Author Topic: Baby Spinach  (Read 8214 times)

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
Baby Spinach
« on: February 28, 2011, 04:50:54 pm »
I can't stand the chalky taste, gritty feeling I get from eating it and always after I have a headache or stomach ache. Should I stop eating it because it has soo many nutrients...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Baby Spinach
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 05:07:40 pm »
Raw spinach is a waste of time. Just throw it away.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 06:43:31 pm »
I would never eat a stuff tasting chalky and feeling gritty even if it is full of sooo many nutrients.

The last weeks baby spinach tasted sweet and wonderful fatty for me, so I ate a lot of it. Know I prefer lamb's lettuce.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 11:56:26 am »
Just stop eating it, if something is not sitting right then just don't eat it.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 08:09:30 am »
how do you eat it ?

if you Vitamix blend it with some green apples it is delicious.

here is me blending it with strawberries:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLCw-aUrTxU

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 12:28:32 pm »
Spinach tastes good on its own. If it doesn't taste good, you should not mix it with something that does to cover up that fact - just don't eat it.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 05:07:39 pm »
I can't stand the chalky taste, gritty feeling I get from eating it and always after I have a headache or stomach ache. Should I stop eating it because it has soo many nutrients...

If you still want to eat spinach you could try the large leaf spinach, baby spinach is a very recent cultivar.  I don't know if they are very different in terms of nutrition though (not to mention goitrogens).  I would avoid it.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 05:11:14 pm »

Give it to the cows.

My teeth always felt blunt after eating spinach. Why do we eat such rubbsih? It's the vitamin - blabla brainwashing?

Löwenherz

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 12:10:25 pm »
Spinach tastes good on its own. If it doesn't taste good, you should not mix it with something that does to cover up that fact - just don't eat it.

it tastes good if i just munch on the leaf but i won't eat a lot that way - a few leaves and i get bored.  when blended i can consume much more ( due to speed of drinking ) but it doesn't taste so good by itself.  now if i blend it with green apples i can easily and quickly consume 100 - 150 grams and enjoy it - so why not.  an entire plate full of spinach is about 50 grams only - i can have 3 times as much in about half a minute using a blender.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 12:42:09 pm »
I'd think that if it doesn't taste good to you on its own there'd be a reason.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 11:38:19 pm »
I'd think that if it doesn't taste good to you on its own there'd be a reason.

ok and that reason may be that i am spoiled by an abundance of fruit.

if somebody who eats bacon and pizza all day doesn't like the taste of raw meat that doesn't make pizza healthier.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 06:29:27 am »
ok and that reason may be that i am spoiled by an abundance of fruit.

if somebody who eats bacon and pizza all day doesn't like the taste of raw meat that doesn't make pizza healthier.

Obviously if you are eating a SAD you cannot trust your taste instincts in choosing what to eat, the instincts are fooled by food that is cooked and loaded with salt and MSG.

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 10:48:28 am »
Obviously if you are eating a SAD you cannot trust your taste instincts in choosing what to eat, the instincts are fooled by food that is cooked and loaded with salt and MSG.

your instinct will not work unless you actually live in the forest.  if you live in a city you have to use your brain period.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 04:18:12 pm »
your instinct will not work unless you actually live in the forest.  if you live in a city you have to use your brain period.

The brain is only useful if you a trying to decide what to eat.  Your olfactory senses are important as a guide.  It does not matter where you live.

Offline proteus

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 03:30:14 am »
The brain is only useful if you a trying to decide what to eat.  Your olfactory senses are important as a guide.  It does not matter where you live.

agree to disagree.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk