Author Topic: Yet another reason to avoid farmed fish  (Read 1217 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Yet another reason to avoid farmed fish
« on: August 18, 2017, 03:38:10 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4800074/More-95-cent-adult-farmed-fish-deformed.html

The food an animal gets is not the only factor to ponder over when a RVAFer chooses his/her food. Another key factor is how inbred/unhealthy the animals in question are.  For example, I used to buy raw wild boar from London's Borough Market(an expensive tourist trap which is  a site  recently "visited" by Islamic terorrists - don't go there unless you have lots of money to spend). Anyway, the foolish farmer was, er, "proud" of telling me that all his wild boar were fed on 100% grains diets, normally a no-no. Since I could not get raw wild boar meat anywhere else in the UK, I bought the stuff and was amazed to find that the meat was rather good in taste and far better than standard grainfed pork(though nothing like the real thing I can get in Austria indirectly from hunters). Eating animals full of genetic diseases and/or with health-problems linked to unnatural growth-rates forced on them etc., is bound to be harmful in the long run, regardless of how well such animals are fed.I know some farmed fish are now fed on pellets made from raw wildcaught fish(thus ruining the environment), but, as you can see, there are other problems still present.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk