Author Topic: Can eating the same type of meat for too long cause allergies and inflammation?  (Read 7998 times)

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
Hello everybody,

Recently for the last couple of months I have been eating as my primary meat source, about 3x a day for a couple months. I've noticed that over the last month I've been getting progressively worse soreness in muscles and joints,and I have not been doing extra exercise. I was wondering if it can be due to the meat antigens, that over time have started to cause autoimmune reactions, and whether switching up the meat sources would resolve this issue? I normally rotate all other types of foods like carbs, fruits, etc.

Thanks for the help!

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
When you say meat source I assume you're eating the whole animal and not just chuck steaks? Liver, heart, fats are vital to health.

also, I don't think any single animal contains all necessary nutrients. As I understand its okay to have a primary source, but that should only account for 50-75% of your diet. The rest needs to be other animals also.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
eating chicken whoops,not steaks. That makes sense about getting other nutrients from organs and meats,

my question is what do you think can account for the sore muscles and joints? and can it be attributed to eating the same chicken breast, meal after meal, day after day, month after month?

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
eating chicken whoops,not steaks.

Could be the quality of the chicken.

I eat mainly beef chuck roast (grass fed) for every meal. But I also eat a lot of beef fat, liver and heart weekly, and shrimp and salmon on occasion.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
If allergies and inflammation are causing your pain, do you have that type of autoimmune issue in general? Another thing to consider is if you are getting enough Vitamin D, as that can be the cause of joint pain. How are your teeth or other sites of chronic infection that might be taxing your immune system? If you are eating only meat, are you getting enough fat and salt?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
Chicken breast only? You need fat and salt and organs desperately. Even for only a week without organs I've noticed joint soreness in my ankles, Something im concerned is from a deficiency in some nutrient. As I don't have sources yet for all types of food I assumed magnesium deficiency and soaked in Epsom salt (sorry I know it frowned upon here) I do not advise or suggest you do this. I do however suggest to add in more fat and organs in your diet, because for me the Epsom salt was only a temporary fix.

-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
Well not chicken breast only...but chicken breast as my primary (90%) of my  meat source. I've been doing this for a couple of months. But I've been eating it with other food sources like vegetables, fruits, nuts, and some  fats.

I don't typically suffer from autoimmune reactions. Although since you do ask, I had experimented with drinking  raw milk for a year or so, and towards the end of that, I also began to get negative reactions  from it. Perhaps it has something to do with the length of time and over time an allergy develops if it's continually ingested.

As for the chicken quality, it was the non organic costco (or supermarket) variety. The quality is not good. The organic chicken  breast is twice as much per pound in cost, and paying twice as much for the same grain fed meat seems silly.

I prefer white meat ( fish, chicken) to red meat. So, sticking true to my preferences, I've switched to primarily fish to my meat source. This time I will vary it up and switch the fishies around in their varieties. Adding in some offal is a good idea. I'll try that. Thanks for the help and for the sounding board.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
Ya, that's a good plan.

My previous understanding of allergies was the body sees it as a foreign substance that is harmful and wants to rid of it and a reaction occurs. Body not used to bee venom? Allergic reaction. Not used to peanuts? Allergic reaction. In fact, it seems many people have actually overcome allergies by forceful ingesting and increasing tolerance. However, that doesn't mean it's beneficial and being used, it just means your body no longer reacts harshly against the substance. There still may be delayed reactions (fatigue, poor skin, poor digestion) signaling that the substance is unacceptable.

If you prefer fish maybe you can increase your fat intake through those sources? I'm still new to what all different stuff is available to eat. But I highly suggest that you check your ratios. Caloric-wise, you need to have 50-80% of your diet fat, depending on how many carbs you eat. The general paleo recommendation around here is that fruit and nuts were sparse in paleo times. Fat was highly regarded. You may not "like" the taste at first, but that doesn't mean it's not good for you.

I think it's less "allergies" (because those RARELY occur with meats, especially raw) and more lack of nutrition. Not nutrition in the sense of "all vitamins and minerals" but just straight up fuel: fat/organs. There may be negative substances building from poor quality meat also.

www.eatwild.com <-- go there, find a farm, get good meat. Try beef suet. It's not about liking red meat or not, because that's just fat. Remember, if you are revamping your diet, it's good to throw out any preconceived notions and to get change, you gotta change. Where about are you located?
-Dustin

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I have to interject.   Most don't care much for beef suet,, dry caulky, not very appealing.  Try back fat,, miller's can sell it to you.  Next,  chicken, really any chicken, organic or not, is mostly a highly adulterated food stuff, for they only eat a couple of different grains, one of which is soy..  Highly minerally imbalanced,  not to mention devoid of a diet that can create a healthy fat profile due to the lack of bugs and green food.  I still can't believe Aujonus doesn't yet recognize this.  My guess is because, like eating butter and honey, he likes it....

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
I have to interject.   Most don't care much for beef suet,, dry caulky, not very appealing.  Try back fat,, miller's can sell it to you. 

Miller's?
-Dustin

Offline papangue

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
As Iguana asked me, here is a brief summary of my observations and inferences.

I should point out first that the observations on which I rely on cover a long period, from 1964 to recent years. They deal with raw meat, especially beef, pork, mutton and game. I have seen that excessive consumption of protein over several years can cause keratinizations (dry skin, callus under the feet, hands calluses, cracked fingers, wrinkles, dandruff, brittle and overgrown nails and hair, thickening of warts, etc.), immune disorders or autoimmune disorders (eczema, rheumatism, arthritis, arthritis, etc..) and tumor growth.

The task was first to define the notion of "excessive consumption". Data from conventional nutrition science, which recommended a given amount of protein per day, does not account for individual differences or variations in requirements depending on the state of the body. The experiment was therefore based on sensory data: when consuming raw meat without any seasoning nor other deterioration, and as much as possible wild meat, there’s indeed a change in taste perception coupled with feelings of fullness that can indicate the need’s fulfillment.

Immune disorders are explained as follows: when there is digestive or metabolic overload, a proportion of the ingested proteins escape the enzymes responsible for degrading them, while they retain their antigenic structures – that is to say that the system immune recognizes them as foreign to the human body. If the situation repeats itself excessively, there may be sensitization (allergies), tolerance (paralysis of the immune system to certain types of molecules), or an autoimmune reaction (the immune system turning against the cells of the body, either that they display similar proteins or that foreign proteins are set on their membrane).

I can only recommend to people who experience systematic consumption of raw meat to remain very vigilant. Although initially everything seems to be fine, induced disorders may occur much later, and be fairly irreversible. I myself eat almost everyday an animal protein of various sources (meat, fish, shellfish, crab or eggs), but I stop as soon as it becomes less tasty or at the slightest feeling that I have eaten enough of it. So I’ve been able to put under control the disorders that had arisen at times when we experienced an excessive consumption of meat (mainly beef muscle) – whereas it went so far as to cause the death of my wife.

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/is-it-dangerous-to-eat-too-much-meat/

Offline LifeIsExperience

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Hello everybody,

Recently for the last couple of months I have been eating as my primary meat source, about 3x a day for a couple months. I've noticed that over the last month I've been getting progressively worse soreness in muscles and joints,and I have not been doing extra exercise. I was wondering if it can be due to the meat antigens, that over time have started to cause autoimmune reactions, and whether switching up the meat sources would resolve this issue? I normally rotate all other types of foods like carbs, fruits, etc.

Thanks for the help!

My recommendation: test it the 'anopsology' way! Before starting your next meal, put your nose just above the meat. How does it smell? Is it attractive? Do you even feel your mouth salivating? Then it is all right. Enjoy your meal. Otherwise I would look for something else to eat... maybe just vegetables? Let your body decide!

my english sucks? i am aware of it!

your food doesn't satisfy you? broaden your choice! still not satisfied? simply skip your next meal

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I have to interject.   Most don't care much for beef suet,, dry caulky, not very appealing.  Try back fat,, miller's can sell it to you.  Next,  chicken, really any chicken, organic or not, is mostly a highly adulterated food stuff, for they only eat a couple of different grains, one of which is soy..  Highly minerally imbalanced,  not to mention devoid of a diet that can create a healthy fat profile due to the lack of bugs and green food.  I still can't believe Aujonus doesn't yet recognize this.  My guess is because, like eating butter and honey, he likes it....

yep, any chicken you buy is g oing to be so high omega 6, so you probably should add in some animal food with high omega 3s

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I would never, ever eat grainfed chicken as a regular thing.  Truthfully, I probably eat chicken less than once a year, on average.  I generally go for beef and pork if I have to eat meat at a social occasion.  Factory-farmed chicken is disgusting.  It's not remotely safe to eat raw.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Not that I doubt instincto works for those that use it (nor do I care to derail this thread), but I've wondered how animals just "know" when a food is healthy for them. Like with cows if left to roam an entire pasture, they'll seek certain grasses. Upon analysis of those grasses they'll turn out to be much more nutrient dense in various vitamins. I think in addition to smell and taste being helpful, we probably have some kind of "ESP" that helps us find the nutrients we need.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Not that I doubt instincto works for those that use it (nor do I care to derail this thread), but I've wondered how animals just "know" when a food is healthy for them. Like with cows if left to roam an entire pasture, they'll seek certain grasses. Upon analysis of those grasses they'll turn out to be much more nutrient dense in various vitamins. I think in addition to smell and taste being helpful, we probably have some kind of "ESP" that helps us find the nutrients we need.

ESP is extrasensory perception, that is, not within the realm of the five senses (can't see it, can't hear it, etc.).

On the other hand, instinct is based on the five senses, wherein the sensory receptors link to response pathways. When the nose or tongue of a cow touches the right foodstuff, the response says "good to eat." You could also throw unwholesome supplements at a cow, and if those unwholesome foods latch on to the same receptors, the cow will eat unwholesome food. (This is what they do on feedlots.) When humans eat cooked, sweetened, seasoned foods, we are substituting sensations that our receptors think are wholesome. We get fooled, or rather, we fool ourselves.

There is nothing else in the human or non-human organism that tells us what to eat. We can confound instinct with cooking, sweetening, seasoning, but our instincts are there whether we eat unprocessed foods or adulterated foods. The range of adulteration must be acceptable to the receptors, or we won't eat an item.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
from my experiences, too much of ANYTHING causes issues

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk