Author Topic: Just joined, a little about myself  (Read 4266 times)

Offline MaverickHunter40245

• Forager
    • View Profile
Just joined, a little about myself
« on: October 18, 2008, 10:22:33 am »
Hello. I'm 20 years old, and I'm a student at the University of Louisville, majoring in computer engineering (3 semesters of calculus is hard.).  Over the last couple years, and especially months, I have read information regarding diet and health, and quickly found conventional advice untrustworthy.  It wasn't long until I found that our primary food should come from animals, rather than plants.  Recently, however, I have been gaining an interest in raw animal foods, and though I haven't actually started getting into a raw food diet (Other than the occasional egg) yet, I am interested in learning more about it.

Edit:  Also, the reason I picked this screen name: First, it is a reference to a certain video game series, which originally came out on the Super Nintendo, but I didn't discover until about 4 years ago. Second, the word "Maverick" refers to my extracurricular studies, done completely outside of any school work (For high school or college), in which I found a web of lies, corruption, and bad science, leading to my rejection of the establishment's dietary advice.  Third, the word "Hunter" refers to me wanting to actually try hunting.  I've never been hunting, but would very much like to try, as it would not only be fun to hunt down the animal, but it would be the perfect opportunity to start trying RAF's from a natural and very fresh source (I would start with small game, as I read on these forums that the organs of smaller animals are supposed to have a milder flavor, which is helpful for newbies).  So until then, it can just refer to "hunting for the truth".  Finally, the number 40245 is my zip code.

For regular entertainment, I like to play video games.  I also like to make games using programs like Game Maker 7, and I also have experience with making levels for games like Half-Life 2 and Star Wars: Jedi Academy.  I also like to watch movies.  Also, I'm typing this post from a computer I built rather than bought.
Also, I've been horseback riding a few times, and I have some firearms experience.  I have fired handguns (semi-auto and revolver), 12-gauge shotguns, a 22 caliber rifle, and an AR-15 (A civilian version of the M-16, without the full-auto fire.).

I've also been moving around a lot.  My extended family mostly lives in Texas.  I was born in Alberta, Canada, where I lived for 7 years.  Then I moved to Andover, Minnesota, where I lived for 2 years.  Then I lived in an apartment in Hamilton, Massachusetts for 1 year, before moving to a house in Ipswich, Massachusetts, where I lived for about 5 years.  Then I moved to Louisville, Kentucky, where I live now.

I also studied a little Japanese in high school. Edit: The Japanese is not showing up properly.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 12:10:53 pm by MaverickHunter40245 »

xylothrill

Re: Just joined, a little about myself
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 10:28:57 am »
Welcome aboard Maverick Hunter!

You'll find many knowledgeable and experienced people here. Mavericks fit in here especially well!

Craig

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 10:40:54 am »
Hey there! Good to see more college-age people joining this forum.

Your SN wouldn't happen to be a reference to megaman X would it?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 09:23:06 pm »
Welcome to the forum! I have to admit I've always been wary of the notion of building my own PC as, apparently, it's very easy to create  a short-circuit etc. in the process, plus there's no manufacturing centre to send the PC back if the PC fuses or breaks down for whatever reason.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 09:52:49 am »
Glad to have you on this forum, Mav. :)

Satya

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 07:25:54 am »
Hello. I'm 20 years old, and I'm a student at the University of Louisville, majoring in computer engineering (3 semesters of calculus is hard.). 

Hey Dude, welcome.  Calculus is fun!  Differential equations is more challenging.

Also, I'm typing this post from a computer I built rather than bought.

Cool, and the only way to go.  You can never get the beefy machine you can build for yourself!  They always go cheap on stuff, yet the whole system costs more.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 07:55:20 am by Satya »

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 08:57:58 am »
Welcome, I built the computer I'm using right now too! I probably won't do it again because I didn't keep up with learning about new components and needed the help of an experience friend the first time, but it does show you how much the mark up is from sellers. It's true though that if something goes wrong you are mostly out of luck, one time my friend messed up a stick of RAM and we actually were able to get it replaced because we lied to the company and said it came that way.

I started my dietary search around that age too but first went through a vegetarian and raw food vegan phase before moving towards the raw paleo direction via Aajonus Vonderplanitz.

I think your introduction was the best one yet, it was very informative without reading like a diary-esque account of your life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk