Author Topic: Oldest woman on Earth eats 2 raw eggs a day  (Read 4913 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Oldest woman on Earth eats 2 raw eggs a day
« on: November 30, 2016, 02:34:45 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3982170/The-survivor-19th-Century-celebrates-117th-birthday-Italy-says-secret-long-life-downing-raw-eggs-day-just-like-Rocky-Balboa.html

I admit this woman came up before here, but it would be  a good sign if the oldest people on Earth have some sort of RVAFish diet. I forgot that Rocky ate raw eggs. I wonder if the real Rocky Marciano ate raw eggs as well?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Oldest woman on Earth eats 2 raw eggs a day
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 02:41:18 am »
Wow!! It seeems that, indeed, Rocky Marciano, THE GREATEST BOXER OF ALL TIME!, ate some raw eggs a day:- Here's a quotation:-

"Ludwig’s an old ex prizefighter who was told at an early age to eat raw meat and drink raw eggs.  I kid you not!  His boyhood heroes were heavyweight champions Rocky Marciano (he drank milk with six raw eggs for breakfast) and Jack Dempsey (he ate “steak tartar”: seasoned raw meat for lunch).  Maybe the reason he never became heavyweight champion was because he liked to cook his food.  But I digress! " taken from:-

http://www.londonpress.us/introduction/thegreatstateoftexas.html
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:48:46 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 07:37:26 am »
I heard AV recommended as many as 60 eggs a day for boxers.

Regardless, raw eggs were a staple in most of the world up until the 60's or so. As was raw milk.

While we're on the issue of boxing, AV also said that it's not that too many hits in the head do physical damage in and of themselves and that causes brain problems, but that the brain, being mostly composed of fat, and particularly in people who have otherwise low fat reserves (such as boxers trying to lose weight to make the cut in their division), becomes one of the main storage rooms for toxins, and when the boxers are repeatedly hit in the head, those toxins are shaken up and become loose, and it's the toxins that cause the damage, not the hits in and of themselves. This would mean that heavy metal fans who often shake their head while listening to or playing music, could also be at similar risks.

His advice for high egg consumption, iirc, was in part to help protect the brain and body from those loose toxins.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:45:09 am by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 07:28:41 pm »
I heard AV recommended as many as 60 eggs a day for boxers.
Ah, ha, ha!

Regardless, raw eggs were a staple in most of the world up until the 60's or so. As was raw milk.
i don't remember that. My parents and everyone I knew were dutifully boiling the milk and cooking the eggs.

While we're on the issue of boxing, AV also said that it's not that too many hits in the head do physical damage in and of themselves and that causes brain problems, but that the brain, being mostly composed of fat, and particularly in people who have otherwise low fat reserves (such as boxers trying to lose weight to make the cut in their division), becomes one of the main storage rooms for toxins, and when the boxers are repeatedly hit in the head, those toxins are shaken up and become loose, and it's the toxins that cause the damage, not the hits in and of themselves. This would mean that heavy metal fans who often shake their head while listening to or playing music, could also be at similar risks.

His advice for high egg consumption, iirc, was in part to help protect the brain and body from those loose toxins.
Yeah, AV had access to the ultimate truth, knowing everything from a higher source!  ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 08:29:10 pm »
i don't remember that. My parents and everyone I knew were dutifully boiling the milk and cooking the eggs.

They also ate them cooked, but raw was also very normal. Did your parents never eat eggs or drink milk raw? Even to this day, popular desserts such as chocolate mousse, italian zabaione or traditional eggnog are made with raw eggs, as is homemade mayonnaise for the few who make it themselves. Meringue is also made with raw eggs, although oftentimes it's cooked afterwards, but not always. And in France and some other parts of Europe, mostly all quality cheese is made with raw milk.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:17:18 pm by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 12:11:38 am »
Mass pasteurisation started early in the 20th century, so raw milk was rarely consumed since that time. Only professional bodybuilders/boxers/athletes  in the 1930s to 1960s went in for eating raw animal foods in a big way.

Plus, Iguana is French Swiss and has actually  lived in France for many years. I ought to point out that the big French cheese manufacturers recently  tried  to water down the cheese-quality standards in France so that they could  dishonestly sell pasteurised cheese and claim it was of high quality. Also, because of dire  EU regulations and stupid modern French habits,  French producers of  raw cheese  are delcining in numbers. Nowadays, McDonald's is doing extremely well in France. This rot started a long time ago. I remember as a child being forced to eat disgusting cooked white veal in the motorway restaurants in France. So much for French cuisine.Basically, the only place I could regularly get hold of raw milk in France was in a remote hamlet  in Correze, and that was only because all the other neighbours were traditional farmers.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 01:15:07 am »
The (perhaps) bigger story about the woman is the following, from the same article you cited:

'She is a very determined person. She has never wanted to go to hospital, she's never received any particular [health] care. She's suffered from a bit of bronchitis, had a [blood] transfusion, and some stitches, but always at home,' he said."

So this idea that thanks to modern medicine, people live longer lives, may not be true at all, with the worlds' oldest living person avoiding it almost entirely.

Regarding what you said about pasteurization, in the USA it didn't become mandatory to pasteurize milk until the 1970's, and the same is true for most of the world. If States around the world found it necessary to ban raw milk, it's because people were widely and willfully buying, selling and consuming milk raw. Nobody has to make selling raw meat illegal, since almost nobody eats it raw. But wait until this lifestyle becomes more popular, and you may see governments rush to ban it's sale "to protect people from their own bad choices".

Argentina isn't particularly known for raw foods to any extent, and yet even in large cities like Buenos Aires, it was common until the 1960's or 70's to consume raw milk and eggs in everyday life. That doesn't mean that all milk and eggs were consumed raw, not even close, but that raw eggs and milk were consumed normally or sporadically by most people.

Re: France, the very fact that these large cheesemaking companies are doing this covertly proves that the french consumers very much want to consume raw cheese. I realize most French food is not raw. Steak tartare has become a rare thing, even if in the last few years it may have resurged as a curiosity. But what I meant is that raw animal foods were and are eaten in France, in much of europe and to a certain extent in most of the world, to varying degrees, but they're far less rare than most people realize. Even something as commonplace as prosciutto, beef jerky or salami, while most people don't realize it, is simply salted and condimented and somewhat dried and aged (and often a little rotten) raw meat.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 01:24:27 am by dariorpl »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 02:21:42 am »
Salami is very highly processed and heat-smoked. I should know as  I have looked at the ingredients lists thereof numerous times to see if there might be some unprocessed varieties but no luck.  I find I get diarrhea of a sort soon after eating any salami.

Prosciutto crudo sometimes has nitrites in it, not good.

Re France:- The whole point was that those big French cheese companies were trying to get their low-quality pasteurised  cheeses upgraded by going openly  to court. So, not covert at all. And the popularity of McDonald's etc. in France is well-known:-

http://www.euromonitor.com/fast-food-in-france/report

" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2016, 06:45:22 pm »
My lady healer friend gives raw quail eggs to her 9 children to enhance their daily libido. They are early prolific breeders who usually have their first baby come at 16 yrs old.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2016, 06:58:08 pm »
 Oh, it seems that some salamis can be raw, after some checking, in southern Europe, for example. Even so, I used to check the ingredients labels of salamis I bought in Italy and  they were all riddled with preservatives of various kinds.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2016, 08:43:13 pm »
Plenty of salamis are raw, some don't even have nitrates or other chemicals or smoking. But my point was that even in the lowest quality salami, where they used nitrites and other chemicals, where they use cooked wine and flour and cooked spices, and where they further smoke the whole thing and use a toxic skin made of plastic that people then eat, the meat in and of itself is still raw.

In order to find good quality salami, I suggest you try and visit small producers who probably won't have an ingredient label for you, but may show you or explain the process in it's entirety.

All of that said. I don't eat any kind of salami, since I don't eat any salt, and all salamis everywhere are produced using plenty of salt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk