Author Topic: health issues when eating raw meat  (Read 8474 times)

Offline Leonardo

• Forager
    • View Profile
health issues when eating raw meat
« on: May 25, 2012, 10:42:43 am »
when eating raw meat I feel with more energy and overall great,  my dandruff problems lessen alot , feel calmer and my fatigue disappears... however I get inflamation IBS and my ingual hernia swells alot, when eating cooked food my hernia and IBS symptoms are no problem.....I think my stomach cant digest well raw food but proably Im wrong, Ive tried raw eggs as well get kind of the same symptoms than with real meat....I cant figure why I get this symptoms with raw meat, any help will be greatly appreciated

regards
Leonardo

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
Re: health issues when eating raw meat
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 12:22:15 pm »
?

you said you have no symtpoms eat raw meat.  But you get symptoms when eating raw eggs.  Eggs are a female chicken's egg designed to connect with male chicken sperm, do you think it's nutritious?  Research peoples reactions to eating raw eggs, I find they are mostly bad, and the good ones come from people who are already healthy, and can seem to deal with the negativity of raw eggs masked by the media's brainwashing tell you that such a cheap and convenient thing is healthy. 

So really, raw eggs cause you symptoms, not raw meat, right?

Offline Leonardo

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 12:45:18 pm »
sorry, im not a native english speaker, what i meant is that I have problems with both raw meat and raw eggs (even fertile) organic or not, ive tried high meat and while its easier to digest the ibs and hernia swelling wont go away, with cooked food I dont have this problems, even with food like rice being much less nutricious then raw meat...

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 01:04:40 pm »
try overdosing on various brands of probiotics.

5x to 10x the recommeded daily.

1 week for every brand.

try 2 or 3 brands.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Leonardo

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 01:10:01 pm »
thanks goodsamaritan, I will try with probiotics

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 02:29:29 am »
I would say careful with the probiotics though.  They are usually made by people in labs  ;D

-fermented sauerkraut, kimchi, other vegetables will get lots of friendly bacteria in as well

Offline Leonardo

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 08:17:05 am »
Thanks Joej,  ill also try the sauerkraut

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 11:53:16 pm »
agree with joej on the probiotics. though i know gs has had success with them, i have tried a few that are supposed to be the best and they've only made me cramp and bloated. the only thing that helped my ibs is aged and/or high meat. that seems to be the best probiotic for me.  it was overnite that i felt so much better and about two weeks for the inflammation to be gone. 

and welcome to the forum! :)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 12:00:04 am »
agree with joej on the probiotics. though i know gs has had success with them, i have tried a few that are supposed to be the best and they've only made me cramp and bloated. the only thing that helped my ibs is aged and/or high meat. that seems to be the best probiotic for me.  it was overnite that i felt so much better and about two weeks for the inflammation to be gone. 

and welcome to the forum! :)
The trouble with most probiotics is that they are designed to digest certain foods only(eg:- lactobacillus bacteria for digesting dairy). "High-meat", by definition is far better suited to a rawpalaeodieter, and way more natural.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 12:25:06 am »
The Specific carbohydrate diet is really good for IBS. I imagine combined with raw paleo it would be even better.

The Specific Carbohydrate Diet is all fruits, veggies, nuts and meats. You can google it and see a legal illegal list.

I actually prefer the SCD's original diet, the banana diet. Which didn't include nuts or fermented dairy. Nuts provide to much fiber, not allowing the body to rebalance the gut flora.

Good luck.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 12:33:11 am »
The Specific carbohydrate diet is really good for IBS. I imagine combined with raw paleo it would be even better.

The Specific Carbohydrate Diet is all fruits, veggies, nuts and meats. You can google it and see a legal illegal list.

I actually prefer the SCD's original diet, the banana diet. Which didn't include nuts or fermented dairy. Nuts provide to much fiber, not allowing the body to rebalance the gut flora.

Good luck.

i strongly disagree.  scd is a start in the right direction since it eliminates grains and most dairy, but it did not allow for improvement of symptoms for me.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 12:42:43 am »

i strongly disagree.  scd is a start in the right direction since it eliminates grains and most dairy, but it did not allow for improvement of symptoms for me.

There's always gonna be people who don't do well on it. But over all I think it helps a lot of people. That's the impression I got when I was a member on the Yahoo Group BTVC-SCD.

Again, I don't really think the SCD is the greatest, but like you said it's a huge step forward from grains and dairy.

The SCD still includes 24 hour fermented dairy, certain beans, and nuts. Which I'm sure is a mistake. The original, the Banana Diet was a lot more simple. Elaine Gotschall only added those foods because she thought it was to bland and wouldn't attract that many people.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 12:46:06 am »
What symptoms did you have?

Offline Leonardo

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 10:21:46 am »

Thanks DaBoss, thats diet is what I have been doing the last 3 days , meat, fruit, veggies and very few nuts however  all 100.00% raw and seen positive results since after having my last IBS attack I had some cooked food (eggs, water cooked potatoes and veggie soup) and it kind of settled my IBS however after taking a nap it made me feel lethargic, I had to eat raw meat to recover energy  and it did only this time my stomach digest it much better  :)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2012, 10:56:23 am »
Good to see you're having better luck, Leonardo. My own inguinal hernia healed on raw Paleo (including raw meats), which is supposed to be impossible, and I even developed muscle tone in that area, and I digest raw meats better than cooked, so my experience is the opposite of your first post, which just puzzled me. If you have any more difficulties with raw meat, maybe try chopping or grinding the raw meat up first in a food processor or meat grinder, and/or try the high meat process, to make it easier to digest?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 07:31:01 pm »
Thanks DaBoss, thats diet is what I have been doing the last 3 days , meat, fruit, veggies and very few nuts however  all 100.00% raw and seen positive results since after having my last IBS attack I had some cooked food (eggs, water cooked potatoes and veggie soup) and it kind of settled my IBS however after taking a nap it made me feel lethargic, I had to eat raw meat to recover energy  and it did only this time my stomach digest it much better  :)

That's good! Nuts work for some people.

If I were you I'd still check out the legal illegal list because some fruits need to be a certain way.

For example bananas need to have brown spots, otherwise the carbs are undigestible, which is bad for IBS.

Offline Leonardo

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 09:52:41 am »
Thanks PaleoPhil, on these few days I feel overall considerably better since going raw, even raw meat now seems easier to digest then cooked, also my overall body inflammation seems to be improving, an injury I have above my coxis area has lessen about 50% to 70% thats great, today I was told on my job that I looked very relaxed  :) and yes they are right.  Ive always been an anxious person since I was a kid, yesterday while driving I didnt even remember my anxiety that has always  bothered my life...now Im going to see how my chronic fatigue behaves, my energy levels are better especially in the morning but i think in order to improve faster I need to rest a few minutes while feeling fatigue and because of my job I wont be able to take naps when always needed but ill do my best.

Yes  DaBoss, ive already found the legal/illegal list, I havent had the time to examine it but will do asap

Thanks to everyone for your help :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk