Author Topic: Why are people bashing Raw Paleo?  (Read 47959 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Why are people bashing Raw Paleo?
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2013, 10:20:16 am »
Good luck. Maybe you will do better than me but iv been at this for years and found that trying to help someone who doesnt ask for your help will only make them hate me and probably make them even less likely to take any advice I give them.

That being said there are plenty of people who do ask for my help and in those cases I am extremely happy to do anything I can. My advice is to focus on those people.

-----------

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2013, 10:44:11 am »
Just because all of the good people I personally know (family and friends mostly) are ignorant and hideously misinformed, doesn't mean Ill willingly let them die at my feet.

Yes, keep on going as you can humanly can.
I keep doing that.
See my latest case. Kidney cancer tug of war with the medical idiots.
http://www.myhealthblog.org/2013/07/02/kidney-cancer-update-the-scare-of-votrient-lentin-plus-high-energy-breathing-difficulties-vitamin-d-and-omega-3-deficiencies/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2013, 11:16:22 am »
Have you ever helped someone who didnt want your help and was argumentative with you initially about the raw paleo concept?
-----------

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2013, 11:18:51 am »
Have you ever helped someone who didnt want your help and was argumentative with you initially about the raw paleo concept?

Oh yes, there are always people like that.  Such as they don't want to eat this or that, or their tummy aches on this or that.  You just work with them to see what will work, what is passable, what the compromises are.  In this case I am shoving in raw fish or ceviche fish because this guy can't or won't eat even seared beef.  He likes his rice so I give him organic rice and tell him to make porridge for ease of digestion.  Healers need to be flexible.

And some you need to give up on.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2013, 12:52:25 pm »
Oh yes, there are always people like that.

This doesn't make sense to me. These people who do not want your help... what brings them to you in the first place? Do their loved ones drag them in?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2013, 01:33:44 pm »
Poncho, I just wanted to say I love your mindset! That is how I think too... it needs creativity to help others! And that makes so much fun when you really go for it! Very challenging. But it sure is possible. What you need though, is so much love. Love makes you creative. I use this in my family all the time. And patience!

I 100% believe we can help the ones around us. We might not see the results, at least not soon, but I very much believe it has an impact. Because this raw paleo diet is just amazing.

Just never get upset if things do not happen on your pace.  ;) Great stuff to learn!

I think GS has a great way to think about it too. Be happy about every little change in the right direction! Never demand perfection from others, only from yourself. That is what will give you power, too.

My parents do far from perfect... but they do way better than years ago. And you can see it on them. They look way healthier now, and their mental state is better too. My "hubs"/best friend does great too, he looks great and eats way better now. Not perfect but way better! And you can really see it.

I always tell, ditch the crap, and add in lots of seafood, preferably raw, but any seafood is great. Add wild edibles. Etc. Step by step.  :) And all the way long they see me drink raw fishhead smoothies... eating about everything raw.. having awesome energy and happiness. Daddy says to me, Inger I will try to do better, step by step! I say, great dad! If you do next step I promise I will stop painting my toe nails (he thinks this is very sinful) and he thinks that is a great business! LOL I sure would do it for him if needed. It is not that important to me.  ;) But he has to go first..lol
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 01:41:47 pm by Inger »

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2013, 09:38:21 pm »
Yes! Youre the best!
Thank you Inger, haha.

I have found that others are very slow in their transitions so far, but it is true it satisfies me nonetheless!
I just need to know that people are trying. I want them to feel the benefits that I have.
The benefits give life a whole new meaning, I find.
Everything feels valuable and worthwhile now, its great!

The more I heal, the more my anger and sadness goes away. Soon I will be just love.
I really didn't think id ever get to say that. I thought I was doomed.
This is what everyone needs.

When you take the subways in Toronto, it is filled with posters saying "Are you depressed? Try this medication" and "Are you feeling sad? Join this study and test out these new anti-depressants for us!"

A lot of people are on anti-depressants and the numbers are just growing.

Somethings gotta change or I'm going to end up surrounded by zombies.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2013, 11:37:16 am »
Im glad to see  other people are able to help others. Maybe its the worst for me because im in new york city. People here are evens cared of raw milk. Theyre all a bunch of big babies. Its one of the worst cases of it in the world. People here do not live in reality at all so are very hard to talk to.
-----------

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2013, 01:25:00 pm »
I know Poncho how scary to be surrounded by zombies. I spend so much time on free counseling on Psychiatric Revolution forum on Facebook and I meet lots of prescribed drugs addict people
bugs or country chickens

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2013, 09:40:05 pm »
Things will get better.  The Weston Price and Paleo diets are growing very fast, sushi bars are popping up all over the place, and the raw vegan diet is growing too.  All of these factors will lead people to a raw paleo diet. We just have to persevere.  All you younger people have no idea how much has changed (as far as dietary trends) in the last 12-15 years. The only raw diets that people really talked about back then were raw vegan diets.  Aajonus was out there, but few raw foodists listened to him.  Instincto was out there too, but VERY few people outside of France were really aware of it.

Believe me, things have been getting continuously better now for years.  Have faith.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2013, 12:40:26 am »
I doubt it. More and more people also seem to be going in for more heavily processed diets. It would not surprise me at all if most humans end up eating some laboratory-processed gunge made from hydroponic farms.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2013, 03:39:04 am »
I doubt it. More and more people also seem to be going in for more heavily processed diets. It would not surprise me at all if most humans end up eating some laboratory-processed gunge made from hydroponic farms.

Well, after this week I've noticed that this one little town I'm visiting has the most actively ignorant inhabitants I have ever met.
I realized that if there are so many here in this small area, the world must be jam packed with em.
These ones may have to just be washed out by a synthetic food wave.
Maybe it would take a hell of a lot of time and energy to change them.

However it goes down, it seems that times are really changing.
I'm just a kid really, but I listen.
I have heard older people all of my life just melting down about how fast the world is changing.
And that "in their day" everyone could smoke on planes and the oh so terrible healthy living movement was unheard of.

I think were slowly but surely progressing.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2013, 06:32:39 am »
Sadly, I think you're probably right, Tyler, and the news in recent years supports you on this:

Eight Ways In-Vitro Meat Will Change Our Lives
http://hplusmagazine.com/2009/11/17/eight-ways-vitro-meat-will-change-our-lives/

First Animal-Free In Vitro Meat Burger is Ready for Debut
http://laist.com/2013/05/14/in_vitro_meat.php

Japanese Make "Delicious", Nourishing Steaks From Human Feces  :( :o l)
http://tinyurl.com/64hc4jw

Hydroponic Meats Inc
http://www.manta.com/c/mm3pt1k/hydroponic-meats-inc

Sure, there will be a growing minority of folks who will revert back to healthier, more traditional ways of eating, but the massive tide toward more and more processed junk foods is sweeping across the globe and inundating the last surviving pockets of traditional societies and it is celebrated by governments, corporations, most scientists and gullible citizens as "progress". They march gladly to their own destruction and some exponents attack anyone who doesn't march to this drum as engaging in "paleofantasies."
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 06:46:48 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2013, 06:41:52 am »
Sadly, I think you're probably right, Tyler, and the news in recent years supports you on this:

Eight Ways In-Vitro Meat Will Change Our Lives
http://hplusmagazine.com/2009/11/17/eight-ways-vitro-meat-will-change-our-lives/

First Animal-Free In Vitro Meat Burger is Ready for Debut
http://laist.com/2013/05/14/in_vitro_meat.php

Japanese Make "Delicious", Nourishing Steaks From Human Feces
http://www.dailytech.com/Japanese+Make+Delicious+Nourishing+Steaks+From+Human+Feces/article21932.htm

Hydroponic Meats Inc
http://www.manta.com/c/mm3pt1k/hydroponic-meats-inc

Sure, there will be a growing minority of folks who will revert back to healthier, more traditional ways of eating, but the massive tide toward more and more processed junk foods is sweeping across the globe and inundating the last surviving pockets of traditional societies and it is celebrated by governments, corporations, most scientists and gullible citizens as "progress". They march gladly to their own destruction and some exponents attack anyone who doesn't march to this drum as engaging in "paleofantasies."

Anyone who is even slightly in tune with their body will not touch that shit.
The ones who do, will suffer.
There isn't even a possibility that the world will somehow start eating like that?
Are you kidding?

Theyre going to start dying from it really quickly, it may be a slow death, and then the smart ones will simply say "told you so" to anyone who was still deciding whether or not to eat doll food.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2013, 06:43:15 am »
The doll food is only going to help move things along in the right direction more quickly.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2013, 06:47:51 am »
Are you kidding?
I ain't the one promoting it, just passing on the info.

Theyre going to start dying from it really quickly, it may be a slow death, and then the smart ones will simply say "told you so" to anyone who was still deciding whether or not to eat doll food.
They haven't started selling it yet, but that's part of my point.

I've seen people embrace gruesome death rather than try cooked Paleo, much less raw Paleo, so not much surprises me any more.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2013, 06:54:27 am »
There's nothing magical about meat from an animal.  Animals/plants/humans are just chemistry, and if we understand the chemistry sufficiently, we can make a vat-grown meat just as healthy as the best grassfed meat.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2013, 07:00:52 am »
I agree with Tyler not even on a scientific basis alone but also a philosophical one. People have this belief of evolution like they can control their adaptation and do what they want. It's very proud and naive. Americans especially care only for hedonism, and indulge in whatever tastes best, without a second thought as to consequences. Humanity (and nature) tends to a state of chaos and destruction, second law of thermodynamics. But somehow weve been lied to, with the idea we can overcome. Those That seek health seek it like sheeple do, listening to media streams of Dr. Oz and the show the doctors and all these other scientifically backed liars.

I'm watching fight club this very moment and find the same desperation in my own life, always do watching this movie. The problem is people don't see this movie as breaking out of being Jack's follower. They see it as a psychological trip. People don't like fight club because you have to take a hit. People don't like raw or any healthy dietary change because of that addictive stuff they need to lose but refuse to even see as their problem. They try to go to support groups (plant based or cooked diets) but eventually Marla singer (health issues) shows up and ruins it.

you know why the first rule of fight club was not to talk about it?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2013, 07:20:55 am »
Whaaaat?
Who has told us that we can overcome anything?
I havent been told that, quite the opposite actually.
I said I would overcome, I have been saying that for a long while now.
And no matter how many people doubted me, I didn't quit.
Now I'm almost a healthy human being again,
I was told I wouldnt be.

I'm saying now that anything good is possible.
I guess you can get in line if you want to be one of the people with no faith in anything.
Because there are many of those.

Its a little melodramatic to be saying the world is doomed.
As if human stupidity could destroy planet earth? hah.

Just relax and spread the good news, the news of a way of life that is capable of mending this grimy map.
The smart ones left alive after the synthetic food bomb will think back on this news, and then the world can start going in the right direction.

Maybe itll happen like that, maybe it wont. Whatever. Just inform people and learn more and live happily. What else can you do?

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2013, 07:34:54 am »
You sound very zealous, Poncho. lol, I went to an evangelistic christian university, I know how they sound :P The thing is (in my experience) the degree of zeal is runs parallel to the amount that it turns someone off, which ends up being multiplied by the receivers degree of need for that info. You can't scream a 300 lb. diabetic into going raw, even though you could be living proof to have done the same thing in their shoes, losing 150 lbs on raw and stopping diabetes, but that doesn't mean they will care any more.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2013, 07:49:36 am »
haha maybe Im better in person, but it does work.

I figured out a while ago, that people suck.
I thought there was no hope for them, because no matter how much I talked to them, they didnt budge.
So I thought I hated them all, and that I will never fit into society again.
It was so miserable (I was also really fucked in the head and depressed)
I didnt know what to do.

Then the raw meat fixed me up even more,
I realized what I must do.

Learn as much as I can about raw pale,
and then argue with people until they are forced to see the truth.

It's worked.
I'm a really good arguer when I'm in my right mind, that might have something to do with it.
People also listen to me, and I dont mean that they actually take what Im saying seriously at first, but they do start and remain listening for some reason.

The system I've figured out kinda loosely works like this:

I study the target, I find their weaknesses, then I research how raw paleo will help specifically those problems.
Then I get into it with the target, I bring up raw paleo, we discuss the pros and cons,
then when they start showing a lot of resistance, I pull out their weaknesses that raw paleo will help with (which are all weaknesses)
They hate me for this, they get angry and eventually shut down.

Maybe in a few hours or days, they come back
with a slightly or substantially more open mind
they come with questions, but are sure to say things like "well I could do the vegetables, but NOT that meat! I just couldn't."
I inform and provide examples of my own progress, using my own body as a visual aid.

Then they come back again.
More open than the last time.

This is where I'm at with everyone I've been trying to teach so far (other than my nana, mom, and boyfriend who all eat raw paleo with me. I used my system on them too, they were the first ones. Well, not my nana, she never asked questions really.)

The progress is pretty undeniable.

It's to the point where I can pick out which stage I'm at with each person, because the same lines are used by everyone.
It's like everyone here is programmed the exact same.
I'll let you know how it goes

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2013, 08:17:41 am »
They are all programmed the same. American education has used the food pyramid for a long time. Idk what Canada uses but I know most modem society teaches us grains are the best thing for us and even though they taste bad that just means they are healthy. Then of course meat is poison and raw meat?! Dear god you'll die from bacteria in one meal. Stay as far away as possible and stick to safe grains. They will prevent that mean heart disease. They are all lied To In the same way so it stands to reason their arguments would be the same.

let us know how it goes with those people and be honest if any of them start to get bothered by your presence. I know that happened with me. People want to be accepted before they are held accountable. One of the most amazing speakers I've ever heard said that. Changed my life that moment. It still affects me daily.
-Dustin

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2013, 08:45:23 am »
I think that some will like me and listen to me, and the rest will hate me.
But what I'm telling them makes so much sense, that even if they walk away from me, theyve learned something.

Thats where the trick is I think, finding out exactly which things people really dont like about themselves or their lives, and then teaching them how raw paleo can fix that stuff for them and then more.

I dont mind being the bad guy if it means that people get to live better lives.
I know that I would have wished that someone would have forced health on me, before I was beyond saving. (If I hadnt found raw paleo myself, when I did)

haha okay I cant word that right.
But you know, if you were just a regular american dieter till it killed your body entirely and you were on your hospital bed saying goodbye?
It scares me a lot.
And then that video of that 70 year old raw vegan, when they show her husband and he looks ancient.
Ah. And then she talks about her friends all looking old and wishing that they had followed in her footsteps?
Thats so scary.
I've honestly imagined many times ending up alone in this world, because I outlived my friends and family.
Its so sad.

Its good to save yourself, sure. But whats the point if you end up alone amongst the sickies?
I've never met another raw paleo dieter before.

I think that was another motive of mine, I just found hidden in my subconscious haha.
People need to be taught. End of story.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2013, 08:58:54 am »
I didn't see Tyler or anyone else say the whole world is doomed (although maybe I missed it). We here certainly aren't doomed, because, like Poncho said, we won't touch the manufactured glops. It's lots of other folks that will be doomed by their own ignorance.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2013, 09:03:58 am »
I didn't see Tyler or anyone else say the whole world is doomed. We here certainly aren't doomed, because, like Poncho said, we won't touch the manufactured glops. It's lots of other folks that will be doomed by their own ignorance.

They are just infected with generations of nasty misinformation in every form.
They don't deserve to die.
Just because you were able to learn, maybe because youre smarter, and maybe because youre lucky, doesnt mean you deserve a good life any more than anyone else.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk