Author Topic: Coffee: A Splendid Paleolithic Brew  (Read 28562 times)

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Coffee: A Splendid Paleolithic Brew
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2011, 07:30:06 pm »
This a quite general rule between  males of most species. They may fight, but the winner usually let the other go away without killing him. In this way, if there only two males left in an area and even if the winner is subsequently killed for whatever reason, the other one (the loser of the fight) is still there as a backup to perpetuate the species.
Yes i believe that's the general rule in the wild. However I'm not so sure that it applies when one confines wild animals to small spaces.

Still the difference in behaviour is very telling. My french isn't al that brillant unfortunately. Were there other foods that initiated killing? Like potatoes, spelt, barley etc, cooked meat. Has GCB ever published its research in english?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:16:53 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2011, 08:03:43 pm »
No, it has never been published (in any language) because GCB, family and some friends left to Mexico shortly after and all the documents were lost since nobody paid for the rent of the premises where they where left, so that the owner of the place burned it!

I haven’t heard that other foods than wheat  initiated killings, but I could ask the guy who took part in these experiments and still remembers, the one who’s account is in the link I just gave. GCB himself should also be able to recall and tell. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2011, 09:04:02 pm »

..GCB and his friends got very similar results with wheat on the mice they used for experiments. The males didn't only try to kill each other when receiving wheat, one succeeded and the other one was found dead in the morning. So, not only coffee perturbs the behavior, but also wheat and to a lesser extend other cereal grains, cooked food and dairy. Dairy and wheat contains..

This is fascinating, isn't it? How could we explain this the "other" 7 billion people on earth?  ???

I guess that the authors of the bible have already exactly known the consequences of a grain/wheat based nutrition. Who was the first murderer?

Löwenherz

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2011, 10:16:27 pm »
This is fascinating, isn't it? How could we explain this the "other" 7 billion people on earth?  ???
Löwenherz
We dont. Sure the world would be a better place if we all followed an rpd. It would also at least mean cutting the population in half. Without grains to feed the mass we would all starve... 7 billion is f*****g insane!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:18:09 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2011, 10:54:14 pm »

We dont. Sure the world would be a better place if we all followed an rpd. It would also at least mean cutting the population in half. ..
Without grains to feed the mass we would all starve... 7 billion is f*****g insane!

Cutting the population in half?

Please recalculate!  8)

Löwenherz

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2011, 11:36:58 pm »
Bugs are the answer. Not the answer the general populace would ever want to consider though. I'm glad they don't all know so I don't have to eat bugs.  :o ;)

Iguana - what animals do you have besides your hens and fox? How many hens? Was that attack during the daytime when the hens were out of their coop?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2011, 02:13:20 am »
Still 9 hens, 1 rooster, 6 ducks (5 female and 1 male), 3 geese (2 females –1 male) and 1 cat.
The attack must have happen during daytime because all my birds are locked inside from dusk till dawn. BTW, the fox is not mine and I never saw it!!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2011, 03:34:52 am »
Still 9 hens, 1 rooster, 6 ducks (5 female and 1 male), 3 geese (2 females –1 male) and 1 cat.
The attack must have happen during daytime because all my birds are locked inside from dusk till dawn. BTW, the fox is not mine and I never saw it!!

Nice amount - I really need that many myself if I'm going to feed all of us as many eggs as we want.

It was a little bit of the a joke about the fox being "yours". Yeah, if you have a secure coop then the fox was hunting during the day. Coyotes and foxes here have been known to do that too. Bummer.

Around my coop I connected metal screening projecting out along the ground and covered it in dirt just in case an animal tried to dig under. If you have a long fence it still might be easier to install electricity - but thought I'd offer that idea in case it is helpful.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2011, 03:38:06 am »
No, it has never been published (in any language) because GCB, family and some friends left to Mexico shortly after and all the documents were lost since nobody paid for the rent of the premises where they where left, so that the owner of the place burned it!

I haven’t heard that other foods than wheat  initiated killings, but I could ask the guy who took part in these experiments and still remembers, the one who’s account is in the link I just gave. GCB himself should also be able to recall and tell. 

Talk about frustrating! Do you know if the milk was fermented, raw etc.?

H-I-R when it comes to getting rid of the milk I was thinking more along the lines of getting rid of the pasteurized homogenized frankenstein stuff. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk