Author Topic: Hello  (Read 9130 times)

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Hello
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:32:55 pm »
Hi, I am a 23 year old from kentucky.

I have been lurking here for over a year now. I am hoping to cure my ulcerative colitis through raw paleo.

Any tips on making raw eggs go down easier? I feel alot better when I eat them but they taste horrible.

See ya around.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:04:26 pm »
Well, I often just throw away most of the egg-white and eat the raw yolk. If you can't even handle that, try mixing raw yolk with raw minced meat(like steak tartare). I loved that from the start. Other RVAFers mix their raw eggs with things like raw, freshly-squeezed fruit-juices.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 09:21:09 pm »
Eggs are terrible IMO. Red meat is best, I used to eat a lot of eggs but my farts became pretty rank.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 09:58:47 pm »
Is it me you're looking for?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 11:38:04 pm »
 :) god that song is horrid.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 11:18:25 am »
Hi, I am a 23 year old from kentucky.

awesome!.. i'm from connecticut   ;D   'march madness' anyone??

was going to say what td said.. mix with meat.  eggs go thru me a lot faster than red meat though.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 07:46:52 pm »
Welcome fellow friend from the blue grass State, Kentucky raised black Angus is the backbone of my paleo Diet.

If you have ulcerative colitis you may want to ease into a fully raw paleo diet that is high in raw grass fed meat and fats; While completely eliminating certain trouble foods like Grains and starches. Eggs are a good complement to this diet, but by no means do eggs provide the total  healing nutrition of other raw paleo foods like red meat, fat trimmings, bone marrow, organ meats, sea foods, aged meats ect.

I also recommend raising your own chickens because even the store bought pasture eggs don"t seem to be as good as what I get from my back yard hens.

It may just take some time to get used to the taste, I will sometimes drink lemon water before a couple of egg yolks and I have noticed that sipping lemon before drinking an egg gives the egg a slightly sweat taste.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:54:03 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 08:13:06 pm »

I also recommend raising your own chickens because even the store bought pasture eggs don"t seem to be as good as what I get from my back yard hens.

Are the yolks of your eggs deep orange in colour?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 01:20:22 am »
Eggs are terrible IMO. Red meat is best, I used to eat a lot of eggs but my farts became pretty rank.

My ulcerative colitis greatly improves when I eat raw eggs, so I will stick with them for now.

Sabertooth: Hi neighbor, what area are you in? I am looking for a local farm to purchase from near the Elizabethtown area. I just tried bone marrow the other day, I love it, much better than suet.

Eggs taste alot better if I suck them straight out of the shell for some reason.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 07:02:55 am »
 Are the yolks of your eggs deep orange in colour?

Yes all my eggs usually have a much deeper orange colored yolk, while the store bought eggs are more yellow.

Sabertooth: Hi neighbor, what area are you in? I am looking for a local farm to purchase from near the Elizabethtown area. I just tried bone marrow the other day, I love it, much better than suet.

I live near Lexington and have to shop around a bit for good quality meats. I have a butcher that runs a restaurant as well as a market: he can usually get me the best quality meats that can be found. Although his suppliers prices have gone through the roof, and I may have to find a farm direct source soon.

BTW, I think I have an estranged uncle that lives down in Elizabethtown. Anyway I am not to sure about how to get farm fresh pasture beef from around there. Its only a couple hour drive from me so if you find a good place then let me Know about it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:41:13 am by sabertooth »

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 09:53:49 am »
awesome!.. i'm from connecticut   ;D   'march madness' anyone??

was going to say what td said.. mix with meat.  eggs go thru me a lot faster than red meat though.

Haha. I am a big wildcat fan, congrats on the win. It was luck though.  ;)

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 12:04:42 am »
Welcome to you on this forum... Hopefully you will get good results.....
Now you can use this forum to share your problems and experience...

Thanks Culbert, I look forward to your advertisements in the near future.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline alycia

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 01:40:33 am »
Any tips on making raw eggs go down easier?

First off i have to tell you I have used both - Raw chicken eggs and Raw duck eggs.  Chicken egg's taste terrible to me, sulfur like.  Duck eggs are amazing!!
And i do mean Raw - still amazing.    The yolk taste like you poached it when in fact it is fresh out of the shell. 

Duck eggs are better than chicken eggs nutritionally as well.
Regardless of what egg you get, for me it, it taste better mixed with some fruit.  I so enjoy it mashed into a banana.  I also have blended an orange and then stirred in the yolk.

have you bought AV's recipe book?  he seems to add eggs to most recipes. 

Welcome to the group  :)

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 06:54:31 am »
Haven't ordered any AV books yet, they are on my wish list. Thanks for the welcome.

Going to make an order from Slankers soon. Anyone have any recommendations? I'd like to order some meat that doesn't take me an hour to chew. Are there any muscle meats that are easier to chew? I ordered chuck roast last time and I found it too tough.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 08:11:50 am »
I liked their lamb tongue, its really tender

Spleens are good to try

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2011, 03:07:23 pm »
Haven't ordered any AV books yet, they are on my wish list. Thanks for the welcome.

Going to make an order from Slankers soon. Anyone have any recommendations? I'd like to order some meat that doesn't take me an hour to chew. Are there any muscle meats that are easier to chew? I ordered chuck roast last time and I found it too tough.
Most RVAFers  usually discover that they don't need to chew. Just cut up your raw meats into bite-sized chunks and bolt them down with minimal chewing.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 12:39:51 am »
I have noticed one big health benefit from this diet; my body is so toxic that I suffer from rapid heart rate, and my need for medicine has been greatly reduced, I have gone 3 weeks without needing to take a beta-blocker for it, which is big for me. I would have probably already given up on this diet were it not for this.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:50:08 pm by TylerDurden »

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 12:00:05 pm »
Hey Brad,

I am relatively new to raw paleo as well.  My advice is to get fresh grassfed meat if you can because the taste is so much better than meat that has been frozen.  That said I have used Slankers and I really like their marrow bones.  (although they are the only marrow bones I ever had)

I wasn't at my house when my order arrived so I called my roommate and had him put 70lbs of meat including heart, liver, tongue, kidney, back-fat, suet, and marrow bones into my freezer.  I think my roommates think I am a serial killer or something because of my organ meats and knives.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk