Author Topic: Peeling lips  (Read 14335 times)

Offline bluesandteals

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Peeling lips
« on: November 27, 2008, 03:55:47 am »
My lips peel continuously when I start eating raw in any way.  I think it's detox of some internal organ that's connected to my lips. 
Has anyone experienced this?
Does anyone know why it's happening?
Does anyone have a recommendation as to what might help?
Thanks.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Peeling lips
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 04:30:09 am »
my lips get really chapped when i have candida problems. like if i eat a lot of starches, they get chapped. might be related to the candida yeast dying off as a result of the all raw diet too.

Offline bluesandteals

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 05:39:24 am »
Thanks for the reply.  It's interesting that that happens to you.  However, for me it's not when I eat carbs so much as when I eat raw.  My raw consists of predominately meat and dark greens.  My cooked version is the same thing but steamed.  It could just be an accelerarated detox happening. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 06:52:45 am »
I had chapped lips for a time. They went away - I've been on very low-carb (raw) for a while.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline bluesandteals

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 07:41:43 am »
I had chapped lips for a time. They went away - I've been on very low-carb (raw) for a while.
Thanks so much I appreciate hearing that. 

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 02:32:06 am »
Thanks so much I appreciate hearing that. 
When I cut down carbs I get peeling lips and white tonge.  How long does this usually last?

If our ancestors ate mainly meat. Why is it so hard to adapt to it for manypeople?

Because their body was so use to carbs?

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 04:09:04 am »
I get the peeling lips too.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 04:37:27 am »
Count me in on the peeling/chapped lips!  Is this some kind of epidemic among the RAF community?!?   :)

Like Yon, I have long had supposed candida problems so perhaps it's related to that.  I've always suffered with dry, itchy flakey scalp too which I've considered related to the candida too.

I hope it's something simple like that anyway and that we're not all deficient in a particular nutrient!
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 07:09:36 am »
my lips started to get a little chappy the other day, so i just used coconut oil like chapstick. chappy no more!

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 09:02:39 am »
Could be related somewhat to environment and winter.  I live in Vegas but don't have too much trouble w/ chapped lips.  Usually though its when I stop eating plenty of raw animal fats, or when I start eating cooked food.  I know cooked food robs the body of alot of water.  Coconut oil is a great solution - can take a few days.  Also, if you get some raw honey, dab it on your lips and then cover w/ coconut oil right before bed, seems to help w/ chapped lips.
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 07:59:38 pm »
    I don't think it's RAFs Michael.  I was recently eating fruit, salad, spices (not salt), etc and was in an apartment with the radiator turned up on high.  My lips got peel-ly.  I got out of there and ate some raw buffalo, and some fatty (salted) raw white meat, and my lips got soft and smooth again (right away along with a bunch of other improvements).  Guitarman (or anyone), what do you think of cocoa butter?  Coconut on my face can make me break-out.   

Could be related somewhat to environment and winter.  I live in Vegas but don't have too much trouble w/ chapped lips.  Usually though its when I stop eating plenty of raw animal fats, or when I start eating cooked food.  I know cooked food robs the body of alot of water.  Coconut oil is a great solution - can take a few days.  Also, if you get some raw honey, dab it on your lips and then cover w/ coconut oil right before bed, seems to help w/ chapped lips.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 12:09:48 am »
Never used cocoa butter.  My girlfriend started using coconut oil on her face after much convincing.  She found that it actually helped with breakouts.  It could be that coconut oil tends to draw out toxins, which for a few weeks might help to create some pimples. 
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 01:58:18 am »
yeah the first time I put coconut oil on my face, I was a little bit broken out the next day.

haven't had a zit since then, and my pores have gotten smaller and my skin feels and looks very very healthy, if i may say so myself.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 06:51:44 am »
No, I didn't really think it was a RAF problem.  It would be interesting to see if it's something that improved over time.  But, having said that, I've been RAF for 7 years and my lips are still dry and chapped!  Funny you should mention Cocoa butter.  That is the one thing that seems to help ease and protect my lips.  I used a lip balm from a company here in the UK called Raw Gaia.  They sell all manner of raw toiletries.  The lip balm (and most of their skin moisturisers) is basically raw cocoa butter with a few oils.  I'd certainly recommend the cocoa butter!!  I find the coconut oil, although a great skin moisturiser, does not help protect my lips.

This is a very manly conversation we're having here btw gents!!   :)
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 07:36:16 am »
Why, yes it certainly is!  ;)
Life isn't all about fashioning sharp sticks and taking down large animals you know!

Actually, if my life was about that at all I'd be really happy.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 08:33:13 am »
No, I didn't really think it was a RAF problem.  It would be interesting to see if it's something that improved over time.  But, having said that, I've been RAF for 7 years and my lips are still dry and chapped!  Funny you should mention Cocoa butter.  That is the one thing that seems to help ease and protect my lips.  I used a lip balm from a company here in the UK called Raw Gaia.  They sell all manner of raw toiletries.  The lip balm (and most of their skin moisturisers) is basically raw cocoa butter with a few oils.  I'd certainly recommend the cocoa butter!!  I find the coconut oil, although a great skin moisturiser, does not help protect my lips.

This is a very manly conversation we're having here btw gents!!   :)

I like a guy with nice lips.  A guy's got to learn somewhere.  I'm not a gent though, in case you didn't know.  Hard to tell when I haven't posted a pic of my human self.  I'll take a look at that Raw Gaia.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 10:53:20 am »
i think its probably just a winter thing, a combination of being out in the cold wind and being in a heated building(artificial heat dries my lips like crazy)

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 05:40:41 am »
Well, that's all the encouragement I need to keep on with the lip balm!  Let me just put aside these sharp sticks and free this poor large animal!   ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk