Author Topic: Trying to find out if my calculations are correct.  (Read 5306 times)

Offline Chester

• Forager
    • View Profile
Trying to find out if my calculations are correct.
« on: September 09, 2009, 02:49:58 pm »
 I'm trying to find out how much suet and meat I need to eat for a 70% fat to 30% protein mix. I currently weigh 140 pounds and am looking to get 2200 calories a day. If the information I picked up is correct then there are 854 calories to 3.5 ounces of suet and 200 calories in 3 ounces of meat. So If I ate 6.5 ounces of suet that would be 1550 calories from fat and if I would need to eat about 10 ounces of meat to get the remaining 660 calories. I think those calculations are correct but when I saw that I would only be getting 63 grams of protein a day from the 70/30 mix that seemed like to little especially considering I think I read in Lex's journal that about half of that protein would be turned into sugar. So I'm not sure if these would be the correct amounts to eat of fat/protein. If anyone can look the numbers over for me I would be very thankful for the help.

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find out if my calculations are correct.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 02:59:15 pm »
Try using this dieting software.

http://spaz.ca/cronometer/
It’s time to Eat Like An Animal!

Offline Chester

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 04:21:06 pm »
Try using this dieting software.

http://spaz.ca/cronometer/
Lol yeah that software helped or it made things more complicated I'm not sure l). Typing into that software what I was planning out eating and how much of it I think I know what I was doing wrong. With my first calculations I did I didn't take into account the fat and water that was in the meat. Apparently 165 grams of protein will make up 30% of my daily required calorie intake. That sounds like a lot more protein than what is recommended for my weight,but I guess that's the correct amount. Also it sounds a little off that I'm now going to be eating 555 grams of meat and only 136 grams of suet but thats what that dieting calculator says. Lol I'm both more confident and not more confident that that's the correct amounts to eat, if that's at all possible. But I believe these measurements are correct but will continue to go over them and hopefully either find that they are correct or look into it further. Feel free to still offer any suggestions to if this looks right or wrong. Thank ya thank ya very much.

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 06:21:38 am »
I found just eating what i felt like (on a carnivorous diet) was much healthier and easier to do compared to trying to measure out ratios of food. You are not a robot and your body will want different things every day. There is no such thing as doing the diet 'right', where when you hit the magic numbers you will turn into a superman. Get in touch with your intuition and instinct instead of the scales.
That's not paleo.

Offline Chester

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 06:20:54 am »
I found just eating what i felt like (on a carnivorous diet) was much healthier and easier to do compared to trying to measure out ratios of food. You are not a robot and your body will want different things every day. There is no such thing as doing the diet 'right', where when you hit the magic numbers you will turn into a superman. Get in touch with your intuition and instinct instead of the scales.
Yes i agree that I shouldnt get to technical about the whole thing. But I would like to eat a ratio of fat/protein that most people seem to think is the "correct" amount, at least at first. The first time I tried this I was eating way to much fat. So I would like to get a general figure of how much to eat at first and then just basically eyeball it after that. And if I start to feel like my body wants a different ratio then I will be more than happy to accommodate  it.

Offline MrBBQ

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 07:05:21 pm »
I'm also doing the ratios game with chuck steak and suet, yet I can't find a happy balance, even when I'm acting on intuition (I combine the scales with the "yes, that's how much I feel like").

At the moment, I seem to be okay with 100-150g of fatty chuck steak and 30g of suet, along with some carbs and bits of fermented foods/beverages (whatever I feel like).

The thing is, I can only afford fuel to my meat suppliers for one trip per week, plus I don't like to freeze my meat, so I feel obliged to introduce some mathematics, whereby I'm not eating off-tasting meat or throwing it away.

Usually, if I eat too much meat/fat (I haven't figured out what the cause is yet, if not both in imbalance), my heart rate goes up and I feel like I have to breathe compulsively fast, which is, haha, disheartening!

I ate 200g meat and 50g suet yesterday and woke up this morning with a rapid heart rate and slight chest pain. I will drop back to 100g meat and 30g suet and progress from there again. I think I'm going to halve my meat/fat order and save myself some money/heartache...
When hungry eat, when tired sleep - this is the essence of Zen...

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 02:43:31 am »
The only time my heart feels like shit is if i eat sugar.
That's not paleo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk