Author Topic: What exactly does the primal diet consist of?  (Read 7613 times)

JaX

What exactly does the primal diet consist of?
« on: November 09, 2008, 03:38:14 am »
Can someone please just give a short summary of the diet? I know its raw fatty meats and organ meats, along with raw dairy and honey, and some vegetable juice. How much of each though. How much vegetable juice and of what vegetables? Dark green? Does he recommend any fruit at all and what quantities? What about the honey: how much and how often. Meats/fish - which species and part and how much daily?

Just a little but specific introduction would be really nice. Thanks.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: What exactly does the primal diet consist of?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 08:36:15 am »
Buy his 2 books.  It's worth it.

Aajonus likes dairy and it works for him.  I have experimented with raw cow milk, raw carabao milk and raw goat milk and they make me gassy.

He likes raw honey.

He says only one serving of fruit a day.

Aajonus likes juicing greens.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 08:54:47 pm »
Aajonus doesn't really specify what type of meats or fish, just suggests that people eat whatever they like(though, actually, his recipes mostly contain meats that are quite lean, I think?). Same goes for greens, he sometimes recommends things like parsley or celery, but mostly, just recommends against juicing(or eating) too much fruit.

Oh, and Aajonus also recommends raw coconut cream a lot(made with the Greenstar  juicer, I believe?)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:49:57 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 05:42:39 am »
He has exact percentages of what he thinks you should eat in his book. It's broken down by caloric percentage and then he gives sample menus. Usually it's about 8 ounces of green juice in the morning and maybe a pound or 2 pounds of meat throughout the day with a couple of milkshakes or moisturizing formulas (butter with lemon juice eggs and honey).

I don't know why but he seems to not acknowledge things like suet or other fat as a way to get fat in the diet and that's why he relies on dairy so much, particularly butter. You'd think after all this time he'd realize that eating lean cuts is not eating the whole animal and that if he did he would be getting enough fat to cut out the dairy fats. For some reason he has a penchant for dairy that I don't understand; as soon as I learned about suet and how cheap it is (cheaper than meat and dairy both) I realized I could cut out dairy and still get plenty of calories and plenty of fat.

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 04:27:53 pm »
"I created the following paradigm from 33 years of experience, experimentation and research:

An optimal diet would be all organically grown raw food consisting daily of 4-6 ounces of fruit with raw fat consumed mid-day, 1-2 pounds or more of raw meat (red meat, and/or seafood, and/or fowl), 1/2-2 lbs. of raw fat (cream, unsalted butter, coconut cream juiced from coconut meat, eggs, unsalted cheese, coconut, avocado, oils cold-pressed below 96° F.) especially raw eggs, and coconut, and 2-4 cups of raw green vegetable juices, and possibly, rarely, one salad eaten as the last meal of a day once a week or once a month.

My suggested general eating schedule would be:
After waking drink I cup green vegetable juices.
1 hour later, eat 6-10 ounces raw meat with raw fat such as raw butter, raw cream, raw egg, etc.
Next, 45-90 minutes later, drink a blended milk shake consisting of 2-4 raw eggs, 3-6 ounces raw milk, 2 ounces raw cream and 1 Tablespoon unheated honey.
At least 1 hour later, drink another 1 cup of green vegetable juices.
At least 1 hour later, eat 6-10 ounces raw meat with raw fat such as raw butter, raw cream, raw egg, etc.
Next, 45-90 minutes later, eat 4-6 ounces of fruit with 3-6 ounces of either, or a combination of, raw cream, raw coconut cream, raw butter, or avocado.
At least 1 hour later, eat 6-10 ounces raw meat with raw fat such as raw butter, raw cream, raw egg, etc.
Next, 45-90 minutes later, drink a blended Moisturizing formula consisting of 1-2 raw eggs, 1 teaspoon unheated honey, 1-2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice, 2-4 ounces of either raw butter, raw cream or raw coconut cream.

Another schedule-option consisting of only two meat meals per day is:
After waking drink I cup green vegetable juices.
1 hour later, eat 8-14 ounces raw meat with raw fat such as raw butter, raw cream, raw egg, etc.
Next, 45-90 minutes later, drink a blended milk shake consisting of 2-4 raw eggs, 3-6 ounces raw milk, 2 ounces raw cream and 1 Tablespoon unheated honey.
At least 1 hour later, eat 4-6 ounces of fruit with 3-6 ounces of either, or a combination of, raw cream, raw coconut cream, raw butter, or avocado.
At least 1 hour later, eat 8-14 ounces raw meat with raw fat such as raw butter, raw cream, raw egg, etc.
Next, 45-90 minutes later, drink a blended Moisturizing formula consisting of 1-2 raw eggs, 1 teaspoon unheated honey, 1-2 Tablespoons lemon or lime juice, 2-4 ounces of either raw butter, raw cream or raw coconut cream.
At least 1 hour later, drink another 1 cup of green vegetable juices."

taken from:
http://www.wewant2live.com/site/811618/page/380973
It’s time to Eat Like An Animal!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 08:15:10 am »
Buy his 2 books.  It's worth it.

Aajonus likes dairy and it works for him.  I have experimented with raw cow milk, raw carabao milk and raw goat milk and they make me gassy.

He likes raw honey.

He says only one serving of fruit a day.

Aajonus likes juicing greens.

You might consider having some ginger or turmeric to help with the gas problem.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk