Author Topic: How do YOU eat your sardines and eggs?  (Read 10326 times)

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
How do YOU eat your sardines and eggs?
« on: May 22, 2014, 10:54:07 am »
So when I experimented with animal foods again, one of the first things I ate after raw salmon and other sashimi, I started eating BPA free tinned sardines. I fell in love. I loved sardines. I loved crunching the bones and eating the spine and Idk I just loved sardines. But I developed a serious aversion to metal and I can no longer eat tinned food.
Also after my brief experiments with cooked fish and vegetables, I have decided raw is the way I feel best.

SO anyway, HOW do you eat raw sardines? I realize you can't eat the bones raw because they would be too hard. So idk how do you eat them when you purchase them raw? I just have no idea lol.

Also how do you eat your raw eggs? Do you just eat the yolk or the white too? I am apparently allergic to chicken eggs, do you all recommend quail and duck eggs? Idk if I would be allergic to those too but I crave egg yolks so maybe I should try. I'm a bit scared because I don't want to be inflamed. =(

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: How do YOU eat your sardines and eggs?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 11:09:58 am »
When I visited my cousin Catbalogan ( a fishing town ) they had freshly caught sardines every time, I ate everything raw including the head.  Found out it was delicious raw fresh.  In Manila I cannot get fresh sardines... only in a can... seems fresh sardines spoils very fast.

See pic of raw sardines http://www.myhealthblog.org/2009/05/22/fresh-sea-food-at-the-fishing-town-of-catbalogan/

I usually eat duck eggs because my 2nd son is allergic to all chicken.  Usually I'm in the mood for just the yolks, sometimes I eat the whites too.

Quail I've tried raw, too small though.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 11:19:02 am »
Ohh how cool GoodSamaritan! so you ate the bones too? When I was in Spain we had fresh sardines cooked over a fire (when I was experimenting with cooked food) and I ate the heads as well. I think the key to eating the whole thing raw will be finding small ones. Summer time is sardine season, to my knowledge, so perhaps I will be able to get them in Florida this season. Not sure but I hope so!  Thanks for the info!

If I can find duck eggs I will try them then! I'm actually scared to death to eat in general right now, because I don't want to become as inflamed again and Idk what I can and can't eat. *sigh* I shall try them though!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 08:34:47 pm »
I have often eaten raw sardines whole, including the bones. The bones are easily edible. I just don#t like the fish-scales that slake off the body.

I would recommend raw quail eggs and raw goose eggs if you can get them. I all too often found that farmers at farmers'  markets would sell their raw duck eggs way past their sell-by date.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 11:18:01 pm »
Thanks Tyler! I do hope I can find raw sardines. I've only seen frozen so far and they are like 4 times the size of the tinned ones. I don't think the bones would be edible at that point. How big are the ones you're getting? I'll be on the lookout. Any tips where to find if I don't have a fresh fish market?

I'll be on the lookout for quail eggs! Goose I've def never seen. There ARE soy free pastured chicken eggs available now and I'm tempted, but I am afraid I'll still be allergic. I'm still fasting at this point anyway. Not sure when I'll break it.

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 03:43:51 am »
I haven't tried raw sardines yet, for that exact reason. I'm weird with texture - it will bother me if I even get one scale among the fish meat that I'm eating. It's hard to explain. Almost like a distraction from me enjoying the meat. *shrug*

For eggs, I always just eat the egg yolk. The white doesn't appeal to me, and since I've had some digestive issues with eggs my whole life I just stick to yolk. Tastes delicious, like ice cream.
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 02:33:02 pm »
The sardines I bought were all the same size, more or less, just average.

No idea what to do without a fish-market. I always depended on farmers# markets that had fish-stalls, or fi I had no choice, I would go to local fishmongers shops.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

moringa82

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2014, 10:40:46 pm »
I usually eat duck eggs because my 2nd son is allergic to all chicken.  Usually I'm in the mood for just the yolks, sometimes I eat the whites too.

this is interesting.. isnt cooked animal foods and leaky gut and parasites the culprit for allergic reactions?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 02:44:59 pm »
this is interesting.. isnt cooked animal foods and leaky gut and parasites the culprit for allergic reactions?

Actually parasites seem to reduce auto-immune reactions, as seen in the hygiene hypothesis theory. Cooking does also seem to increase allergencity a lot. Indeed, there are many rawists who have stated that they did fine on raw dairy but disastrously on pasteurised dairy.
" Ron Paul.

moringa82

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 07:59:17 pm »
  Actually parasites seem to reduce auto-immune reactions, as seen in the hygiene hypothesis theory. Cooking does also seem to increase allergencity a lot. Indeed, there are many rawists who have stated that they did fine on raw dairy but disastrously on pasteurised dairy.

but if his 2nd son is allergic to raw chicken eggs(or any 'allergy' for that matter), that would indicate that the child got parasites/leaky gut...in my opinion, all ''allergy'' is cause by parasites/leaky gut... and these issues(parasites/leaky gut) are caused by cooked /pasteurised foods, junk processed foods, flesh/eggs/milk/dairy from animals with unnatural diet, heavy metals/chemicals sprayed on foods

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 02:12:53 pm »
but if his 2nd son is allergic to raw chicken eggs(or any 'allergy' for that matter), that would indicate that the child got parasites/leaky gut...in my opinion, all ''allergy'' is cause by parasites/leaky gut... and these issues(parasites/leaky gut) are caused by cooked /pasteurised foods, junk processed foods, flesh/eggs/milk/dairy from animals with unnatural diet, heavy metals/chemicals sprayed on foods
All nonsense as people get allergies even when on 100% raw, healthy diets. And, like I said, parasites appear to reduce allergenicity, not increase it.
" Ron Paul.

moringa82

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 02:47:14 pm »
All nonsense as people get allergies even when on 100% raw, healthy diets. And, like I said, parasites appear to reduce allergenicity, not increase it.

if you have such a love relationship with parasites, why did you go to doctor to ask for anti-tapeworm medicine/poison to get rid of them? i mean you dont want reduced allergenicity?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2014, 03:12:35 pm »
if you have such a love relationship with parasites, why did you go to doctor to ask for anti-tapeworm medicine/poison to get rid of them? i mean you dont want reduced allergenicity?
  The reason I got rid of that parasite was because it was simply  unaesthetic  to have tapeworm segments coming out of my arse every so often. I would not have minded if they only had come out  out in my stools, but that did not happen. As for  "allergenicity",  I don't generally eat any foods I am allergic to any more, anyway.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2014, 08:00:32 pm »
When our momma duck makes me eggs I eat (drink..) them raw as they are. Very yummy!

You could make a smoothie out of the sardines, at least the heads. I do that all the time with smaller fish heads. Great stuff!

Parasites really can help allergies! I know someone that has infected himself with hookworms... and got many health benefits  :)
He is on Jack Kruse's Forum and his name is Josh, he has a journal where he tells about it. Smart guy.

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2014, 11:36:45 am »
Ohh Inger that's so interesting! I would totally try a sardine head smoothie! I need more local daring raw friends lol. I need to find better resources for raw animal foods here!

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 08:40:22 am »
I found a good deal on some large sardines at a local fish market, binged on them for a while, when I didn't have any other meat source. The scales were a bit of a chore to get off, but i ate the whole thing bones in all.

Sometimes I would get a bitterness taste from something in the guts if I didn't remove it.

Does anyone else eat the guts?
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 12:24:16 pm »
I found a good deal on some large sardines at a local fish market, binged on them for a while, when I didn't have any other meat source. The scales were a bit of a chore to get off, but i ate the whole thing bones in all.

Sometimes I would get a bitterness taste from something in the guts if I didn't remove it.

Does anyone else eat the guts?

I have yet to find raw sardines to try here, but when my friend and I were in Spain by the sea we did try them fresh fire cooked and we ate the entire things, even the heads! Pretty sure they weren't gutted and I do recall a bitter taste from something In the heads and maybe an organ! Not sure what it was though it wasn't so bitter as to be unpleasant.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 09:47:10 am »
Just had some raw sardines that I let dry in the sun for dinner. They are big wild ones from Mexico that have been frozen and are kind of gross but if you clean them, rinse and dry them they are delicious,

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2014, 06:03:40 am »
Just had some raw sardines that I let dry in the sun for dinner. They are big wild ones from Mexico that have been frozen and are kind of gross but if you clean them, rinse and dry them they are delicious,

Ohh thanks Jessica, that's good to hear about the frozen sardines! I saw those when I lived in Connecticut but haven't seen them here in FL. do you remove the organs and whatnot? How do you clean them? Do you eat the heads? By drying them do you mean I leave them in the sun as you did? Or are they ok once rinsed and dried off? Do you just eat them straight or add them to something? sorry for all my questions lol!!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 08:17:57 am »
They are thawed and the guys are very bitter and rotten seeming so when I get them home I rinse the outside and just run the tip of the knife from the butthole to the fills along he center of the belly, then scrape with my finger from gills down inside the incision and along the spine, pulling out the guts.  Generally i try to pull out most of the hardest rib bones with my fingers and then rinse the insides a little, pat dry and lay out in the sun.  It was hot out and I made sure to turn them, I dont mind sharing with the flies. I had a woman tell me that fly poop is high in bit b12

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2014, 04:34:45 pm »
Since this thread was getting a lot of traffic, I took everyone's advice. I had frozen sardines (raw) in my freezer for sometime but hadn't eaten them because I was scared they would be bony and I would like them. Since everyone seems to enjoy them, I figured what the heck. I'll make myself eat them.

So I thawed them. I cut the belly open and pulled everything out. As much as I wanted to eat the guts, I didn't want to possibly have an unpleasant experience and have it ruin sardines for me. I rinsed out the inside after gutting it. Cut the head off and opened the body flat. I ripped out the spine and ate the meat off of it. It was sooo good! It's surprisingly flavorful! I ate everything except for some of the skin. It's true the scales suck. I actually thought these were scaled already but ... the scales are sooo smooth that it just seems like they're not there. Until you start eating, they get EVERYWHERE. I ran it under water and rubbed a lot of them off to make it better. I usually have more issues with bones vs scales but actually I was fine eating the bones. n_n The meat was soo delicious though, definitely worth the extra effort gutting and all that.

moringa82

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 05:28:07 pm »
how about just put the WHOLE sardines in blender with some spices, blend and drink/eat...  this way you will get the eyes, brains, guts, bones, organs...everything..in a visually pleasant way(blended into a paste)

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2014, 11:25:47 pm »
how about just put the WHOLE sardines in blender with some spices, blend and drink/eat...  this way you will get the eyes, brains, guts, bones, organs...everything..in a visually pleasant way(blended into a paste)

I've always disliked the idea of "drinking your food." Just feels ... unnatural?  I also remember reading a random blog about how you can easily "eat" too much when you're drinking it. *shrugs* So I reserve drinking food to the very rare smoothie I might have over summer. I also feel like drinking fish would be strange personally hahaha.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk