Author Topic: Greetings from an ABCD  (Read 7656 times)

Offline golooraam

• Forager
    • View Profile
Greetings from an ABCD
« on: October 14, 2008, 03:28:12 am »
Hello All

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I usually eat zero carb (not very consistently though) and enjoy weight lifting, I have been looking for a this forum for a long time and was just sent a link from Paul, the raw food bodybuilder guy.

The ABCD part refers to the fact that I am of Indian heritage, but born and raised in North America, and am pretty much the only Indian person who I know who eats raw meat, so I am always looking for folks I can talk to.

thanks ahead of time for your help and advice as I struggle to lose the last 40 lbs, lost the first 40 seven years ago

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from an ABCD
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 06:10:09 am »
Welcome!
How did you get into eating raw meat? How long have you been doing it?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 06:34:22 am »
Welcome to the forum!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline golooraam

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 01:25:59 am »
Welcome!
How did you get into eating raw meat? How long have you been doing it?

off and on for a few years - I am trying to really stick to it at the very least through the weekdays.... i find i lose fat the fastest this way...

Offline golooraam

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 11:22:03 am »
Hello All

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I usually eat zero carb (not very consistently though) and enjoy weight lifting, I have been looking for a this forum for a long time and was just sent a link from Paul, the raw food bodybuilder guy.

The ABCD part refers to the fact that I am of Indian heritage, but born and raised in North America, and am pretty much the only Indian person who I know who eats raw meat, so I am always looking for folks I can talk to.

thanks ahead of time for your help and advice as I struggle to lose the last 40 lbs, lost the first 40 seven years ago

boy, do I feel stupid!  I didn't bother to see Sarav's posting below mine, I guess the one other Indian person who is on a similar WOE as me  :)

Offline golooraam

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 03:00:23 pm »
off and on for a few years - I am trying to really stick to it at the very least through the weekdays.... i find i lose fat the fastest this way...

holy moly, it has been way to long since I have posted...

well, a personal dip (breakup with fiancee) has be back on this WOE with a vengeance

I will keep everyone posted

basically I eat once a day, a pound or so of ground beef (locally raised and organic) and a scoop of Naked Whey (a 'raw' milk whey protein - expensive!)

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 10:14:50 am »
How's it going?

Offline golooraam

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 04:42:57 am »
How's it going?

it is going fine :-)
I guess that's my not so slick way of rediscovering this site (forgot it existed) and reinvigorate myself back into (mostly) raw eating...

ok... so I'm about to tuck into 6 ounces of raw ground lamb, a raw duck egg yolk, and a tablespoon of Udo's Choice
I'm taking 6 days off from the gym... just want to 'heal up' and shed some inflammation

has anyone by chance found anything suspect with sauces?  I have this organic sriracha that makes my raw meat meals (the few I have had since late December) to be great rather than bleh...

how bout this - I'll keep track of what I do and I'll keep up with my journal...

thanks for being around still - I need this

Offline golooraam

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 11:01:48 am »
it's easier for me to get going by keeping a food log
boring I know, but it helps me

dinner today - pretty tasty

8 oz raw ground lamb mixed with 1 tbs raw tahini and a tablespoon of Lydia's Raw organic seasoning
threw in a raw duck egg yolk and a tablespoon of Udo's Choice to round it out and to up the fat

for the work week I'll do a fat filled coffee then a raw dinner
if I get peckish, I'll run to the store and throw down some raw lamb for lunch

Offline golooraam

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 06:28:50 am »

for the work week I'll do a fat filled coffee then a raw dinner
if I get peckish, I'll run to the store and throw down some raw lamb for lunch

ok, so left home and got a 'craving', so I went to the store before work and bought a half pound of lamb mince, I mixed it with sea salt and let it get to room temp in my bag, went out to my car, blasted some tunes, drove around and threw it down with some Lydia's Organic Raw Seasoning
pretty awesome

Offline golooraam

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 12:27:29 am »
ok, so left home and got a 'craving', so I went to the store before work and bought a half pound of lamb mince, I mixed it with sea salt and let it get to room temp in my bag, went out to my car, blasted some tunes, drove around and threw it down with some Lydia's Organic Raw Seasoning
pretty awesome

I think I perhaps used too much of that seasoning stuff, no weight loss from yesterday, yes I know not be obsessive - but I'm dropping extra 'stuff' today...

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 12:59:18 am »
...but I'm dropping extra 'stuff' today...

What exactly do you mean by this? Diarrhea?

Offline golooraam

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 12:55:44 am »
What exactly do you mean by this? Diarrhea?

no, just dropping the seasoning - since my goal is fat loss and leaning out, just playing around

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk