Author Topic: IBS: Try Olive Oil Enemas  (Read 38343 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
IBS: Try Olive Oil Enemas
« on: May 30, 2010, 08:03:49 am »
Any IBS sufferers here?

Seems there is a shortcut to cure IBS: Olive Oil Enemas

Try it, it may work for you.

Please try extra virgin olive oil enemas every other day before sleeping.  Try 12 ounces at least inside.  Hold for at least 15 minutes.  Lie down in different positions, left, right, flat on back, flat on tummy, and with ass raised.

Please report if you have marked improvement after 1 week.

----------

Why Olive Oil Re-Educates the Colon

There are certain characteristics that make olive oil the premiere choice as a medium for use in procedures that help re-educate the colon posture within the abdominal cavity. They are as follows:

1. Olive oil is heavier than water and as such, implant procedures, which utilize gravity to aid in the re-education process (posture normalization), are further aided by the heavier weight of the oil. Additionally, introducing olive oil to full colon capacity will result in a therapeutic distention or expansion of the organ. This distention therapeutically stretches the colon. With repeated implant sessions, this “stretching” process will tend to realign and reconstitute the integrity of the organ within the abdominal cavity towards a normal shape, size, and position. By using gravity along with this stretching action, old kinks, loops, gnarls, or twists of the colon can be corrected.
   2. Because Olive oil is fairly stable inside the colon, massaging techniques—especially massaging techniques, which also incorporate gravity—is useful to realign and lift the colon back into a normal position, especially the transverse section.
   3. Administering the olive oil in the knee-chest position is a good example of how gravity can be used to promote the “re-education” process.
   4. Olive oil lubricates the mucosa lining in the colon. The lubrication process further aids in the “re-education” of the colon. Although many people take olive oil in their diet orally, rectal infusion is excellent because the mucous membrane of the bowels can absorb the oil much faster with higher saturation.

Olive oil works to heal the colon. The above technique is used with as much olive oil as one can hold, 1-3 quarts, a non-latex enema bag and a retention nozzle. In addition, smaller amounts of olive oil, along with Aloe Vera and MSM, work to heal an inflamed colon when one has IBS or any other related bowel disease.

from http://www.optimalhealthnetwork.com/Why-Olive-Oil-ReEducates-the-Colon-s/434.htm

Our home enema kit.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 08:16:33 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: IBS: Try Olive Oil Enemas
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:18:48 am »
idk, enemas sound like a traumatic experience to me  -[

also, olive oil is no good for me to eat if that means anything for an enema.

i was pretty bad off, but 5 days raw meat and fat and i was more than well on my way... i'd prefer that to any enema any day  :P

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 08:34:38 am »
Your hypothesis sounds good.  I don't like the taste of evoo myself.  Had to eat it though while doing liver flushes when I was ill.
But you still haven't actually tried the olive oil enema yet.
It cured our son of intussusception overnight.  Doctors cancelled the supposed surgery he was to have in the morning.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 08:44:01 am »
that's amazing!

well i definitely didn't recover overnite, but i am very happy and healthy today with no enemas  :D

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 08:50:57 am »
that's amazing!

well i definitely didn't recover overnite, but i am very happy and healthy today with no enemas  :D

Congratulations on your IBS cure!

I don't like enemas myself and always avoided them.  But there were times I was forced to do enemas:

- As mentioned 2 weeks ago our son had debilitating intussusception.  It was an emergency.  Surgery prospects were no good, possible death too.

- Liver cirrhosis / liver cancer, the toxins in the liver will kill the patient if a regular liver flush is done due to reabsorption.  So coffee enemas were done.

I was just touched with the inquiry of a fellow RPDer with IBS:

"Been suffering with IBS for years, eating raw has helped but has not eliminated the problem. Still I dont know exactly why do people suffer from IBS, yes its a inflammation of the bowels but why? Any help would be greatly appreciated."

So I made a blog post about this http://www.myhealthblog.org/2010/05/30/irritable-bowel-syndrom-ibs-possible-cure-try-olive-oil-enemas/

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 09:29:34 am »
gs, do you know if this person tried evoo enema? results?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 09:49:23 am »
gs, do you know if this person tried evoo enema? results?

I just suggested it this morning, I'm looking forward to IBS sufferers trying this.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 10:38:27 am »
According to wikipedia, olive oil is slightly less dense than water.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 11:15:53 am »
I'm no stranger to enemas (although tend not to do them often on RPD) but I get some guttural response from this as well. re: #4 the absorbing of oil directly through the colon with no digestion seems scary to me. Even in a traditional enema, the colon absorbs H20 but the end result is that one needs to drink quite a lot of fluids afterward and is overtaxed and overall dehydrated. Absorption is greatly increased. In the case of alcohol, very small amounts can lead to complete intoxication and death. #1 sounds great if accurate, but am skeptical because enemas tend to not reach full colon capacity and also a tremendous amount of oil would be required to absorb into the entire organ I would think ~5 feet.

Other than that, I think an IBS 'cure' means no IBS ever again. I've seen many people claim to have healed themselves on NH diet or even long term fasting, and then have subsequent flare ups down the line, even if they stayed 100% on their non-irritant diet, and especially so if they went off. Certain foods may be sub-optimal, but they shouldn't cause the colon to become inflamed if it has healed and realigned itself as it describes here. Fats from paleo should be more healing than other dietary approaches, but I think tools like this (especially if #1 is correct) are possibly important even if one is not experiencing negative symptoms. As with any type of enema though, It is much better to start with water or saline and small amounts ~1 qt or less, as most people will not be able to hold for more than a few minutes the first few times.

Offline Roselene

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
    • I like We Want 2 Live.
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 01:00:26 pm »
But you still haven't actually tried the olive oil enema yet.

When you try it, please tell us.

How does it feel?  Much different than water or other enemas?  Has your son done other enemas?

I think now people rarely do enemas, in general.  I think fifty - sixty years ago it was more common, but now people medicate.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 02:44:00 pm »

I think enemas are not always a good idea because they can wash the bacteria in the colon. Especially if done with solutions known to kill bacteria.

Maybe this would be less of a problem if the person eats paleo 'probiotics'.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2010, 07:58:02 pm »
Sounds messy.

I would like to hear more about the cure. Cured for a day or forever? Can the person go back to SAD? this would be a cure in most peoples eyes.

IBS is something that is incredibly difficult to cure unless you go paleo in at least some direction even if it's cooked but olive oil enema? sorry not convinced in the slightest.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Peace2012

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 07:00:46 pm »
I have been doing Olive Oil enemas & have enjoyed them as it softens the bowel motions & helped me alot.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 08:11:54 pm »
I have been doing Olive Oil enemas & have enjoyed them as it softens the bowel motions & helped me alot.

Whats your raw paleo story?

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 11:59:20 pm »
I must point out here than in the last couple of decades I could not find olive oil in any store that wasn't already rancid. If you are going to do this please at least find olive oil with a HARVEST DATE (not press date) on the bottle (only Australia mandates this) and that date must be within 6 months of use. Most people cannot rely on taste and smell because most people have never tasted or smelled fresh olive oil in the United States.

There is a store near me where I have found truly fresh olive oil and I'm beyond delighted to have olive oil back in my life. The name is Con Olio and they do ship. It's expensive - but putting rancid oil in your body whether in your mouth or up your butt - it just can't be good.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 01:55:12 am »
Wow, I'd better check harvest dates.

Offline mhikl

• Egg Thief
  • Know History, not just your folklore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 09:42:48 am »
This may sound out of the ball park but it's a worthy possibility.

I can't remember how I found out about Dr Sarno, a back surgeon, but I wore out his book, Healing Back Pain. He went on to write The Mindbody Prescription and authored with others The Divided Mind.

He postulates that some part of the ancient brain strives to protect us from dangers in our world, from the smallest and most insignificant stress of a regular chore to do, to major life catastrophes. The protector is like the child in us and we need to calm him/her, let the child protector know s/he is to go to sleep and you will take care of things from now on.

The first two books are the easiest to follow, I think. The second delves into more psychosomatic pains and tensions beyond muscle pains. Healing Back Pain, however, does strive beyond the matter of his training. He calls the syndrome TMS, tension myositis syndrome though he now refers to it as tension myoneural syndrome which includes all body parts that have blood flow, such as bones, muscles, nerves and tendons. He suspects that many modern disorders, such as fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, IBS, disk hernias have TMS origins.

I have been able to extinguish IBS, the sense of a piano cord being pulled between two smaller toes, back pains in many shifting regions, headaches, crawly skin, tennis elbow to a name a few. The problem with clearing up such psychosomatic irritants is that another often arises to take its place. One must be vigilant and wary of every pain and problem that arises.

The trick to solving all this is to take regular time to talk to the protector, calming, assuring and putting the child to rest and by recognising that the irritant is not real though the pain is real and due to a reduced blood flow induced by the brain to the area of the pain. Attending to the pain may alleviate some of the simp tons but really serves to reinforce the powers in the mind.

Those who do not suffer such stresses may fail to understand this problem in others. Many with a problem or problems also disregard any psychosomatic possibilities and accept what the power holder say and so avoid the confrontation and effort needed to bring solace to their little protector. I believe Albert Ellis, noted psychologist came to much of the same conclusions. We are often the ruler of our own miseries.
• When I find time to rewrite the laws of physics there will finally be some changes made round here.
• The stupid are cocksure; the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell
• However the dice be tossed, we are ultimately responsible for our own death, unless that preverbal piano hammers us on the head.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 07:40:58 am »
Good post Mikhl

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 03:08:54 pm »
Very good post.  It has to do with being "hyper-vigilant ."  PTSD is common with this problem too.  From a purely mental point of view, I used to suck down mountain dews and eat pizza pockets and fast food without thinking twice.  Now i sometimes question "healthy" things that I eat.  Or we wonder if our bodies are going to do what we want.  The mind gets basically permanently stuck in a "fight/flight" mode and is always on guard.  This gives rise to stress, easier food sensitivities, and all kinds of health issues.  We have to "unstick" the mechanism that is doing this false protection.  Some ways I have found particularly useful:

-cheat on your diet here and there.  Once you see that you survived eating "bad food," your body relaxes a lot on the good stuff

-EFT/acupuncture can relax the system a lot.

-I partly blame big cities for turning people this way.  It's hard not to be on edge all the time when there are traffic, smog, yelling, EMF's, sirens, trains, honking 24/7.  I think just taking a nice nap out in nature and purposely taking some deep breaths really helps.

The system won't calm down over night, but as I have learned to relax a bit, I realized how tense i was for a long time.  People just don't quite understand the power of this mind-body stuff.  If you look up the people who live the longest they never say "I was super-exact and careful of what I ate, I NEVER cheated on my diet, and i calculated my food ratios every day."

They say, "I ate right, had an amazing relationship with God/The universe/Nature, Good family ties, low stress, lived a life i loved, had a job i was passionate about, a chance to grow, etc."  There are so many factors.

-Joe

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 04:12:35 pm »
GS: olive oil in NOT heavier than water!
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline mhikl

• Egg Thief
  • Know History, not just your folklore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 02:14:25 am »
They say, "I ate right, had an amazing relationship with God/The universe/Nature, Good family ties, low stress, lived a life i loved, had a job i was passionate about, a chance to grow, etc."  There are so many factors.
-Joe
Excellent summary, Joe.

This may be just a passing anomaly, but since I have gone full RP, my hip (deformed bone since tear in 1981) has suddenly become completely pain free. The pain momentary returned this past Friday when I ate a Bento box meal, but then the pain passed later in the evening. Secondly, my eczema is clearing up. As well, the balls of my feet have been sore since I bought and wore for a few weeks a pair of thongs/flip flops that never sat right on my feet, and a few other odd aches and my slight perpetual headache, all have suddenly evaporated. I meditate a lot. I review my Sarno list daily (its on one of my desktop screen savers I can access on Mac from mission control) so I couldn't understand why I still seem plagued by TMS.

My hypothesis is that the influence of the foods we take can interfere with all that is mention in your last paragraph and the theories of Dr Sarno and others—no matter the time and detail we spend in thought and meditation.

At this moment, I am contemplating the pain I used to get that felt like a piano wire being pulled between my two smallest toes and yet there is no minor echo of pain evident. This is the first time the echo has not arisen with thought alone. Could this be that even developing healthy mind control through mental exercise as Dr Sarno, Ellis and the Buddha have taught are not enough; that as important is a healthy body/living style, or at least healthy eating dependent upon the right foods for our body types/needs is also necessary for full recovery?

The mind may not be enough. The factor of what we consume may be  important and empowering to the support of the natural inclinations of the mind for dealing with our stresses and pains than just the obvious biological chemistry of nourishment in the obvious  or usual sense?

I have experimented with food choices for forty years now. I have always made mental notes of how they affected me, physically and emotionally (all or most of what influences how we feel) and discovered individual foods and food patterns to avoid. The RV is a refinement on my Paleo cooked diet, which was a refinement on a ketogenic, to a refinement on Dr Peter D'Adamo, on Atkins, on my original delving into Adelle Davis and Linda (forget last name). Has it been a journey of steady improvement and I am reaching the apex of my long sojourn? Or is this a Mxyzptlk-ian  anomaly? (aka mischievous Mister Mxyzptlk from Superman comics). It has been nearly a week free of pain.

Time will tell, but I am pumped! and for the moment I feel extremely encouraged but must stop for I am getting a flood of ideas on other possibilities that I must contemplate through meditation to better understand them.

Namaste,
Michael
• When I find time to rewrite the laws of physics there will finally be some changes made round here.
• The stupid are cocksure; the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell
• However the dice be tossed, we are ultimately responsible for our own death, unless that preverbal piano hammers us on the head.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk