Author Topic: Raw Gourmet for me  (Read 7799 times)

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
Raw Gourmet for me
« on: June 19, 2010, 02:08:03 pm »
Here's what I like: Raw wild salmon,raw scallops,sliced avocados with organic lemon/lime juice. Yeah baby!

Also,to travel around: raw organic pistachios with organic raisins.Easy to keep in the car,suitcase...etc.

I still don't get what's appetizing about suet,testicles,high-meat... -v  come on man! I'm raw gourmet,not raw radical...haha

So,what's a "gourmet" animal fat source that any of you would recommend?(I know it's subjective...but what the hell...I'll ask anyway)thanks
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Raw Gourmet for me
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 03:33:56 pm »
    Raw bison back fat, sliced like sashimi. 

If you can get unseasoned caviar, tell me.

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 05:46:10 pm »
Well, I actually consider high-meat to be a bit gourmet - in some ways, raw seriously-aged(grassfed/organic) beef heart tastes much like a raw, aged high-quality cheese.

Scallops are also in my top 10 favourites. I also like raw swordfish, raw giant prawns, raw samphire, raw medlars, raw marrow. I particularly enjoy raw wild game such as raw wild hare carcasses or raw wild mallard ducks, raw wildcaught oysters/mussels etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 12:55:19 pm »
Wow that "bison back fat sashimi" sounds good! I'll try it if I can find it.

Also,I eat a lot of eggs.How do egg yolks stack up compared to other animal fats for energy/nutrition?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 06:49:24 pm »
Many RPDers find they do better if they either limit raw-egg-intake or cut it out completely. Some people have allergies to raw eggs, while others seem unable to handle the avidin in the egg-whites.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 08:40:47 pm »
Many RPDers find they do better if they either limit raw-egg-intake or cut it out completely.

Many but not all. I drink 12-16 raw eggs daily and they are digested perfectly. When I had fruit in my diet I considered raw eggs a weak food but right now on ZC they are extremely nourishing. It's either the fiber or fruit acids that somehow interfere with optimal digestion and absorption of nutrients. On ZC you become like a nutrient sponge extracting everything possible from raw animal foods. Just providing a different view based on experience.
A P E X   P R E D A T O R

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 12:50:35 am »
actionhero, do you eat the whole egg?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 12:54:34 am »
Many but not all. I drink 12-16 raw eggs daily and they are digested perfectly. When I had fruit in my diet I considered raw eggs a weak food but right now on ZC they are extremely nourishing. It's either the fiber or fruit acids that somehow interfere with optimal digestion and absorption of nutrients. On ZC you become like a nutrient sponge extracting everything possible from raw animal foods. Just providing a different view based on experience.
  Not my experience. I had to avoid raw eggs during my raw zero-carb phases. Raw eggs do provide a lot of instant energy, which is why AV recommends them, but, in the long-term, they can cause various side-effects, no doubt due to the avidin in them.
" Ron Paul.

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 01:25:59 am »
in the long-term, they can cause various side-effects

Aajonus in his dvds or one of his books mentions that he's had up to 24 raw eggs daily for close to 30 years without any problems. As of now I can't comment on any long-term side-effects but will surely know more in a couple months.

actionhero, do you eat the whole egg?

I do.

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 05:57:00 am »
My "gourmet concoction" is in smoothie form: Eggs,bananas & cacao powder in a blender.

Maybe not the best food combining but the taste and energy is unbelievable! Best "chocolate shake" I've ever had. I've been doing well on it for over 10 years.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 06:21:22 am »

OMG, actionhero, THAT is a lot of eggs!  :o
Intresting to see how you feel continuing this eggdiet.  ;) Do you eat much meat too, then? That must make up a lot of calories!
Maybe I will drink some tomorrow just to try.  ;)
I ususally have a few yolks only / week..

Inger

Offline Paleo Donk

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 07:00:29 am »
24 eggs daily for 30 years? Sounds like another ridiculous AV claim. Thats around 1600 calories which means he's getting most likely more than half of his calories from eggs. This doesn't sound reasonable.

On that note, I do plan on trying out a diet that generates a similar caloric percentage from egg yolks. I have been eating plenty of yolks plus a dab of honey (which makes a pretty big difference in taste) the last week without problems. Egg yolks are a great source of DHA which is absent from a fish-less, brainless diet.

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 09:10:09 am »
OMG, actionhero, THAT is a lot of eggs!  :o
Intresting to see how you feel continuing this eggdiet.  ;) Do you eat much meat too, then?

Ya, it's my breakfast. I have a 8 raw eggs drink and then 2 hours later another 4 or 8 raw eggs. It keeps me energetic and satiated until the end of the day when I have my raw meat meal.

24 eggs daily for 30 years? Sounds like another ridiculous AV claim. Thats around 1600 calories which means he's getting most likely more than half of his calories from eggs. This doesn't sound reasonable.

He said up to 24, not every day that amount. He also mentions observing thousands who have eaten up to 30 a day for 25 years without problems. I'm not trying to emulate this. I eat them because I find them extremely nourishing at the moment.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 05:24:47 pm »
Well,  some of the proponents of the avidin-in-raw-egg-white theory have suggested that avidin is only harmful if one exceeds 24 raw eggs a day.
" Ron Paul.

Offline NEUROSPORT

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 07:08:29 pm »
My "gourmet concoction" is in smoothie form: Eggs,bananas & cacao powder in a blender.

Maybe not the best food combining but the taste and energy is unbelievable! Best "chocolate shake" I've ever had. I've been doing well on it for over 10 years.

my chocolate shake looks like this:

about 16 oz water.
two scoops syntrax nectar chocolate whey protein.
3 - 4 tea spoons hemp seeds.
1 - 2 tea spoons chia seeds.
a handful of nuts.

most nuts seem to work well except almonds which don't blend very well, and i haven't tried brazilian nuts.

with seeds you have to be careful - some of them have pretty annoying taste when blended.  i stopped using flax seeds because of this.  also some seeds ( like chia ) have a lot of fiber so if you use too much the shake turns into some sort of a gel that is impossible to drink, so you need to be conservative with that.  that's why i love hemp seeds - they have neither of these two seed side effects - you can put as much of them in your shake as you want.

i stopped using bananas in my shakes in an effort to reduce sugar and carb intake.  besides it tastes better without them.

i should try adding an egg to the mix :)

Offline NEUROSPORT

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 07:16:21 pm »
  Not my experience. I had to avoid raw eggs during my raw zero-carb phases. Raw eggs do provide a lot of instant energy, which is why AV recommends them, but, in the long-term, they can cause various side-effects, no doubt due to the avidin in them.

if i had no problems with cooked eggs in my previous life time does that mean i will have no problems with raw ones ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk