Author Topic: Looking forward to start an omnivorous raw diet.  (Read 2985 times)

Offline healthyeater88

• Forager
    • View Profile
Looking forward to start an omnivorous raw diet.
« on: December 07, 2014, 09:43:02 am »
Hello everyone. I was reading online about possible healthy diets and I found this one to be a golden one.
So I thought why not try it?

However I'm a little new to the idea of eating raw food. Not to sound ignorant, but isn't there a lot of risks with doing so? I mean like E coli bacteria, salmonella, food poisoning, etc...

What do you suggest?
Thanks so much.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Looking forward to start an omnivorous raw diet.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 11:01:30 am »
Have a look at this section for more info:-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

The media hysteria over food-poisoning is ridiculous and overblown. However,  the scraemongering is so intense that, imo, no amount of facts will ever convince anyone. All I can do is suggest you switch over to eating raw, high-quality meats(ie no raw, grainfed meats but rather raw grassfed or wild meats). At first, like all of us here, you will be convinced that you will die at some stage from food-poisoning. After some months, you will note to your surprise that you are still alive and unharmed and will come to recognise that the food-poisoning media scares concerning raw meats are wholly bogus. Indeed, many of us have been eating raw, aged meats for years without any issues whatsoever.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline A_Tribe_Called_Paleo

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Looking forward to start an omnivorous raw diet.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 02:04:52 pm »
You get what you pay for. Buy only the highest quality local fruits/vegetables(in season), wild caught fish, 100% grass fed organic meats, and pasture raised eggs(no soy, no grains). You will have little to no chance of illness from these foods.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk