Author Topic: Paleo Diet and Sinusitis  (Read 7696 times)

Offline docdmartin

• Forager
    • View Profile
Paleo Diet and Sinusitis
« on: November 10, 2011, 02:37:55 am »
I am an ear, nose & throat doctor and I am looking into a possible link between diet and sinus symptoms.  If you have suffered from chronic sinus symptoms, please fill out this survey.  I plan to use the results to design a study to look for a link.  Thank you.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FGJWTBX

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Paleo Diet and Sinusitis
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 02:49:12 am »
I am an ear, nose & throat doctor and I am looking into a possible link between diet and sinus symptoms.  If you have suffered from chronic sinus symptoms, please fill out this survey.  I plan to use the results to design a study to look for a link.  Thank you.

I suffered from sinus symptoms nearly 30 years. My experience is: The more sugar (all forms) and dairy the more slime.

No sinus problems at all (!) since I went high fat low carb raw PALEO. Low carb is the most important factor.

Löwenherz

Offline docdmartin

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 09:49:47 am »
Thanks everyone for replying.  Data looks good so far.  I could use more replies if you haven't done the survey yet.

Thanks.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 09:59:55 am »
    Correlations aren't always so apparent with other foods, but I have gotten a sinus cold from gluten and stuffy ears from heated cheese.

I was lactovegetarian for a couple months and got lots of oti during that time, had to do lots of raw garlic, ginger, peppers cloves etc to combat that grainy diet.

I don't need any spices for my health if  I atvoid pasteurized dairy.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Online goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 10:56:11 am »
Mucus production is a detox method.
No dietary pollution no mucus needed to be made.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline docdmartin

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 11:00:02 pm »
Happy New Year.

Thank you so much everyone.  I could still use more responses.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 08:33:49 pm »
Mucus production is a detox method.
No dietary pollution no mucus needed to be made.

"Dietary pollution" can also occur if you eat healthy, good raw foods but can't digest them properly. In such cases you "detox" good foods which became a burden..

Löwenherz

Offline docdmartin

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 03:03:56 am »
Thank you so much everyone. Data looks promising so far, but  I could still use more responses.

Offline docdmartin

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 02:19:50 am »
So far the results look great!  I'm bumping the thread to try and get over 100 responses total.  Thanks everyone!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 03:12:34 am »
I would be fascinated by your results, so if possible, we would like to see them or any conclusions. Even interim results might spark discussion here.

What are your immediate plans to do with the results?

I am not much help to you, as I am not one to have sinus issues. Not sure I ever have.

From my Ayurvedic background I would guess that dairy, sugar and grains would be the worst offenders.

Dairy generally, with raw dairy being less so,

Sugar as it is rarely raw and it causes problems for just about everybody.

Grains as they are generally not possible to eat raw.
Cheers
Al

Offline mhikl

• Egg Thief
  • Know History, not just your folklore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 09:23:22 am »
I suffered with stuffed sinuses and headaches since childhood. My system became addicted to Otrivin spray so I gave it up and just suffered. Five years ago I bought a pump and used that with a sodium solution and it cleaned out the cavities but the infection continued.

Then I tried adding Xylitol to the solution and the phlegm fell like sheets of water from my cavities. For the first time I could remember I could fall asleep at night not lying with my hand under my face pushing my cheek back so I could breathe. I haven't had any sinus problems since, and now I use a dollar store pump to spray my nostrils at night and in the morning.

As an aside, I had three flues and a at least five colds the winter before I started the Xylitol. I was never really prone to colds and flues, only sinus problems. Twas the windowless classroom in which I was teaching. The air would become acrid in the afternoons. I spent the next year in that room and had not one cold or flue though the students were often sick.

I haven't had so much as a sniffle since, not one cold, not one flue even with those in the house dropping round me this past year. To me it was a miracle. I had expected I would suffer the rest of my life—such was the my mother's curse.

Xylitol might put the good doctor out of business.
• When I find time to rewrite the laws of physics there will finally be some changes made round here.
• The stupid are cocksure; the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell
• However the dice be tossed, we are ultimately responsible for our own death, unless that preverbal piano hammers us on the head.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk