Author Topic: AV on "The Doctors"  (Read 8439 times)

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
AV on "The Doctors"
« on: June 04, 2009, 07:53:06 pm »
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline fishercat

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: AV on "The Doctors"
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 08:13:07 pm »
He does make some crazy claims like the 300 heart attack thing that makes him look like a quack. It's kind of a shame.

What is interesting is that Sweden is salmonella-free and the government egg board has a little egg promotion booklet with raw egg recipes. Love it here, sad I'm leaving soon.

Raw fish is another one that is conventionally appetizing. If he had a plate of sushi or gravad lax, the doctors wouldn't be able to say eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww. They would probably be reduced to stammering about how pregnant women should avoid it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:44:29 pm »
Although I'm not on Primal Diet because I just can't digest dairy.
I am still an Aajonus fan.
I love his healing theories.
I keep his books as reference and keep coming back to them.

---------

The doctors are funny.
They eat raw FISH and they eat steak TAR TAR at a restaurant, but are afraid of the raw animal foods in the show.
I feed my young kids the same raw meats as shown on that show and they love it.  They've never gotten a stomach ache over raw meat.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:56:09 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 11:50:17 pm »
These doctors and their arguments are very weak.
They eat steak tartare, because it is safe, but they won't eat pure meat because of salmonella, e coli, etc. - that's really cockamamie

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 12:26:57 am »
Now I'm beginning to think the show and the doctors' lines were scripted.  You know, to show the difference between the conventional camp vs the alternative camp.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline LvB

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 06:20:06 am »
Most of the time seemed to be taken up by the doctors talking over AV that there wasn't enough time to explain how raw meat can be eaten safely, in my opinion when they say "don't just pick up chicken at the grocery store" they are right because you shouldn't even buy meat from the grocery store, you should find a source that you can know for sure pasture raises their chickens or hogs or only feeds their cattle grass. These short tv segments are no good for explaining or even having a debate, there's only 7 minutes, maybe 2 minutes to make your case if the hosts of the show want to argue with you.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 12:14:03 pm »
I wish they'd let me on there.  I'd win the argument and make the other side look like a bunch of fools.  "Hey doc! Ever been to France?  No?  Guess what they serve in restaurants there!  Raw organs.  French MDs eat out there, would be my guess, as well as French dietitians and French restaurant health inspectors, French food safety experts, etc..  Are they all just total idiots?  Is their national diet totally unscientific and/or dangerous?  People all over Europe eat raw meat all the time, not just France.  Are they all just ignorant savages, nutritionally-speaking?  Hmm?"

I'd also have a couple of French doctors, French food safety experts (who speak English reasonably well), etc. with me on the show.  The high point would be me saying "Hey doctor!  Shut up!  I can't hear the good food information over the sound of the noise coming out of your mouth!"   -d

OK, I might not say that.  I wouldn't have to.  I'd already have won the argument.

I could bring an Inuit or two who eat their traditional diets, or some people from Africa who grew up on raw meat.  Hmm.

I think  I could win.

Hmm.  LOL

Seriously, that'd be a blast.  I wouldn't even let them finish their sentences.  I'd be all, "Why are you talking? Is there some good reason? You're saying moronic stuff.  That's why I'm not letting you finish sentences, doctor. I think the actual words you are saying are causing illness right now, in this room.  You're causing diseases by talking. Please don't talk any more about nutrition.  Have mercy."  LOL

After they made their points I'd say "You do realize that you can both buy (and/or raise) healthy animals that are totally safe to kill and eat raw, right?  There are farmers in the US today who sell such meat...you know that, right?"

I admit it would probably be difficult to get my point made in just a couple of minutes.  I'd probably need at least 10 minutes.

I'd like to get Doug Graham on there, too, and maybe some other vegan gurus.  We could have a UFC-style fight, where I kick their asses thoroughly.

OK, that might not spread the nutritional word well.  It'd be a blast, beating the holy heck out of Doug. "Bananas, huh?  *punch* All day, huh?  *kick* Nothing else, huh? *kick*"

OK, that WOULD be kind of fun.  LOL

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 12:38:35 pm »
If you are bringing in the FRENCH, and the INUITS, may as well bring in the JAPANESE... 127 million insane people hooked on RAW SEA FOOD.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 01:00:29 pm »
re unpasteurized dairy, which was claimed by these "doctors" as unsafe - it's widely consumed in Europe - Italy, Sardinia, Sicilia, France, Spain, etc. - they must all be idiots  ;D

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 05:56:39 pm »
This is why don't watch crappy TV.

That show looks so lame.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

carnivore

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 08:40:24 pm »
I would be curious to know which restaurant can serve raw organs in France ?
I live in France and people here generally don't eat raw meat, except once in while a "steak tartar", a "carpaccio" or a suhi/sashimi.

People believe many things about french, for instance that they eat a lot of animal fat, or that they are healthy.
The truth is that we are one of the country which use the most drugs.
There is nothing as a french paradox out there!

I wish they'd let me on there.  I'd win the argument and make the other side look like a bunch of fools.  "Hey doc! Ever been to France?  No?  Guess what they serve in restaurants there!  Raw organs.  French MDs eat out there, would be my guess, as well as French dietitians and French restaurant health inspectors, French food safety experts, etc..  Are they all just total idiots?  Is their national diet totally unscientific and/or dangerous?  People all over Europe eat raw meat all the time, not just France.  Are they all just ignorant savages, nutritionally-speaking?  Hmm?"

I'd also have a couple of French doctors, French food safety experts (who speak English reasonably well), etc. with me on the show.  The high point would be me saying "Hey doctor!  Shut up!  I can't hear the good food information over the sound of the noise coming out of your mouth!"   -d

OK, I might not say that.  I wouldn't have to.  I'd already have won the argument.

I could bring an Inuit or two who eat their traditional diets, or some people from Africa who grew up on raw meat.  Hmm.

I think  I could win.

Hmm.  LOL

Seriously, that'd be a blast.  I wouldn't even let them finish their sentences.  I'd be all, "Why are you talking? Is there some good reason? You're saying moronic stuff.  That's why I'm not letting you finish sentences, doctor. I think the actual words you are saying are causing illness right now, in this room.  You're causing diseases by talking. Please don't talk any more about nutrition.  Have mercy."  LOL

After they made their points I'd say "You do realize that you can both buy (and/or raise) healthy animals that are totally safe to kill and eat raw, right?  There are farmers in the US today who sell such meat...you know that, right?"

I admit it would probably be difficult to get my point made in just a couple of minutes.  I'd probably need at least 10 minutes.

I'd like to get Doug Graham on there, too, and maybe some other vegan gurus.  We could have a UFC-style fight, where I kick their asses thoroughly.

OK, that might not spread the nutritional word well.  It'd be a blast, beating the holy heck out of Doug. "Bananas, huh?  *punch* All day, huh?  *kick* Nothing else, huh? *kick*"

OK, that WOULD be kind of fun.  LOL

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2009, 09:27:17 pm »
People believe many things about french, for instance that they eat a lot of animal fat, or that they are healthy.
But the traditional diet was quite fatty and people were quite healthy. Is it myth?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2009, 01:40:06 am »
But the traditional diet was quite fatty and people were quite healthy. Is it myth?

Not true. Sally Fallon was telling porkies.  The French do eat raw oysters and raw cheeses a lot (my francophile father was once horrified to find that americans commonly ate cooked oysters!) but that's all. The French eat a lot of junk food including veal which is raised in appalling conditions. French women are very thin but that probably has to do with frequent dieting rather than healthy foods.

Now raw liver is a staple dish in the US, but I've never heard of French people eating raw organs.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

carnivore

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2009, 03:35:34 am »

One century ago, maybe, but it was not specific to french people!
I don't see how an industrial country like France could be more healthy than others...
"Le croissant et la baguette" are the staple food of french. We are just following the US in terms of obesity and other metabolic illness.

William

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 04:30:19 am »
IIRC the study was a comparison of French and British diets, and probably accurate, considering the paté de fois gras (excuse my spelling - I mean goose liver) and other patés.
In French Canada they also do not fear fat, as they eat concoctions of pork meat and fat with spices; available everywhere.
And then there is the poutine.

After comparing rates of heart disease in various countries where the natives eat stuff that is supposed to cause heart disease but doesn't, except in U.S.A. Britain Australia, one wit decided that speaking English is what gives one heart disease.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk