Author Topic: Health & Climate  (Read 39336 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Health & Climate
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2009, 02:02:04 am »
    Does it depend on how cold or warm a climate you live in?  I distinctly remember eating live clams and live oysters in the heat of Summer, and by doing so, making a marked improvement in the state of the health of my body.   

Well, the governments tend to think so. When they tried to force the pasteurisation of raw oysters in Florida, they were only going to apply that law  to raw oysters caught in the Gulf of Mexico and even then only during the summer months. Personally, I don't think it matters as I've had plenty of success with raw shellfish throughout the summer. I've heard of side-effects from people eating raw shellfish infected by the "red-tide" phenomenon but it's so rare as to not be considered a serious threat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2009, 02:39:07 am »
When they tried to force the pasteurisation of raw oysters in Florida, they were only going to apply that law  to raw oysters caught in the Gulf of Mexico and even then only during the summer months. ... I've heard of side-effects from people eating raw shellfish infected by the "red-tide" phenomenon but it's so rare as to not be considered a serious threat.

I think it may be pollution.  I think the gulf of Mexico is very badly polluted.  I think it's more polluted in Summer, when humans may get more active in the water.  Personally I have eaten oysters from the gulf of Mexico.  The fish monger I bought them from there called the oysters raw, unpasteurized and fresh.  I got sick after I ate them, and the sickness lasted a while.  I doubt what I had was detox.  It was scary.  It wasn't Summer either, but just before Spring and the weather was warm and nice.  I have a friend who eats all kinds of raw animal meat who also only got sick from gulf of Mexico seafood (a totally different time).
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Kokki

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2009, 01:55:52 am »
Thanks for all. I`ll read this topic again, more carefully.

It`s -30C outside..

..and there`s so lightly fat in my diet, which causes constipation and dry skin.

Luckily, my cold-intolerance has decreased much - since I started to eat plenty of high-meat !

IMO, very hard frost is easier to tolerate than humid weather around zero celsius, which "goes directly to the bones".

« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 03:14:30 am by Kokki »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2009, 05:23:59 am »
Interesting, I had no idea "high-meat" could have such an effect.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2009, 07:16:42 am »
It was -1C today, we have a heat wave.
Freezing rain and ice pellets forecast for tomorrow with a high of -2C, so I can't drive the 100 miles to a family dinner. I will not miss the (censored) turkey, but will miss the company.

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but when I spent winters in the Canadian high Arctic, nobody ever got sick - not even a cold unless someone came in from the South. Everybody ate a lot.
I'm cold-tolerant now because of all the pemmican I eat. IMHO

Offline Kokki

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2009, 05:55:01 pm »
In fact, high-meat (moose) will be my main source of meat for this spring.

I`ll prepare 20kg of fresh moose to higher level soon..  :) My daily dose is about 500g (fair 1 pound)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk