Author Topic: I keep losing weight!  (Read 64745 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: I keep losing weight!
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2012, 12:05:21 am »
GS, what SPLEEN enhancing foods do U eat? I look the definition (also after talk with my acupuncture doctor) it is steam veggies and beans...

Try this PDF file http://www.eastmountain.ca/3spleenyang.pdf

Lately I've been drinking the hot soup stocks I prepare for my 11 year old boy.
The fermented ginger at meals.... this is really something... the mere taste and I can feel the stimulation.
I also make ginger teas, good for business clients too... more warmth.
And I try to follow that PDF above, less cooling fruits...
And the food temperature thing.  I've stopped eating my fruits, vegs and meats refrigerator icy cold... and stopped drinking ice cold lemonade.
I'm also taking ginseng supplements every morning... the warm thing works.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:15:19 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2012, 07:31:08 pm »
Farmed fish is virtually free of parasites, wild fish like salmon on the other hand will almost always have them (more than 50%). I'm just not sure if wild fish is always frozen specifically with the goal to kill the parasites; more likely not, unless it's meant for eating it raw (e.g. sushi or raw herring). Herring for example has to be frozen immediately by law, even though then it is typically kept in brine for a long time.

Yes, true.
Wildcaught mackerels from Norway that I sometimes get here are very often full of parasites.
I just try to pick them away the best I can but eat the heads and fish raw anyways. I never got any ill effects yet. I eat sweet water fishes too that can have parasites, raw at times, at least the heads as a smoothie. I am doing this as a personal experiment to see what the parasites are doing to me. So far I feel just great and nothing is moving in the toilet either..  :o
I have done it almost a year now.. we will see where this goes. At least I have no problem holding my weight. I actually have gained some this fall, but I am thinking it is just natural to do so, every animal gain in fall too. I am confident I will lose the few pounds this winter..
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 03:56:23 am by TylerDurden »

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2012, 05:09:10 pm »
i'd like to start by saying that i am not a breastfeeding mother, nor will i ever be (i am a father).  i am not a professional or school educated dietitian, and these facts may make me the least qualified person to be posting in this topic.  i started reading some of the posts, but lack the energy to read all seven pages of replies.  if i sound like an idiot, if you think i'm crazy, or if anyone disagrees, this is not the thread to debate, please pass over this reply... i merely wish to offer my opinion.  i apologize if i repeat something i did not read.

i interpret there being two parts of your original post:
as far as your concern about producing enough milk for your child, a quick google search of "what foods increase breastmilk production", will bring up plenty of articles relating to this.  these foods have nothing to do with you gaining (or losing) weight, just that they help increase milk production.  whatever dietary course you choose, it may be prudent to include some of these food items in your menu.

as far as you gaining weight, i would be wary of consuming large amounts of foods that are so high in fat (like recommended by some)...  keeping in mind there are fats that are "good", and fats that are "not so good".  consuming large amounts of saturated fats (like found in dairy and animal products) can have negative effects on your health, even if taken with the interest of gaining weight.  unsaturated fats would be a better option, but keep in mind that there are healthy limits to the amounts of each you consume.  eating fats, may not be the best way to "get fat", especially if you lounge around inactive (in an effort to not burn the fats you're consuming).  i feel, in the interest of gaining healthy weight, activity is better than lounging, since gaining muscle mass is better than gaining fat mass...  this does not mean you need to pursue bodybuilding activities.  if food / nutrient absorption is a problem, an active lifestyle would cause you to crave and consume even more food, increasing your chances of getting what you need nutrutionally.

excessive calorie consumption, whether you are active or inactive, will cause unused calories to be stored as fat.  this is why people who are trying to lose weight, and are on a low fat diet, may not lose weight, because their calorie consumption exceeds their body's needs.  this explains why sometimes, a person can gain weight on a low fat diet... too many calories.

if you, and your doctor, have established how many calories your body needs on a daily basis (whatever your metabolism rate is), then consume more calories than you need in your diet, and include those foods on the "increasing breastmilk production" lists you can find online in your menu.  if eating large amounts of foods makes you feel ill, then choose foods that are highest in calories, you will need to eat less of these, therefore the amount of foods you eat will be less, with the same caloric effect.

if your current diet plan (whether raw, or cooked) doesn't provide you with what you need to maintain a healthy weight, you should reconsider your diet.  tailor a menu that meets your personal needs, and go with that.  if the foods on the breastmilk production list are not part of your personal diet plan, you should remember that caring for your child takes priority over everything else, even your desire to participate in a particular diet style...  modify your diet to allow your child, and yourself, to be healthy.  when your child is weened, and no longer dependant on you for food "production", you can try a different diet to satisfy you.

if, for your own immediate needs, find you should cleanse, detoxify, or deparasite, then produce as much milk as you can prior, pump it, and store it, for your child to use while you go through this process.

good luck, and best of health to both mother, and child.

"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2012, 11:58:20 pm »
I would like to see from what sources you have determined that saturated fats aren't good for you health, in any amount.  I am speaking of raw and from healthy animal sources, such as grass fed.   And what unsaturated fats you're promoting.  thanks

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2012, 06:21:54 am »
bookittyrun,
If you read the thread you would discover what some of us guys may not intuitively know which is that breast feeding mothers are not in need of an exercise routine and someone who has a slight small build is hardly likely to suffer from excessive fat consumption. Lounging around all day is not likely to happen.

Very few if any here are trained as a nutritionist and my experience is that those who are don't know if they were punched or bored. The ones I know are generally anywhere from overweight to bordering on obese. They typically work in hospitals and I don't think it is necessary to talk about the food they dish out there. It's as if they are feeding people what put them there in the first place.

Nutritionists will strongly advise against eating raw. Ignorance is bliss.
Cheers
Al

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2012, 06:53:27 am »
bookityrun, you sound so much like me when I first started the diet lol.

I used to toute the benefits of unsaturated fats, and evils of saturated fats, as promoted by the medical industry.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2012, 01:36:15 pm »
for those who wish to comment to me, please find a new thread in the "omnivorous raw paleo diet" section...  i would like to keep this thread on track...

continue to offer personal advice to this original poster.
thanks!
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 25, 2012, 08:13:04 am »
bookittyrun

it is no problem, I don't mind going OT on my thread if I can learn something.

Foods that promote breast milk production are a good thought for sure. I am making sure I do eat some, but for the most part, only herbs like fennel, cumin or fenugreek really help.

[quote if the foods on the breastmilk production list are not part of your personal diet plan, you should remember that caring for your child takes priority over everything else, even your desire to participate in a particular diet style...  modify your diet to allow your child, and yourself, to be healthy.  when your child is weened, and no longer dependant on you for food "production", you can try a different diet to satisfy you.][/quote]

Fortunately, the best diet for me is also best for my child. Any diet that would satisfy all my (healthy) needs, will benefit him too. I full transitioned to this diet because I wanted to make sure he gets good breastmilk, not grain fed SAD breastmilk :)

I get most of my fat from raw butter. For weight gain I also eat some carbs like sweet potato and carrot (some other carbs suggested here are hard to find :(), honey, avocado, coconut cream.

It seems to me, that my past diet messed with my digestion in a way that my body does not use and store nutrients and calories well. I do think this is improving though, since I have been able to at least hold my weight on less calories than a while ago (I ate up to 3700, now I need much less to maintain).

I eat more honey and butter and gained a little bit of weight. I went from 46,5 kg to 48,5....BUT I haven't checked my weight recently, so that might have changed.
Good thing is that I DID gain at least some weight though.

Lounging is what I would do if I weren't chasing a toddler  ;D I have never been this active, aside from when I was young maybe and still into sports and horses.
I must at least have a lot of muscle on my arms, because when I go places I have to hold him for hours often. 5 was the longest I held his 25lbs body. Oh and he is so fast and wants to be chased around the house, jump on top of me, get into things... ;)

I don't think I will be doing any strong detoxes any time soon. I don't really pump, I hate it ^^ and I never fed him with a bottle...I am not sure he would be okay eating this way for more than just a few times/ half a day.
He eats more solids now, he prefers meat and fruits, but still needs a lot of milky.

Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk