Author Topic: Grassfed Beef in Ireland  (Read 6316 times)

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Grassfed Beef in Ireland
« on: April 23, 2010, 09:08:56 pm »
Wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a grassfed beef supplier in Ireland, or maybe a source in the UK that would deliver overseas? It seems all beef here are raised primarily on grains for the majority of the year, even organic.

Thanks!
feel, beyond the limitations of the mind, through the eyes of the soul

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Grassfed Beef in Ireland
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 11:35:47 pm »
I'm sorry that I can't help you, but... That is surprising to me that they are not just grain-finished... I thought most beef in the UK was raised on grass initially and then finished on grain. I thought that most lamb in the UK was fully grass-fed and grass-finished too. Am I incorrect? Is it just Ireland that is different to mainland UK?

(I realise Rep. is not in the UK, but it is right next to it...)
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 11:53:22 pm »
Pheasants hill farm in Comber Co Down has the best Grass Fed Organic Beef I've ever tasted, they do rare breed beef like Dexter and Irish Moile, arguably the best quality beef in the world.  I don't think they deliver though, give Alan a call though, tell him Conor (the guy who eats his meat raw) told you about it.

http://www.pheasantshillfarm.com/
The culture and civilization of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 04:36:24 pm »
great stuff cheers!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 04:52:27 pm »
When I was in the west of Ireland(Donegal) I would find vast numbers of sheep living wild off the heather. Unfortunately the farmers seemed to be solely interested in annually counting the sheep so that they could get kickbacks from the EU just for having them. I didn't see any shearing of wool or use of them for meat but they would have been ideal as local meat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline needs_and_wants

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 12:31:42 am »
Ok, im now on the lookout for raw unpasteurized cultured goats or sheeps butter.. its proving quite difficult to locate. Any1 know of any sources in IRE or the UK?

Cheers again

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 10:48:56 pm »
I couldn't find any so I made my own from sheeps milk, it has a much higher fat content than cow or goat but will not seperate like cows milk so ideally you need a cream seperator (Manual - approx £100) to get a good yield.  So guess you need to find some raw sheeps milk from someone in your area.
The culture and civilization of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline whatever

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 02:33:58 am »
Nice, the meat I eat is eko friendly and from Ireland I thought it was grass fed :-(.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 01:36:35 am »
Here is a simple way to make butter from goat milk if you don't have a separator:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap76J9CYMHs&feature=player_embedded

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk