw I was first animals only(6 months), then with varying amounts of plants too(5months). When I was eating plants it weakened my digestive system and I couldn't digest fats and liver properly, I became reliant on the plants to push food through. I've been 1-2 weeks without plants and my digestive system is strong again, no problem eating lots of liver or fat.

Its because plants need alkaline enviorement to be digested and animals acidic (im sure yall know it lol holla at me   :))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk