Author Topic: Drinking sea water  (Read 8813 times)

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Drinking sea water
« on: December 08, 2015, 11:16:08 pm »
Hi! Have any of you experienced drinking sea water?

In spanish there is a lot of info about it.
There is a character named "angel garcia blanco" an 80 yo man that is promoting it as a panacea.

I had been trying it for the last 2-3 weeks. It feels good. Feels like food instead of water.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Drinking sea water
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 11:50:06 pm »
It has too much sodium, but that can be balanced with potassium-rich foods, to an extent. If you need trace minerals, you're better off eating shellfish and seaweeds.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 12:35:22 am »
http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/general-discussion/drinking-a-bit-of-sea-water/msg65891/#msg65891

We have already discussed this matter here.

It would be good to check whether a topic already exists on a subject before starting a new specific thread. Otherwise the same topics come over and over again in circles and it's boring.

Cheers
François

Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 02:58:51 am »
I used search. Didnt found any. Thanks iguana!!

Edit: the link you gave me have no discussions on it. I dont think this is being repetitive.

Edit2: tried again and this time i was able to access the tread, thanks again!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 03:10:13 am by ciervo-chaman »

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 03:04:29 am »
It has too much sodium, but that can be balanced with potassium-rich foods, to an extent. If you need trace minerals, you're better off eating shellfish and seaweeds.

Have you any experience doing it? I didnt come here to get "doctors advice" , just to share experience doing it.
I already have myself informed about it. And have been trying it for 2-3 weeks.

Sea water is also suposed to have many other nutrients. I'm not scientist. I cant verify it. Dont have a lab. The most i can do is trying it.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 04:09:57 am »
Have you any experience doing it? I didnt come here to get "doctors advice" , just to share experience doing it.
I already have myself informed about it. And have been trying it for 2-3 weeks.

Sea water is also suposed to have many other nutrients. I'm not scientist. I cant verify it. Dont have a lab. The most i can do is trying it.

If you overdo it, you will imbalance your sodium/potassium ratio. You may have already been unbalanced in the direction of too much potassium, though. And yes, I do have plenty of experience drinking seawater, or more specifically, precipitating the minerals out with lye and drinking that.

It is relatively mineral-rich, but filter-feeders like clams and oysters filter dozens of gallons a day, so they are essentially nature's perfect mineral supplement.

Here's a shortcut to knowing whether I have experience on a specific nutritional subject--if I comment on it, and don't specifically say that I don't know much about it, then I know a LOT about it. And I know a LOOOT about minerals in seawater. LOL

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 06:09:09 am »
I would strongly advise avoiding drinking seawater in large amounts as it seems to do harm, according to many reports. I used to often consume seawater in small amounts along with the raw mussels and raw oysters I used to eat all the time in the UK. I did not particularly like the bitter taste so I would often, but not always, put the oyster-flesh/mussel-flesh into a glass pint, and then after it was almost full, up-end the jar with my hand on the bottom in order to strain out a lot of the seawater. I seem to have a nasty reaction to salt, unlike many other RPDers, and I suspect that most RPDers have a higher ability to tolerate saltwater than cooked-foodists,  simply because the rest of the RPDers'   diet is already high in nutrients and water-content.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 06:21:12 am »
If you overdo it, you will imbalance your sodium/potassium ratio. You may have already been unbalanced in the direction of too much potassium, though. And yes, I do have plenty of experience drinking seawater, or more specifically, precipitating the minerals out with lye and drinking that.

It is relatively mineral-rich, but filter-feeders like clams and oysters filter dozens of gallons a day, so they are essentially nature's perfect mineral supplement.

Here's a shortcut to knowing whether I have experience on a specific nutritional subject--if I comment on it, and don't specifically say that I don't know much about it, then I know a LOT about it. And I know a LOOOT about minerals in seawater. LOL

How much was too much for you, as to cause an imbalance? Did you drank it daily?

What is the most common symptom of imbalance? So i can have an eye on it

Following this man advise he says maximum 500 ml daily, drinking it diluted with water.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 07:57:02 am »
I wonder if just by soaking in ocean water or swimming in the ocean regularly, if one cannot absorb a beneficial quantity of ocean minerals without worry about overdoing it.

Not sure if its the combination of the ocean air , sunshine, and the water, but I feel real good after spending time in the ocean.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 07:58:45 am »
500 mL is probably tolerable long-term, as long as you are getting enough potassium. In point of fact, you could probably drink 5 times that amount long-term, as long as you supplement with potassium. However, there's no real point. You can just eat oysters, clams, and mussels, and get the minerals without the excess sodium.

Symptoms of excess would include extreme thirst, diarrhea, and general lethargy. You can google it too for a complete list.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 08:02:34 am »
The precipitate I made has almost no sodium, because I washed it out before drinking, but I have friends who have experienced drinking lots of seawater regularly. The sodium can cause low-grade liver problems at sufficiently high doses. It's really good for killing candida, though.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 08:15:01 am »
Well, i live far from sea, and cant get raw oysters and others, cant swim on sea..

I buy sea water it costs me the shipping only.

So eating bananas can have good sinergy with sea water?

Tnx for your responses. Im actually feeling pretty good about drinking dilluted sea water. I will not overdo to be safe.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 08:43:13 am »
Well, i live far from sea, and cant get raw oysters and others, cant swim on sea..

I buy sea water it costs me the shipping only.

So eating bananas can have good sinergy with sea water?

Tnx for your responses. Im actually feeling pretty good about drinking dilluted sea water. I will not overdo to be safe.

Yes, bananas are a good balancer for that. If I were you, I would try to drink most of it in the morning, before you eat anything.

You might want to try Terramin clay as well, it's VERY rich in minerals. I like the Terrasilk, it's an extra-fine grind. It's also good for stopping stomach upset and other such issues.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2015, 05:48:47 pm »
I will keep on doing sea water.
I live in argentina, is really difficult to import products here due to policy about importing. Tnx

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2015, 10:31:26 pm »
I still insist that raw blood from quality animals is far superior than sea water or ocean mineral supplements in many ways, so if you live far from the ocean, then you may want to try to find a way to do what the Masai do.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2015, 11:31:03 pm »
I second that, except to state that raw blood from wild animals is way more invigorating than blood from 100% grassfed animals. The former just eat such a wide variety of foodstuffs that their blood is superior.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 12:15:40 am »
I still insist that raw blood from quality animals is far superior than sea water or ocean mineral supplements in many ways, so if you live far from the ocean, then you may want to try to find a way to do what the Masai do.

A great deal depends on the soil quality of the area where the animal lives. If a trace mineral is deficient in the soil, then it's deficient in their blood, too. Seawater doesn't have this problem. I do agree that the forms of the minerals in raw blood is probably more absorbable, though. In seawater, the minerals are mostly in inorganic chloride form.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 01:00:28 am »

I would be the happiest person if i can get fresh blood! I'm actually trying to find healthy animals to buy whole and be able to get their blood too.

I dont know how the masai do to get blood from cows without killing them.
It would be really nice to learn to do that.

A great deal depends on the soil quality of the area where the animal lives. If a trace mineral is deficient in the soil, then it's deficient in their blood, too. Seawater doesn't have this problem. I do agree that the forms of the minerals in raw blood is probably more absorbable, though. In seawater, the minerals are mostly in inorganic chloride form.

When i "studied" this proponent of sea water drinkinkg, he put a lot of enfasis on the fact that seawater minerals are organic and bioavailable. I dont know how every one reach every diferent conclusion. I will re read his books to look for the facts why he says that

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2015, 01:47:50 am »
Drinking sea waters sounds the same as just liking on a salt rock, like some animals do. Just in diluted form.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2015, 09:05:35 am »
Drinking sea waters sounds the same as just liking on a salt rock, like some animals do. Just in diluted form.

How can it be the same? The sea is full of diferent kind of lifeforms. How many dolphins live on rock salts?

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 01:37:36 am »
I thought your drank sea water for the mineral content? Then you can find almost the same on rock salts. They're basically dry buildup of sea water minerals.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:07:12 am by JeuneKoq »

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2015, 06:39:22 am »
Im doing it cause i was reading and listening to "angel garcia blanco" . he bases is books on rene quinton theory that our body water is actually isotonic sea water. That is 35 grms of sea mineral salts per liter of water.

Their theory is very interesting, is one of that things that after you read them you say " thats kinda obvious" .

They say all vertebrate animals inner fluids are isotonic sea water.

Eating raw vertebrate animals is like eating sea water (70%). It has the perfect ratio of minerals does not matter too much what animal it is. If it is healthy, it has the right ratio.

Oysters molluscs and the like are "hypertonic fluid" , bigger concentration of salts, thats why they taste salty even if you wash them. But not fish, fish are vertebrates.

They say drinking isotonic sea water is the quickest way to improve health.

It makes a lot of sense. Now its time to find out. Personally im liking every day more. And feeling better, more controlled, relaxed, clear minded, and eating a lot less ( just the right amounts and never overeating). Now a big percent of my diet is meat, i feel like eating meat and anything else.

All the books and info i have is in spanish.. I dont know if the same quality of info is on english. This old man has done a great recopilation work.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:45:56 am by ciervo-chaman »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk