Author Topic: eggs  (Read 16409 times)

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
eggs
« on: March 27, 2011, 07:48:11 pm »
could you survive by eating ONLY raw eggs ?  no meat, no fish, nothing - just eggs.

?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: eggs
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 07:52:29 pm »
NO! After all, there is the antinutrient avidin etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 08:25:20 pm »
The egg yolk has more biotin than that avidin in the whites.

Lets face it tyler we dont know/not sure about the answer for this guys question.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:39:50 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 09:52:35 pm »
could you survive by eating ONLY raw eggs ?  no meat, no fish, nothing - just eggs.

?

The question is how long do you want to survive? I think some months with eggs only should be possible... Human beings can survive on nearly everything, but thriving is another story.

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 12:40:09 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 10:45:17 pm »
Exactly. You can survive about one month with water only. You can probably survive somewhat longer with only water and eggs!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 11:01:59 pm »
sure :)

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 03:36:43 am »
well i ask because my current diet looks like this

raw vegan + whole raw eggs + animal protein powder ( about 70% whey, 20% casein and 10% egg )

and i am thinking how much eggs should i be having.  right now i am using probably 6 eggs + 150-200 grams of protein powder a day.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 05:13:08 am »
Animal protein powder…  ???

For someone at a given moment one egg a day is too much while for somebody else 15 eggs in one day can be not enough. We are all different, we have different needs and moreover these needs vary wildly with time. In addition, some people need the yolks only while some other people need both whites and yolks.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 08:43:21 am »
In addition, some people need the yolks only while some other people need both whites and yolks.

i use whole eggs for economic reasons - i just don't see the point of throwing out good food.  some people throw out yolks, others throw out whites and they both have their reasons but ultimately they're both wasting food.  both the yolk and the white are in there for a reason - if the chicken didn't need one of them it wouldn't be there.  aside from that i also save time by not separating them.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 09:21:37 am »
haha yeah, protein powder? Why?  ???

That is in like a different dimension than raw foods. I'm not downing you, it's just so out of place. Cooked is one thing, but heavily processed, homogeneous powder seems kind of heinous. Of course I rock the ganje so who am I to talk? ha

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 09:46:42 am »
haha yeah, protein powder? Why?  ???

That is in like a different dimension than raw foods. I'm not downing you, it's just so out of place. Cooked is one thing, but heavily processed, homogeneous powder seems kind of heinous. Of course I rock the ganje so who am I to talk? ha

to be perfectly honest i don't know the physics / chemistry of the process used to make those protein powders.  i just know that cooked food makes me feel sluggish and tired, but protein powders do not.  of course different protein powders are different so i wouldn't want to generalize - but the ones i am using do not make me feel slow / tired.

i think it has to do with how easily the body can turn food into a water solution.  raw eggs and high quality protein powders go into solution form instantly, so they provide minimal load on your digestive system. 

CitrusHigh

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 11:04:41 am »
I'd agree that they would not be tough to break down like something with a lot off fiber, maybe something like raw yam, but on a cellular level your pancreas is going to have to expend the energy for the digestive enzymes, and of course any time you cook something, toxins are going to be generated so that's going to add a load to your immune system directly. Plus the chances are better than good that the protein is coming from a less than ideal source (cafo, farmed fish, etc) so that's some more bad juju there.

Just some thoughts, do what works for ya but maybe your body is saying it doesn't like that and you're not reading the signs.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 11:11:07 am »
what does "raw vegan" entail...does that mean you also eat vegetables, or you eat vegans?

if you want to eat the whole egg you can eat the shells as well....seriously grind them and soak them in lemon juice.....calcium citrate...not sure if that legit or not but ill believe it until a ridiculously long and in depth scientific analysis of why that is dumb is posted....

also they probably cook the protein powder in the processing.

if its an economic issue maybe you can find cheap cuts of grassfed and buy in bulk, finding deals through ranchers and their butchers are usually the best bet, honestly it seems any kind of meat no hormone no antibiotic meat would be better than what you are doing.....you might be missing out on a variety of different nutrients with your diet, and perhaps an excess of others...i wouldnt be suprised if you didnt become allergic to what you are eating after a while, that happens with weird shit like eggs.............

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 12:54:48 pm »
Maybe try adding a lean grass fed ground beef instead of the protein powder, along with lean wild fish.  Throw in some ground organ meats and you are all set (or grind them yourself).  Organ meats can sometimes be found cheaper than muscle meats, and they are more nutritious.

Hell, you could get some pastured free range chicken and grind it up.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:20:24 pm by magnetic »

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 07:31:30 am »
mercola has raw, grass-fed, high quality protein powder that tastes amazing, it's pretty expensive though

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 08:50:42 am »
mercola has raw, grass-fed, high quality protein powder that tastes amazing, it's pretty expensive though

what kind of protein, whey ?  

my main protein now:

http://www.amazon.com/Whey-Protein-Certified-Organic-Unflavored/dp/B004AC06FS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1302569504&sr=8-3

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 09:55:05 am »
Why not eat meat?

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 06:01:14 pm »
yea why not eat meat?

RPD is all about meat.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 07:00:08 pm »
If you want a protein powder for convenience or whatever reason you could go for egg protein.

You can also get egg white or egg yolk powder separately.

It's spray dried egg...from the shittest battery chickens no doubt, but may be the right tool for some.

Offline alycia

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 11:39:40 pm »
Has anyone had adverse reactions to raw eggs?

I have been consuming raw duck eggs (mainly just yolks) and lately i have been very VERY itchy mainly on my torso but also arms and legs.  Now i have red pinhole size dots on my torso ???

And i am breaking out, which i never do! 
So weird, all i can think of is the eggs?

I've also read that raw eggs can cause one to detox, is that true? 

thanks  :)

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 01:44:24 am »
I used to be allergic to egg white, but seem to have got over it. Maybe give them a miss for a while until you're more into paleo.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:02:11 am by Josh »

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 12:38:25 pm »
what kind of protein, whey ? 

my main protein now:

http://www.amazon.com/Whey-Protein-Certified-Organic-Unflavored/dp/B004AC06FS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1302569504&sr=8-3

http://proteinpowder.mercola.com/

both of the whey proteins are made from raw milk, which would be a big step up from organic pasteurized. The one I tried was the miracle whey.

I was interested before in adding his whey protein to my diet sometime in the future whenever I could afford it because I read "overall top food for maximizing your glutathione is high quality whey protein"
but apparently I didn't read enough because he also says you can get it from raw meat, raw eggs, and even raw vegetables and fruits - as well as exercise... so the only reason left to buy it would be for the taste/variety
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 12:52:50 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 11:13:07 pm »
http://proteinpowder.mercola.com/

both of the whey proteins are made from raw milk, which would be a big step up from organic pasteurized.

here is a quote from his page:

Pro-Optimal Whey™ uses Proserum® Whey Protein. Proserum® is a customized non-denatured, whey protein powder. It undergoes a unique pasteurization process to keep the full range of all the fragile immune balancing and restoring components of fresh raw milk.

so its just as processed and just as pasteurized as mine.  only mine is certified organic and this one isn't and this one costs much more.  grass fed is nice but there is so much BS on that page that frankly it made me lose interest.

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 11:18:42 pm »
Has anyone had adverse reactions to raw eggs?

I have been consuming raw duck eggs (mainly just yolks) and lately i have been very VERY itchy mainly on my torso but also arms and legs.  Now i have red pinhole size dots on my torso ???

And i am breaking out, which i never do! 
So weird, all i can think of is the eggs?

I've also read that raw eggs can cause one to detox, is that true? 

thanks  :)

if u think its eggs why not stop and see if it goes away ?

Offline MaximilianKohler

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 01:42:34 am »
hmm, weird. The miracle whey page doesn't say it's pasteurized though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk