Author Topic: Fish head smoothie Video  (Read 24951 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Fish head smoothie Video
« on: November 05, 2014, 11:53:57 pm »
Just made this. A miracle food for me :) :)

http://youtu.be/CEq8Yc5tk3s

Fish head smoothie

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:18:24 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Fish head smoothie Video
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 12:11:02 am »
Inger, for laugh, you should check out Utube and search for Dan Akroyd's Saturday Night Live presentation of the Bassamatic.   I think you'll laugh hard. If you have problems finding it, let me know,and I'll look it up for you.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 12:20:42 am »
I am thankful for this video you made about the fish head smoothie.
Inspiring and will post on Facebook.
This I have to try in my healing protocols.
Share with my healer friends.
Name the drink after you.

How often should one drink fish head smoothies?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 01:12:00 am »
Van... lol.. I think I have seen the bassomatic video...lol it is an old one black and white, no? It was funny ;)

GS,
you can drink the fish head smoothie every day if you want! I am certain it will not hurt you :) :)
It is a bit like drinking raw bone broth? But waaay better as you get it from fatty fish and the fish brain and eyes are awesome!!!! :)
It is especially great for mood... I would say a wonder medicine for depression!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 02:48:28 am »
I can only manage to consume the heads of fish that are very small indeed. Anything the size of sardines or above I cannot stand as I get fish-scales stuck in my throat etc. Yuck!!!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 07:16:57 am »
Tyler, just remove the fish scales then.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 07:24:32 am »
Tyler, just remove the fish scales then.
I find too many of them so do not bother. I anyway prefer scaleless fish such as swordfish anyway.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:04:41 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 08:49:47 pm »
I can only manage to consume the heads of fish that are very small indeed. Anything the size of sardines or above I cannot stand as I get fish-scales stuck in my throat etc. Yuck!!!
well... Tyler.. that is why I do the fish head smoothie. I can just drink it down! Nothing get stuck in my throat.. and I get all the nutrients from the fish bone and skin and other parts of the head. You could do fish head smoothie too :)
I do not eat sword fish. It is one of the most contaminated fish out there. I prefer smaller fish like herring, mackerel and sardines. I am not too scared of heavy metals, as I believe a healthy body can clear them, but I still would not eat the worst fishes if I had another choice. I do not care about taste. If I have to choose in between taste and health... my health always comes first.......... (Francois will not like this... I know... -d )

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 05:51:35 am »
Whoa, sword fish the most contaminated? link please?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 05:58:33 am »
I presume she is  a devout believer in the mercury in fish myth.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 06:16:31 am »

Most of the "most contaminated" fish lists are based on that species' location on the food chain. The higher up the food chain, the more mercury is bioaccumulated. There are corroborating lab tests that actually measure samples of various ocean fish species, but most of the fish lists are based on the general theory, not on sampling.

The human body's response to ingesting mercury is another matter entirely.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 07:49:19 am »
I presume she is  a devout believer in the mercury in fish myth.

No, she’s not! You’ve got to read Inger’s post properly:

I do not eat sword fish. It is one of the most contaminated fish out there. I prefer smaller fish like herring, mackerel and sardines. I am not too scared of heavy metals, as I believe a healthy body can clear them, but I still would not eat the worst fishes if I had another choice.

Yes, Inger is certainly wise to prefer smaller fish. The biggest and thus higher in the food chain carnivorous fish have in general accumulated the most long life toxics (and not only mercury), as Evehearth pointed out. It’s a verified and well known fact. Since swordfish are in average much bigger than tuna, they are likely to be more loaded in toxics – a saw a stat showing 4 times more mercury in swordfish than in tuna. This doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t eat swordfish at all, but avoiding to regularly eat it in large amounts is safer.

Here in Portugal, the fishmonger descale in front of you the fish you buy.       

I do not care about taste. If I have to choose in between taste and health... my health always comes first.......... (Francois will not like this... I know... -d )
You do what you want and it doesn’t bother me!  :)

But if you don’t care about taste, you run the risk of poisoning yourself. Have you ever observed how a mammal like a cat, for example, carefully chooses its food by smelling it — and certainly by observing its taste? Moreover, ignoring taste makes you unable to know what good and what’s bad for your health. You suppose fish heads are good for your health, I presume because it makes you feel good in the short term. But it doesn’t mean it’s good in the long term and in any amount. Coffee, alcohol and various drugs can also make you feel great in the short term!

By the way, when do you intend to come?  ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 02:47:46 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 10:19:44 am »
For those curious newbies, I should add that the whole notion re contamination being a serious problem high up the food-chain etc. is a myth. Here is a link to the definitive study which showed that Seychelles Islander children who ate c.10 times as much seafood as the average american in a year experienced no ill-effects from so-called "contamination" re mercury or anything else:-

http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/pediatrics/research/Seychelles-Child-Development-Study.aspx

" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 02:45:27 pm »
Tyler, this study says:
So far we have not seen any adverse effects of this exposure. We need to continue the study in different groups of Seychellois mothers and children to see whether such effects may become apparent later on (e.g. when the child is an adolescent) and to see whether others things in the Seychellois diet may protect against mercury.

I’m curious what species of fish are mainly consumed in Seychelles. Swordfish is certainly not the main fish consumed.

Another point is that mercury is not the only toxic bio-accumulated in fish. There are for example PCBs, organochlorine pesticides (DDT and derivatives) and plastic molecules from waste. Moreover, sea pollution widely varies from one place to the other.

We should have a balanced, open minded view rather than an “all or nothing” one. That said, I eat fish several times a  week, almost everyday, but I care that they come from clean waters and I avoid to eat swordfish, marlin or chunks of very large tunas too often.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 05:44:53 pm »
I should add that the above Seychelles study got started in the 1980s and is still ongoing. It is therefore far more rigorous than any other claims that mercury in fish is harmful. Indeed the latter one or two studies have been shown to be majorly flawed. What is ironic is that those who started the Seychelles study originally were convinced that the tiny amounts of mercury ingested were doing harm but then found that, in fact, ingestion of seafood made them better on a neurological level.

Incidentally, the Seychellois eat lots and lots of tuna but likely only some swordfish given this article:-

http://afrol.com/articles/11365

Somehow I doubt that the Seychellois intentionally avoid deep sea fish because of any mercury-content. They seem happy to eat what they catch in nearby waters.

The way I see it, we already have endless absurd, overhyped food-scares in the media about the so-called "dangers" of raw foods re bacteria and food-poisoning etc., so why should we encourage the demonisation of perfectly healthy raw foods like swordfish which I and many other RVAFers  have thrived on for many years.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2014, 07:17:57 pm »
The point isn't to demonize swordfish! You obviously didn't have swordfish as your main food during these many years, did you? Who are those "many other RVAFers (who) have thrived on" swordfish?  l)

BTW, I like your new signature!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2014, 11:42:06 pm »
There were a few months when swordfish was my favorite staple thing.

In our wet markets we call them "blue marlin".

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 11:55:19 pm »
I ate lots of swordfish prior to going to Austria. In fact, something like a kilo  of swordfish a week on average for several years, sometimes more, sometimes less. I find it to be the 2nd-best tasting raw seafood I have ever encountered, with raw scallops tasting the best.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2014, 02:12:47 am »
Tyler I am not scared of mercury in fish....LOL
Francois says it pretty clear, how I think about it :) Thanks Francois ;)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2014, 02:16:20 am »
Well.. Francois so far the fish head has certainly not hurt me... ;) It is more the yuck factor than the taste that prevent me from eating whole fish heads.

I want to come visit you! But now there has happened something crazy in my life... again  :o that is... good crazy! I need to figure this thing out first.. i will have it figured out until the end of the year for sure..... it is just CRAZY... who would have thought.....
i will tell one day in my journal  -X maybe after Christmas....

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 10:09:45 am »
I haven't made a fish head smoothie yet, though I have chewed up sardine heads, which are not bad if you can get all the scales off.

This may be somewhat gruesome to people outside of this forum.....

I've been thinking about whole animal smoothies as a way to absorb the maximum nutrition possible. I have 5 bunnies and a blentek.  Two of the rabbits are bred and may give birth sometime in the next few weeks. Since there are limited number of hutches, I was thinking about making a smoothie with whole buck bunnies.

I also have a pregnant guinea pig ready to give birth anytime, I am going to skin, gut and blend, the cull males.

It may take some experimentation to find the perfect recipe, but if a bunny smooth taste as good as it sounds I may be onto something good. I will let everyone know how it turns out.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 08:32:25 am »
i have got a fish that weights 1,8 kg .

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyprion_americanus (if i'm not wrong hehe)

so imagine his head. it weights like between 400-600 grms.

have you done smooth with this size heads? do you recomend me? how can i use the parts of the fish that i cant chew ? like the spines and the skin? it safe to blend ALL the fish and drink it? (it has sharp little teeths..)
I will do it even if nobody answer.. but i want to know what is your experience in this =)

oh i have already done it while i was writing lol . i had one issue.. i think my blender isn't powerful enough.. the skin wasnt totally desintegrated and also the spines where not totally dissolved.(maybe more time? it was like 3 minutes full power..) i did it mixing with whey instead of water.

can i ask, Inger, the smooth you do, are really "creamy" or they have little  pieces on it? 
i did not have the courage to just swallow it entirely like you do, cause the little pieces of spines didnt gave me trust. i just swallowed the parts that dissolved in my mouth and spitted the rest (the cats ate that haha)

it tasted a lot better than i tought it would ... hehe..

i left some, and cause it was with whey and i read that if you let fish in whey it gets soft over time, i want to see what happens with a smoothie with whey.. i will let it ferment at least a week and see ^^

thanks for your video! if i had not saw it i would never use the fish heads!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:56:49 am by ciervo-chaman »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2014, 02:50:04 pm »
Well, I use herring and mackerel, no other fish so far.... and they blend pretty well in my blender. I have a cheap blender too, and many years old but it works just fine! The herring heads blends better as the mackerel heads, the herring is smoother and smaller.... I get some bits and pieces in my smoothie too but I just swallow them..lol If they are too big tho I spit them out. If you want it more pleasant you can sieve the smoothie.

I just tried a new thing yesterday. I got whole herrings, used the heads and fishmilk and roe for smoothie... and then I fillet them and make chevice from the meat. But I always get the bones left and throw them away but I thought why not make a fish bone smoothie? So I tried, I just cut the fish bones a bit up and threw in my blender with some mineral water. I was so surprised as it blended really well! It came out totally smooth. I still hold my nose.. I just do not care to taste it..lol But now I am going to do that too, use the bones! Must be a great cocktail too with lots of minerals!

I sometimes add soaked seaweed to my fish head smoothie and it is easier to drink then, and tastes better too.
Makes it smoother and easier to go down, really.

Fish fermented in whey...haha..... let us know how that goes! I do not use whey at all... so i cant try that... but I sometimes leave the fish heads for a week in the fridge and still use them... err... IDK if it is a bad idea or no? They taste way worse by then.... but I tell myself it does not matter because people make fermented fish too. Fish sauce is fermented fish, really. I do know rancid fish oil is bad but maybe it is totally different when it is the whole fish/fishhead? I really have no clue but until I get any ill effects from old fish I will eat it occasionally...... because i do not care to freeze my fish all the time. I get fresh fish on the market only once/week

Offline ciervo-chaman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 07:10:51 pm »
can i ask , what is fishmilk? i looked for translations but i did not find any!

i was making cheese so i have like 4 liters of whey, i put all in a 7 liters glass jar, and put inside tail (without meat, just leftovers that i ate: skin and bones) and fins and more bones, jawbone hehe.. maybe if i left there for a month or so, then it will blend a lot easier.

i think there is no problem swallowing little pieces of spines (if you have done it several times and you are still writing here ), i did yesterday with the smoothie and today i'm feeling really fine.. our gastric juices must be strong enough to dissolve even big pieces of spines, they are not as hard as bones. (and maybe we can even dissolve little pieces of bones?)

have you thought on any spice or anything that can be added, so it can be also enjoyed when drank? (it wasn't bad either. but i didn't enjoyed it like eating the meat of the fish) i will add some high fish next time and see what the taste is hehe.. this high fish is actually cheesy smell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk