Author Topic: Urine therapy nonsense  (Read 4162 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Urine therapy nonsense
« on: August 11, 2011, 04:43:57 pm »
Some of us here seem to go in for urine therapy. I've just read an article in German about a guy who got fired from his job once they found out about his urine-drinking:-

http://www.krone.at/Oesterreich/Urin-Therapie_bringt_Mann_um_seinen_Job_im_Belvedere-Pipi-Affaere-Story-282551?utm_source=krone.at&utm_medium=RSS-Feed&utm_campaign=%D6sterreich

Best to avoid such a practice.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Urine therapy nonsense
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 06:52:45 pm »
He musta been pissed off.  ;D

Thanks, I got the opportunity to use Google Translate as I use Google for my browser. Cool.

If someone decides to tell all his secrets in the workplace, hmmmmmmm

Some things are better left unsaid.

I don't tell about eating raw to everyone. I would never tell one former employer of mine that I ate raw because his son battled almost death with salmonella poisoning.

No point in trying to convince him as his mind was closed. If he knew that someone who was responsible for life and death situations not to mention financial health was eating something that he thought could kill (was potentially lethal), he was understandably not one to mess with.

Now you and I know this is not true, but he didn't.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 10:21:16 pm »
Urine therapy is a difficult undertaking ;D but it is very effective in cases of chronic illnesses. Not recommended for long term use especially for males, as the running back through the system of testosterone, can create issues.

It's a useful thing to be aware of for some people, however I would proffer that once the issue is dealt with, a healthier diet would be the way to go.
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 02:04:15 am »
At the very least it's a good thing to know about in case you get stuck in a mine or fall down a hole.  ;)

This brings up the subject of who y'all are willing to share your eating habits with. Do you tell only your most trusted friends, your health-care professionals or anyone where the subject comes up? I read in Lex's journal that although his teeth improved he wouldn't tell his dentist why. Have any members had bad results at work when it got out that they eat raw paleo? Has anyone broken off an important relationship over it? What are some of the most common reactions?

I just told my sister-in-law (one of the first times the subject came up.... because we were talking about curing cancer for one of her friends) and she said, "I'd never eat raw meat". My response was that I seemed to remember an entire rather large package of cold-smoked lox disappearing with a good deal of glee the last time she visited. Her response was, "Well, if I could live on just salmon and raspberries I'd do it."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 02:08:29 am »
I only tell close relatives, these days. Not a good idea to mention it at work.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 02:29:39 am »
This brings up the subject of who y'all are willing to share your eating habits with. Do you tell only your most trusted friends, your health-care professionals or anyone where the subject comes up? I read in Lex's journal that although his teeth improved he wouldn't tell his dentist why. Have any members had bad results at work when it got out that they eat raw paleo? Has anyone broken off an important relationship over it? What are some of the most common reactions?
Personally, I leak it out once in a while, but it's not a good idea.

As far as health care professionals.... you will be potentially called a number of things by people who don't have a clue what they are talking about. They will warn you that "you gonna die if you're not careful" without explaining careful ;D.

If you are paid to change the world or feel a calling from God to do same, then phone up the local radio station and have at it. You will hear it all. If you have children you will probably hear pushback.

Bacteria and the cooking to kill them is holy and indisputable to people.

My GF (and I) experienced a huge improvement in her vision from sungazing. However she did not mention it to her eye Doc. The eye Doc comes from a paradyme that says you never look at the sun and to tell her would have been too much. Also the Doc makes a living off of poor eyesight, not the curing of. I went to an eye doc once and he informed me that exercising the eyes was laughable.

Maybe if you experienced a huge improvement in health etc from the diet, (which a lot seem to) then you might consider telling a select few, but be forewarned you may spend time explaining the unexplainable. You will be potentially grilled (pun intended) as if you murdered someone. One friend of ours nearly drove us nuts asking questions and then told others so then more questions. ITSUPTOYOU

When I was a vege I had one fellow at a bar with a few beer in him give me a rough ride and looked like he wanted to fight when he somehow figured out I was a vege. People can be strange and there's no way of knowing how they will react. So I keep it to myself is my guide.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 02:41:17 am by raw-al »
Cheers
Al

Offline mhikl

• Egg Thief
  • Know History, not just your folklore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 11:50:59 am »
The open mind studies before the mouth chatters.
It is a difficult lesson for  many minds to understand.
Galileo & Ignaz Semmelweis—two men who opened doors for which they are cherished.
The world is full of learning when study is the true path to knowledge which so few follow.
• When I find time to rewrite the laws of physics there will finally be some changes made round here.
• The stupid are cocksure; the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell
• However the dice be tossed, we are ultimately responsible for our own death, unless that preverbal piano hammers us on the head.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk