Author Topic: Yo Brits! What is the real story about the London Riots? Looting? Mayhem?  (Read 41536 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Yo Brits! What is the real story about the London Riots? Looting? Mayhem?
« Reply #150 on: August 23, 2011, 10:14:37 pm »
Oh, I read one explanation re that claim of yours, it was suggested somewhere that since whites form most of the US population, that they therefore likely formed most of the murder victims, and therefore that would explain the anomaly.
That answer is not even remotely related to his statement.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2011, 10:16:19 pm »
I should have added that responding to violence with (more) violence launch a vicious circle ending up in an escalation of violence. Probably in a so called “civilized” society there’s sometimes no other alternative, but within a tribe it would quickly be a disaster in which the whole tribe could be destroyed.

Shouldn’t a reasonable society inquire why a person acted with violence  and care of him/her (starting with proper nutrition and love!) instead of punishing him/her?  

Now that makes sense.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2011, 10:22:33 pm »
Some people are beyond redemption. Besides, I have nothing against vendettas, as they have been an intrinsic part of many societies in the past, tribal or otherwise.
So you are suggesting we should live like the inbred nutbars who have ancient tribal hatreds....?

Would be a bit confusing living on my street. There are a a wide variety of people with different national backgrounds. How the heck could you live in peace, which is what you suggested before, was your ultimate goal, if you want to live like inbred hillbillies...?
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2011, 01:20:57 am »
That answer is not even remotely related to his statement.
Actually it was. Cherimoya was saying that killers of white people were more likely to be executed than killers of blacks/hispanics.  I pointed out that since white people are greater in numbers than blacks/hispanics and also form far more of the victims, that therefore, statistically, one would expect killers of white people to be more likely to get a death-sentence, simply due to the numbers involved.

And, anyway, those studies I referred to in a previous post are pretty indicative of the wrongheadedness of the notion that the death penalty somehow is heavily biased against particular groups.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:09:10 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2011, 01:40:48 am »
So you are suggesting we should live like the inbred nutbars who have ancient tribal hatreds....?

Would be a bit confusing living on my street. There are a a wide variety of people with different national backgrounds. How the heck could you live in peace, which is what you suggested before, was your ultimate goal, if you want to live like inbred hillbillies...?

First of all, there are hundreds of fascinating modern societies in which vendettas occur, ranging from Albania to Corsica to Azerbaijan to the Mafias like the Dranghetta etc. etc. Vendettas were even common-place in such an eminently civilised society as Ancient Greece etc. Vendettas are a part of history, like it or not.

Secondly that "inbred hillbillies" remark is somewhat unfortunate since you have been making some easily avoidable grammatical errors in previous posts which I had to correct(eg:- "There is two directions for the contract with the child"!, since altered by me). One crime I can't stand is crime against grammar!  ;) :P

Hmm,  I have interestingly noted, in the past,that racist remarks are still considered acceptable in Western society provided they are  socially sanctioned. So it's usually considered OK to make jokes/snide remarks about blondes or redheads or Muslims or Arabs or even poor white farmers in the US(re the terms "rednecks/hillbillies")

As for vendettas, I suppose they would only occur if both the criminals and the law-abiders were similiarly armed. If criminals found it far more difficult to obtain weapons, then the law-abiders would be in control and quite safe.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:46:20 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2011, 03:15:21 am »
Actually it was. Cherimoya was saying that killers of white people were more likely to be executed than killers of blacks/hispanics.  I pointed out that since white people are greater in numbers than blacks/hispanics and also form far more of the victims, that therefore, statistically, one would expect killers of white people to be more likely to get a death-sentence, simply due to the numbers involved.

And, anyway, those studies I referred to in a previous post are pretty indicative of the wrongheadedness of the notion that the death penalty somehow is heavily biased against particular groups.

Blah blah blah, black/brown people don't matter, blah blah blah...yeah, we get it.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2011, 03:22:54 am »
Blah blah blah, black/brown people don't matter, blah blah blah...yeah, we get it.
As usual, you are just twisting what I said. And you utterly failed to address any of my main  points lately, preferring to just utter emotionally-based drivel. Besides,  all races "matter", not just two  of them.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:39:33 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2011, 03:47:05 am »
OK, it seems the original subject of the thread, the rioting, has long ago been dealt with by the police,  with the thread subsequently being hijacked onto totally unrelated subjects by non-UKers who were clearly largely unaware of what was actually going on in the riots. Best to just lock the thread as it's now just a pointless clash over politics.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:53:37 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk