Author Topic: Veggies over fruits?  (Read 66184 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Veggies over fruits?
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2011, 06:41:56 am »
Edit:
I agree with your priorities--food over cars--[or perhaps you weren't being ironic and think cars should be a higher priority than food, in which case we differ--to me cars are a necessary evil] but I'm not going to buy a food that I throw out nine tenths of [or even much of the water and some meat--coconuts are rather expensive here.]

It's still considered a super exotic food.
I think it's somewhat still the case here too, LOL, with generally just a half dozen or fewer coconuts at the local markets and small displays holding most of the tropical fruits. Many people here don't know what the tropical fruits that people rave about in this forum are.

I haven't noticed a moldy taste in the water and meat of the coconuts I've tried, just the taste of the oil/fat, even in the water, which nauseates me if I eat more than a little unless sugar is added. Even if the issue is the oil, maybe I could get used to it if I kept at it for months and months, but I don't want to go through all that nausea and lost interest. On the other hand, the idea of adding honey might be worth trying at some point. I haven't heard of anyone doing that, though. I wonder why?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:48:28 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk