Author Topic: 2 year primal/Real Foodie trying something new  (Read 2498 times)

Offline AshleyRoz

• Forager
    • View Profile
2 year primal/Real Foodie trying something new
« on: November 04, 2012, 10:46:29 pm »
Hello all!  I came to WAPF and primal +Dairy after I had my son and was experiencing horrible stomach pains after my c-section from all the drugs and antibiotics.   2 years later I feel a whole lot better but I'm still carrying around a lot of extra weight, I wake up kind of creaky in the morning, fatigue, and a few other minor issues.  About a week ago I finally went dairy free and I feel SO much better.  It got me thinking that perhaps the reason I felt great initially when I went mostly raw vegan many years ago was because I was eating lots and lots of plants, and avoided dairy and eggs.  I seem to do fine with egg yolks but the egg whites make me itchy.   Anyway, I'm here to try something new.  I'm initially going to try a more plant based Terry Wahls style diet but with raw organ meats, yolks, and lots of seafood and I'll adjust accordingly.   Hoping this is the final push to fix my problems I'm still having.  Low carb cooked paleo was great initially but it just isn't taking me home.     Look forward to getting to know you all! 

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: 2 year primal/Real Foodie trying something new
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 11:04:09 pm »
Welcome aboard!

François
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 11:44:30 pm »
Welcome to the forum! Glad you've improved a bit now that you've gone off the dairy. Just one note, though:- really serious health-problems do seem to take on average c. 2-3 years to resolve completely. In my own case, I did solve most of my health-problems after 4 months of going rawpalaeo, but it took another couple of years to fix the rest.

Here's a useful link:-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 02:32:53 am »
Welcome.

Low carb cooked paleo was great initially but it just isn't taking me home.

Lots of people make the mistake of not eating enough fat or salt on low carb (cooked or raw), in case you're thinking of trying that again for the "great" part. You would want to get most of your calories from fat, eat no extra protein, and adjust your carbs to the proper level for you.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk