Author Topic: Best place to find raw beef/lamb fat organs online?  (Read 3978 times)

Offline kevNPGr

• Forager
    • View Profile
Best place to find raw beef/lamb fat organs online?
« on: June 27, 2018, 03:22:28 pm »
Reading some of the threads here I came across White Oak Pastures which has a lot of beef organs, fat and bone marrow products you can order online for a reasonable price:

http://www.whiteoakpastures.com/beef/grass-fed-beef-bones-organs-fat.asp

There is one item that seems very convenient, which is their paleo ground beef. http://www.whiteoakpastures.com/beef/paleo-ground-beef.asp. It is "Ground Chuck and Brisket (40%), Beef Liver (20%), Beef Heart (20%), Beef Spleen (10%), Beef Kidney (10%)" so it seems a convenient way to get a variety of organ meats in one food. You can also order the organ meats separately and even Goat and lamb meats and organs. Way more variety than I could ever find locally I believe, especially grassfed and grass finished.

I know Whote Oak Pastures is highly regarded here, but I wanted to see where else you guys find your sources. Hopefully this isn't too off topic, I did notice shopping locally finding certain cuts of bones/organs was sort of hit or miss.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Best place to find raw beef/lamb fat organs online?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 05:20:03 pm »
I can get hold of raw wild game muscle-meat(moufflon, wild boar, wild mallard duck) with ease, here in Vienna, Austria. Raw organ-meats(dry marrow(the worst kind), raw etc. brain, heart, liver, kidney I can get from standard supermarkets. The organs are not 100% grassfed, but Austrian farming is much less focused on intensive farming.

Basically, if you have the resources, either go in for a hunting licence and get your whole wild game carcasses that way, or grow your own food(eg:- chickens) in your own backyard, for the best results.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline kevNPGr

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 02:43:12 pm »
I can get hold of raw wild game muscle-meat(moufflon, wild boar, wild mallard duck) with ease, here in Vienna, Austria. Raw organ-meats(dry marrow(the worst kind), raw etc. brain, heart, liver, kidney I can get from standard supermarkets. The organs are not 100% grassfed, but Austrian farming is much less focused on intensive farming.

Basically, if you have the resources, either go in for a hunting licence and get your whole wild game carcasses that way, or grow your own food(eg:- chickens) in your own backyard, for the best results.

Thanks, yeah hunting would be ideal, for now I have to buy whole. I did find the meat I ordered from white oak farms to be very delicious, surprisingly so. In the winter I can get a deer probably but that won't be a big percentage of my diet pound wise ha. Every little bit helps though.

Offline Grey-Cup

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 11:52:57 pm »
I quite like this source for lamb and goat offal online.

https://www.shepherdsongfarm.com

The farmer knows her stuff.

Offline Fenrir

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 10:19:16 am »
I order from white oak pastures very frequently, i really love the quality of there meat but i feel something has been wrong with some of the beef theyve been sending me as of late, sometimes i get a roast thats a very dark color and when i taste it its super bland/off puting. Normally up until recently darker cuts were delicous as it meant the meat was fattier, but thats not whats causing the color in this meat i dont know what it is but i hate to order large amounts and then have 90 dollars worth  of my order taste bad.

Overall i do highly recommend them, when i ordered theyre beef up until a few months ago 100% of it was delicous sweet savory perfect meat, but now i feel like i might attempt to find a local option at some point with more reliable quality.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk