Author Topic: Genetic Glitches, Sulfation, Methylation, etc?  (Read 4698 times)

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
Genetic Glitches, Sulfation, Methylation, etc?
« on: May 26, 2012, 03:45:59 am »
Hey guys,

In chronic illness circles you often hear about things like genetic glitches, issues with sulfation, methylation, etc.  Basically, your organs (primarily liver) can't detoxify effectively.  Some say it is a genetics problem (I have my doubts).  Anyways, they usually treat it with things like b12, folate, etc.  Does anybody know much about this topic?  My intuition tells me that in most cases it is just a gunked up liver/kidneys/colon that can no longer process toxins like it should and doesn't have the right nutrients to help get it moving again.  Eating good quality foods including beets, dandelion, raw liver, raw eggs yolk, and a wide variety of other fruits, vegetables, and meats should do the trick, no?

-Joe

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Genetic Glitches, Sulfation, Methylation, etc?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 03:50:13 am »
How about eating raw kidneys and liver daily as these will be full of the compounds that we need to detoxify.
This is my plan. The local fish shop was giving me fish liver and kidneys for free, since he just throws them out, and offal is really cheap at the butchers since most people just want meat these days.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 03:54:47 am »
I think that some people really do have genetic glitches which prevent proper digestion of certain nutrients, and which can't be fully fixed by going rawpalaeo. What I'm particularly interested in is, not so much the negative effect of cooked foods consumption in one's lifetime, but the negative epigenetic effect of eating cooked foods over generations. It's already been shown that having a grandfather who smokes can harm a grand-child due to influencing gene-expression, even if the grandchild doesn't smoke, I wonder what millenia of eating cooked foods has done to us. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of genetic illnesses  disappear in any population that went back to eating rawpalaeo foods for several generations.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 04:14:11 am »
Not quite on topic, but a similar multi-generation effect comes from oestrogen imitators, such as PBA found in some plastics.
Female exposure to these results in male children and grandchildren being more feminised.
This is determined by measuring the distance between penis and anus, which is typically double that of the vagina anus distance (called the anogenital distance).
It is easy to see how a pregnant women with a male foetus could be effected.

There may also be another generation effected if the pregnant women has a female foetus, then the development of the 'proto-eggs' inside the foetus' tiny reproductive system can be effected.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:22:43 am by miker »

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 04:21:17 am »
More to the point of this topic -

"Mutant fruit flies have helped solve one of the biggest puzzles in genetics: how the stress of starvation or drug addiction can pass on its ill effects to the sufferer's children and grandchildren."

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20616-unzipped-chromosomes-pass-on-parental-stress.html

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 05:38:55 am »
Right, but does anybody know how to get around these glitches?  I mean, as far as i know the "experts" right now are using tons of b12, b vitamins ,folate, beets, and a few other supplements to provide the nutrients.  I think the genetic factor should be the last thing to be blamed for our ill health but i'm guessing it does happen to people.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 06:13:15 am »
Not quite on topic, but a similar multi-generation effect comes from oestrogen imitators, such as PBA found in some plastics.
Female exposure to these results in male children and grandchildren being more feminised.
This is determined by measuring the distance between penis and anus, which is typically double that of the vagina anus distance (called the anogenital distance).
It is easy to see how a pregnant women with a male foetus could be effected.

It has also been linked to  premature puberty in girls (Approximately 2 years) and there is also links being made to males being affected.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:19:34 am by raw-al »
Cheers
Al

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 06:39:29 am »
I can only image the best remedies are what people are talking about on this site -
+ RAVF diet, including offal & greens, possibly alkaline forming if my opinion is correct
+ Exercise
+ Working on our mental health & thought processes

Specific remedies would depend on which metabolic pathways were impacted by the particular glitch one suffers from.

Does eating methylation / sulfation foods help the person eating them, or just help stop passing these glitches on to the next generation?

As for the ne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk