Author Topic: Eating cats and dogs  (Read 4128 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Eating cats and dogs
« on: April 22, 2013, 03:19:58 am »
anyone tried this? What about raw?

The mountain men say they best meat is from wild cats and dogs. And they usually eat it raw.
-----------

Offline Spirit Bear

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Eating cats and dogs
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 11:25:50 am »
I prefer not eating other predators, I think it strays slightly away from the natural paradigm of hunter and hunted. By no means do I think this is the only way it could or should be. Some omnivores like pigs seem to universally be thought of as delicious, but to my knowledge dogs and cats are not usually preferred, both for social reasons and because of the toughness and taste of the meat. A few people have told me they tried a stew made with dog in Korea, and that they did not like it.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 12:51:12 am »
The mountain men say they best meat is from wild cats and dogs. And they usually eat it raw.

What mountain men do you know? Have you watched them eat a wild cat or dog raw? I've eaten fox and fisher, but they were cooked. I've also skinned a wild coyote, and it was slithering with worms, including round worms in its muscle and tapeworms within its digestive tract. I wouldn't touch its meat without cooking it to kill at least some of those parasites.

Like Spirit Bear, I shy away from omnivores. I stick to herbivores, particularly grazing animals, for my animal foods.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 03:29:54 am »
of all the foods known to the mountain men, the flesh of the cougar or mountain lion, known as "painter meat," was said to be the best of all

http://www.paleostyle.co.il/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Holston%201973%20The%20diet%20of%20the%20mountain%20man.pdf
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 03:30:56 am »
the meat of dogs was considered second in flavor to that of the cougar,

(continued quote)
-----------

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 07:38:24 am »
The neighbor kids started a rumor that I ate dogs.

I did butcher a fox once and tried a little of it.
It had a strong taste, neither bad or good.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 02:40:38 pm »
Don't ever eat a fox! They go around houses, eat garbage, garbage fed poultry and get sick, even rabies.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 04:42:28 pm »
Don't ever eat a fox! They go around houses, eat garbage, garbage fed poultry and get sick, even rabies.
Err, that's only urban foxes. Foxes in the wild should be fine.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 06:24:24 pm »
In total and vast wilderness where no humans live, sure. But even in the most remote countryside, foxes hang around villages and are notorious to catch and eat poultry. If they were eating mine only, then I would eat those foxes as well...   ;) 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk