Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 3854 times)

Offline Funky Raw Rob

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Funky Raw - my raw food online shop
Hello everyone
« on: April 20, 2012, 04:09:32 pm »
Hi

Many years ago I started out on the raw food path, starting as a raw vegan, then progressing to raw vegetarian and then to omnivore. It was a Weston Price conference that I went to that got me to start eating meat again. I currently eat fish raw, along with a little bit of cooked meat - at some point I will try raw meat!

For about 6 years, I have been running a raw food business and publishing a raw food magazine, Funky Raw. The magazine covers all aspects of the raw food movement, but lacking is raw paleo. So I'm here to see if any of you more experienced raw paleo dieters are up for writing an article/articles for the magazine? At the moment, there is no payment to any of the authors, still a small magazine, but you do get a free copy of the magazine, plus a 10% discount at the Funky Raw shop.

I guess as  I'm new here I can't post links, so if anyone is interested you can email me at magazine@funkyraw.com

cheers, Rob

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 05:49:02 pm »
I think it's OK to post links, it's just not allowed for those with only a very few posts to have a signature. This is solely to prevent spammers from annoying us.

I'm interested in writing an article or two. Not sure if I'm that good a writer, though.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Isthmus

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 10:53:51 pm »
Hello Rob,

A massive welcome to you... yours has been a similar path to mine (and I think a few others at that). I too went through a vegan phase, and found that raw foods were always best for me, however something still wasn't right, which brought me to where I am now.

You say you are from Funky Raw?! I have been ordering masses of honey from there for a while now! ... I absolutely love it, fantastic stuff :D

Offline Funky Raw Rob

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 02:00:08 am »
Hi Tyler
Great, just try writing something and see what happens. I'm happy to edit it, and give suggestions for better ways of writing. (Not that I'm the best writer in the world, just that I ended up publishing a magazine so had to learn!)

Ok, I'll try the link then, for anyone interested in writing for the magazine, there is more info here: http://www.funkyraw.com/magazine/contributing.php

Hi Isthmus

Yes, there seems to be a lot of ex-vegans around! It was great to start with, but really didn't work for me for the long term.
Glad you like our honey! I love honey, and the stuff we sell is some of the best I've ever tasted, and the same with the pollen...

Rob

Offline Funky Raw Rob

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 09:12:59 pm »
Last night, I ate raw chicken liver for the first time ever! I marinated it in lemon juice for 2 hours before eating. Can't believe I finally did it. Wasn't that hard, I've just been afraid of raw meat due to societies general fears around it.
Rob

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 05:08:09 pm »
Congrats in taking the leap! Did you like the taste?
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
  • May we all prosper in optimal health!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 12:56:53 am »
hello all i found out about this awesome diet from the cure manual website.I havent as of yet,started the diet.I will officially tomorrow.I have diabetes and i was looking for something that would free me from this disease forever,i think ive found it.I like to thank all of the people that made me being here possible(The family Healer,raw palaeo guy)If theres anyone that has issues as mine and who are willing to share their experience with me it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Blackrhino
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline Funky Raw Rob

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 04:59:07 am »
Congrats in taking the leap! Did you like the taste?

It was ok. Not my favourite food in the world, but not bad either. I marinated it in lemon juice for a couple of hours and ate it with some salad.

Rob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk