Author Topic: Need help loosing 20!  (Read 4212 times)

Offline rgztm

• Forager
    • View Profile
Need help loosing 20!
« on: August 13, 2009, 02:51:43 am »
I'm a 6'0" 260lb muay thai kickboxer and am trying to drop to 240 for a fight coming up in a couple months. I have just about 110 days to get lose those 20lb. I'm trying this diet, "The Hacker's Diet" (www.worldsbestdiets.com/?p=121) - I was wondering if this diet was good or not? If there was something I could do to lose weight quicker?

I'm currently working out 6 days a week about 6-8 hours a day. I have a big problem with drinking beer which I don't think has much to do with this though and I eat really whatever I want which I stopped currently doing. I started counting calories and have limited myself @ 1800 per day.

I know i'm far from what I should be doing to lose the 20 but I really need to get this done!

Please help!

** I have tried researching this online but really am not good with computers - If you can redirect me or maybe give me a better explination on what I should be doing, please do so. **

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Need help loosing 20!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 06:55:30 am »
I'm just a user here, but I think this forum is more intended for dedication to a long-term lifestyle choice. For short-term weight loss and fitness for sports, you might try one of the evolutionary-oriented sports fitness forums like http://www.crossfit.com/.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Hi_123

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 08:14:43 am »
Yeh, I've just never got back to exercising ever since I started working full time. I guess it’s due to not having enough time and not being organized. Last week I found my solution! And I feel so happy with myself. I discovered this new site. It's a reminder system that allows me to remind myself with the things I need to do. Having a little something there to remind you everyday especially exercising makes a big difference to my life!. I'm organised, I’m happier, and I feel healthy already! And It’s Free! Maybe you can give a try, for reference (reminderoo.com).

Offline Tarundeep

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 08:08:41 pm »
Oxy Powder's Ten Super Secrets for Weight Loss help you begin your weight loss program with some measurable results and to make sure that the first few weeks of weight loss are pounds lost in a healthy manner - a manner that would not be detrimental to your health.This e-book will provide you with everything you need to jump start your path to weight loss. Your motivation will soar as you begin to feel lighter and slimmer.You will follow these weight loss secrets and it will definitely helpful for you. This e-book is available at http://www.oxypowder.com

Offline chucky

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 02:59:03 am »
I was a gainer on zerocarb/lowcarb. I have found few others who have gained instead of lost weight with this type of eating. It could be iodine deficiency (low thyroid) but I also started to use Apple cider vinegar. Thing is that I hardly gain anymore after I started to use tiny amounts of iodine (from the salt but just ordered Lugol's iodine from http://www.jcrowsmarketplace.com/2ozlugolssolution212strengthvaluepriceincludesshipping.aspx ) and taking organic ACV 3x a day. Works wonders :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk