Author Topic: Vomiting after meal: Newbie (4 days into RPD)  (Read 9795 times)

Offline letsdoiteczema

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Call me LDIE for short =)
    • View Profile
    • Healing from severe suicidal eczema
Vomiting after meal: Newbie (4 days into RPD)
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:39:55 pm »
Hi everyone, this is my first post so might as well introduce myself before outlining my problem.

I've been into high-fat raw vegan, then 80 10 10 (with some cooked vegan meals) which caused my eczema to get better at first, then deteriorate after a couple of months, then I've stumbled onto RPD (on my 4th day).

Just vomited once (feel fine after vomiting, wasn't even painful) after a meal of:
1) Raw beef (first time swallowing the hard/tough fat to try - guess I know now that this was a mistake)
2) Raw honey (3-4 tablespoons, extremely sweet, might cause my vomiting as well?!)
3) Raw salmon after I got tired of raw beef
4) Strongly craved oranges, bananas (I know it is not good to eat fruits after meat, but craving was too strong!)

So I need some advice, what am I doing wrong? Usually these few days, I will eat a medium portion of fruit (1/2 of what I used to eat in 80/10/10), then I will eat raw meat/fish/eggs until I'm full.

Thank you all in advance for replies, and I'm so glad I stumbled on RPD. I know RPD is my answer, experienced 50% better results with my eczema around my bod, especially fingertips are all healed from deep cracks. I would like to ask for advice on transitioning from 80 10 10/cooked low-fat vegan to RPD. I hope I haven't done too much damage to my body through veganism!

Has the fat digestibility of my body gone down too far so it can't handle the raw beef fat? Should I use lemon/raw apple cider vinegar to marinade and "pre-digest" raw fat for easier digestion? Many thanks!!
Wishing everyone the best in health and happiness! much love to all!

My severe suicidal eczema healing blog: http://eczemabye.weebly.com/

CitrusHigh

Re: Vomiting after meal: Newbie (4 days into RPD)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 12:30:48 am »
You  might want to try raw butter if you can get it and if you tolerate raw dairy but otherwise try raw eggs, they're easily digestible so even if you have a reduced ability to digest fats they should help get some nutrition in to you and help with rehab.

You probably haven't damaged your body in a huge way, you may just have a very sensitive system, IMHO most people who have eczema do, and you'll just have to treat it gently and give it time. 4 days is not long at all.

When I came to raw animal foods from 19 years of SAD,  I would experience regular detox effects which mostly manifested as very bad flu symptoms, but these gradually became less in frequency, duration and intensity until present day (last month was 4 years mostly RAF) where I do not get sick at all unless I cheat too much (alcohol, sugar, starches).

Give it time, and listen to your body, it will adjust and purging is simply part of the process. I didn't vomit too much over the last 4 years of detox (and naturally I'm still detoxing heavy metals and other stubborn toxins, but am rid of the bulk of accumulation, I feel) but on the few occasions that I did, it felt good afterwards. It was like, that was that, and then there was improvement.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 05:02:21 am »
after eating pound of raw beef, if you eat raw egg yolks (couple of them together), then it is easy to control of craving fruits.  You can try some organs to eat different time. But start slowly.   
bugs or country chickens

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 05:20:02 am »
Sometimes beef gristle/tendon can cause me to vomit too.  I would just avoid it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 07:55:24 am »
If you are still in transition from being a SAD eater to a raw paleo dieter, it takes time.  There is a section here for newbies so that you can adjust.

I got started just with fruits, raw eggs and raw sea food because mentally and culturally, raw sea food was something I already ate lots of during my SAD days in expensive Japanese restaurants.

It took me some time to adjust to raw red meats, like cooking less and less seconds of my steak until I could take it raw.

If I had completely raw beef at day 1 - 4 of my raw paleo diet introduction, I would have vomited too.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline letsdoiteczema

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Call me LDIE for short =)
    • View Profile
    • Healing from severe suicidal eczema
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 02:39:45 pm »
Thank you thank you to everyone who responded. Especially Edwin, thank you for creating the Curemanual website and this forum and for being so selfless in spreading the message. I hope in the near future I can get healed and contribute to the spreading of RPD as well, people nowadays have strayed so far from our natural diet and have suffered so much (unnecessarily)!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, I didn't vomit anymore after that one time last night, and actually thinking back, the experience was very strange to me because last night's vomiting didn't involve any stomach/intestinal pain. It just all came out 30 seconds after I started salivating - easily and pain-free, I think my body is telling me that it hasn't adjusted to digesting the raw tough tendons/fat yet. I will stick to mostly eggs/seafood for now.

Thanks again everyone! Glad to be part of this forum.
Wishing everyone the best in health and happiness! much love to all!

My severe suicidal eczema healing blog: http://eczemabye.weebly.com/

Offline whatever

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 04:03:21 pm »
Glad to hear it goes better, I think it takes 2+ weeks for your body to change to a new different diet. 811 is pretty extreme so maybe it is better to take small steps and increase the rpd over a few days and decrease the 811 stuff. I never did 811, came from raw-vegan didn't have much problems with rawbeef (none :-) ).

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 11:33:17 pm »
    Maybe it was the salmon? I vomited one time after raw clams. It was painless and didnt smell.

I came from vegan and didn't try beef until two months in, and then got a reaction more in thought than physical. I didn't try beef again till a couple years later. I did try bison though and it's meat is fine for me raw. Its glands have precipitated vomiting.

Bananas always made me nauseous unless I was raw vegan. Oranges have always been too acidic for my stomach unless mixed with raw cream, egg unheated honey.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:57:36 pm by TylerDurden »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 12:04:22 am »
I noticed that after doing RVLC for long periods of time, that my own ability to digest (raw) carbs decreased significantly because of the lack of gut-bacteria needed to digest those carbs - it needed some time of carb-eating(some weeks/months?) before my gut-bacteria/digestion of carbs went back to normal. I have assumed, up till now, that a lot of those on long-term raw vegan diets might also often have a similiar problem with not being able to properly digest raw animal foods, at first. I take it that's correct?  I suppose recommending raw seafood and raw eggs at first might be an option for the latter.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 09:06:36 am »
Thank you thank you to everyone who responded. Especially Edwin, thank you for creating the Curemanual website and this forum and for being so selfless in spreading the message. I hope in the near future I can get healed and contribute to the spreading of RPD as well, people nowadays have strayed so far from our natural diet and have suffered so much (unnecessarily)!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, I didn't vomit anymore after that one time last night, and actually thinking back, the experience was very strange to me because last night's vomiting didn't involve any stomach/intestinal pain. It just all came out 30 seconds after I started salivating - easily and pain-free, I think my body is telling me that it hasn't adjusted to digesting the raw tough tendons/fat yet. I will stick to mostly eggs/seafood for now.

Thanks again everyone! Glad to be part of this forum.

Many others receive credit for the raw paleo diet forum.

Tyler Durden / Geoff Purcell (the boss man) directs the whole show for the raw paleo diet forum and started this all.  He gets into a lot of heated arguments.  But hey, he tirelessly runs this show and deserves our thanks!

The other global moderators do the actual moderation. And the moderators. Plus everyone combined whose selfless reporting of experiences and opinions, arguments.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:20:35 pm by TylerDurden »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 11:04:19 am »
urden / Geoff Purcell (the boss man) directs the whole show for the raw paleo diet forum and started this all.  He gets into a lot of heated arguments.  But hey, he tirelessly runs this show and deserves our thanks!
True, true, it takes someone extremely committed to stick with it for a longish time and that's the benefit of the true believers.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 05:54:36 pm »
I noticed that after doing RVLC for long periods of time, that my own ability to digest (raw) carbs decreased significantly because of the lack of gut-bacteria needed to digest those carbs - it needed some time of carb-eating(some weeks/months?) before my gut-bacteria/digestion of carbs went back to normal. I have assumed, up till now, that a lot of those on long-term raw vegan diets might also often have a similiar problem with not being able to properly digest raw animal foods, at first. I take it that's correct?  I suppose recommending raw seafood and raw eggs at first might be an option for the latter.

Which carbs did you take to overcome this problem and how much? Did you take RS?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 04:39:30 pm »
Which carbs did you take to overcome this problem and how much? Did you take RS?
No RS afaik, I have never believed in that notion. I just consumed  lots of berries(blueberries, raspberries, cherries) and sometimes some other raw fruits. I rarely eat raw vegetables. (I am on holiday, so cannot answer questions for another  11 days or so.)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2014, 07:36:08 am »

While TD apparently didn't consume much in the way of starchy plant foods, raw fruits, veggies and tree foods do also contain fermentable fibers (like pectins, fructans, gums,  polysaccharides and oligosaccharides, for example) that are similar to RS, though also different. Most or all of the fermentable fibers supposedly help by feeding beneficial bacteria, though if one's gut is seriously messed up, they might also theoretically feed pathogenic bacteria if pathogenic infection is not first reduced.

Increasingly, scientific research on the human microbiome is pointing to diversity as a key factor in good health. Thus, it may make sense to consume a wide variety of foods rich in fermentable fibers that in turn will feed a wide variety of GI microbiota. Biodiversity appears to be important not only for the external environment, but also the internal.

Believe it or not, raw meats also contain fermentable animal fibers that also feed beneficial gut bacteria. I suspect that this is one reason that rawists tend to be able to follow meat-heavy VLC diets for longer than coctivores without serious negative side effects.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:45:56 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk