Author Topic: New to this and need a place to start.  (Read 3237 times)

Offline chuck5855

• Forager
    • View Profile
New to this and need a place to start.
« on: June 27, 2014, 12:35:42 pm »
Hello everyone!

This is my first time commenting on this forum. I have a couple of questions. I was going to try to go through this forum to answer my questions but there is too much info to go through and I wasn't sure where to start since I don't frequent forums.

1). I have been studying for about 10 years via books, web sites etc... The paleo diet, Weston Price principles, The Primal Diet (Aajonus) and a few other diets/concepts along those lines regarding  nutrition and health. Eventually it led me to study Dr. Howell and enzymes and other disciplines such as biology and anthropology. These last three led me to taking all the good aspects of all the diets and concepts listed above and coming up with what I believe is a pretty good diet. Most importantly a diet of RAW MEATS and OTHER ANIMAL FOODS. This seems so politically incorrect these days in such a politically correct world ie....veganism.  I know some people eat vegetables and fruit and some do not. There are different opinions regarding raw foods to be eaten and I realize that, but I need a place to start. I have all this knowledge about diet and it's led me to this WONDERFUL site but I've never tried the ultimate diet which is RAW PALEO. So, WHERE DO I START? Do I go down to Whole Foods and just start eating raw beef? How much? How often? Any suggestions to get me started?

2). What do you all say to people who claim that cooking vegetables and fruits makes the food and nutrients in the food more bioavailable and In some cases actually enhances the amount of vitamins and minerals in food? Such is the case in Jo Robinson's book "eating on the wild side" where she claims cooking blueberries lines up the blah blah blah and actually increases the antioxidant content.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: New to this and need a place to start.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:47 pm »
1. Sure, Whole Foods has grassfed beef and lamb plus wild-caught seafood. It's not uncommon for food to be eaten raw, such as sashimi or steak tartare. Enjoy!

2. Nothing.  I don't try to convince people that they are wrong and I am right. There's probably some truth to some of the differing opinions. I'm not trying to be perfect, but raw paleo really works for me.

Welcome!
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 02:07:05 pm »
You could do cooked paleo diet correctly first. (should be super easy)
Then make all the fruits and vegetables raw.
Then cook your meats and sea food less and less until it is raw.
I gravitate to more raw fruit than raw vegetables.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 03:47:24 pm »
Here are several posts on how to get started

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

Bear in mind that everybody's circumstances are different, so everyone does different types of  raw diets.

It is true that cooking vegetables allows the cell-membranes to be destroyed thus unlocking some of the nutrients held in them. Cooking grains and vegetables  also reduces the levels of antinutrients in them. However, the very act of cooking also creates heat-created toxins which nullify any possible benefits re cooking. Plus, the more one cooks, the lower the nutrient-levels become, so one should only ever steam lightly any raw plant-foods. Cooking fruits at all is a no-no, as only nutritional deficits result therefrom.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline chuck5855

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 12:08:53 am »
Thank you everyone for the great info. This will give me a starting point.

Offline chuck5855

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 01:15:21 am »
So I'm gonna start with a raw Delmonico steak fresh from whole foods. Should I use salt and pepper, some kinda of rub, or marinate it? Should I eat breakfast lunch and dinner this way? As far as the raw chicken, does anyone do it? Does anyone worry about or been sick from salmonella?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 01:31:10 am »
So I'm gonna start with a raw Delmonico steak fresh from whole foods. Should I use salt and pepper, some kinda of rub, or marinate it? Should I eat breakfast lunch and dinner this way?

I don't know what a Delmonico steak is, as it's a regional name, but if it's expensive, you can go for a cheaper cut. The idea is that meat gets tough when it's cooked, but raw meat is easier to chew, so don't pay for tenderness if you're not going to cook the meat. Just make sure you are getting 100% grassfed beef.

You don't need to flavor the meat because it has its own good flavor. However, some people do add flavorings, but it seems like an awful fuss.

I don't eat beef-beef-beef all day long. Actually, I don't eat three meals per day, more like two meals. I can't get chicken that hasn't been fed feedlot food (usually corn and soy, not the natural diet of a chicken). Fish and seafood is good. You might have to search for what's available at butchers in your area.

Other foods that might be new to you are bone marrow and organ meats. Experiment from parts of the whole animal.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk