Author Topic: Beginning Raw Paleo  (Read 2746 times)

Offline matattack

• Forager
    • View Profile
Beginning Raw Paleo
« on: May 21, 2012, 01:30:48 pm »
Hey, my names matt i was recently introduced to this forum by my cousin. He was telling me about the benefits and just the general outline of what the diet can consist of, and how it's so beneficial for your health and overall well being. But about four months ago I began to take an interest in gaining muscle and mass. I took a few supplements and changed my diet, and ended up gaining about 15 - 20 lbs of muscle in two months. So after discussing the Raw Paleo Diet with my cousin, I asked him if there's anyway to bulk on this diet to gain noticeable mass and muscle gains? Or is this mostly applied for health and such?

P.S Any tips to beginning this diet would be helpful. Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:48:51 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Beginning Raw Paleo
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 01:56:21 pm »
http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/sticky-advice-for-newbies-wishing-to-slowly-ease-into-a-raw-animal-food-diet/

Also read the other threads in the Info for newbies section(just under the general discussions forum link on the main page of rawpaleoforum).

Most people try this diet for health-reasons, however it is useful for bulking up. That is, Schwarzenegger noted that when he ate overcooked meat, the protein was less utilisable for building up muscle than more lightly-cooked meats, so the protein in raw meats would be even better. In my own case,  this diet, unlike any others, helped me to regain decent muscle-mass, after having had weird muscle-weakness-related issues pre-rawpalaeodiet - I also found that when I did weight-training my increase in muscle-mass stayed a little  longer than on previous diets, if I stopped the weight-training for some time. Not saying that diet is the solution to bulk up, as one still needs to lift weights etc., I just think it makes it a bit easier.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline matattack

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 02:20:19 pm »
Thank you, i appreciate the advice. I'll take a look at the link, hopefully I'll be able to get started soon.

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:24:11 pm »
Hey, my names matt i was recently introduced to this forum by my cousin. He was telling me about the benefits and just the general outline of what the diet can consist of, and how it's so beneficial for your health and overall well being. But about four months ago I began to take an interest in gaining muscle and mass. I took a few supplements and changed my diet, and ended up gaining about 15 - 20 lbs of muscle in two months. So after discussing the Raw Paleo Diet with my cousin, I asked him if there's anyway to bulk on this diet to gain noticeable mass and muscle gains? Or is this mostly applied for health and such?

P.S Any tips to beginning this diet would be helpful. Thank you!

what was your diet that you gained 20 lbs in 2 months?

and has for tips on this diet, it's simple:

- raw grass fed/wild animals
- raw butter (unless you're in california, this isn't easy to get)
- raw honey
- raw veggie/fruit juice
- avacados/coconut
- homemade salsa
- Eventually, you'll probably need carbs, and end up cheating
- There's different opinions, but I bet if you do these things, your health is stop decreasing, and start improving

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk