Author Topic: fish species to become extinct in coming years  (Read 2097 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:32:19 pm by TylerDurden »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: fish species to become extinct in coming years
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 08:37:43 am »
This is so sad, but fish is so integral to a healthy diet I don't want to stop people eating it. This is why it is so important to reduce our population, and improve our genetic engineering so we can flourish on more sustainable foods!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: fish species to become extinct in coming years
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:30:18 am »
I doubt that genetic engineering would resolve matters as, already, we've fouled our crops up with GM technology. Perhaps it could work if we spent a few more centuries working on it, but not before.

The overpopulation problem is dire right now. I mean, food-prices are skyrocketing as a result, plus the problems with drought etc. are all derived from the population-increase and increased access to technology by 3rd world countries. I just hope that we get a strong AI to appear Terminator-style and nuke the world back to a population of  a 100 million or so! I just loved those "future war" scenes in the Terminator movies! Though, admittedly, a more sentient AI pioneer than the rest stated that a strong AI would be far more likely to be friendly to us, and, if not, would simply go in for subtly releasing a 100% fatal GM-modified flu virus all over the world.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk