Author Topic: Holiday Meal Menus  (Read 6512 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Holiday Meal Menus
« on: November 27, 2009, 12:25:30 am »
    Today I'm making:

Cranberry and raw biodynamic cream smoothie for my son (no egg added).

Big salad with raw mushrooms, raw hulled sunflower seeds, raw alfalfa sprouts, raw cauliflower and many other raw salad greens and non-sweet fruit (for my gentleman :)), and dressing of stone pressed olive oil, raw ACV and celtic salt.

Raw real free range chicken and organic cranberry salad (for me)

I'm just serving apples for dessert.  None of us like complicated sweets.

Let's post holiday food here, to give ideas to newbies!

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
Re: Holiday Meal Menus
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 01:20:55 am »
For me, raw cranberry, raw veggie salad, & raw oysters.

I make a raw cranberry w/ pineapple & my wife makes an almost raw (she heats the cranberries at low temp until they "pop") cranberry sauce.

I cook a turkey for the kids, make a big veggie salad, maybe a fruit salad. We'll also have some steamed veggies (I won't eat those) and the kids might bring a pasta dish (I won't be eating that, either).

I'll probably eat some of the turkey. I don't like raw poultry, so I seldom eat it. My raw meats are exclusively red meats (beef, deer, etc.) and seafood.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 01:27:10 am »
 :-*to rawzi, excellent menus from a remarkable woman. well, we get invited in-laws home to have a non-paleo diner. but i'm eating my raw beef before i go there. 
bugs or country chickens

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 02:09:33 am »
Christmas day will probably be a day I eat 'off diet' as it's a day to share and enjoy with friends and family.  We'll be having people over to us for Christmas so I'll be doing the cooking myself.  I'll probably eat roast beef, roast potatoes and cooked vegetables with a gravy made from homemade bone stock.  I'll be keeping it paleo at least (potatoes?!) except it'll probably include a little raw butter.

I admire the rest of you for keeping it raw!
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 02:46:28 am »
I'll be eating my normal raw beef around 2pm and then attending a family gathering at 5pm where I'll eat a bit of turkey to be polite.

I'll pass on all of the breads, salads, vegetables, and sweets.

Lex

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 04:26:49 am »
I'll be eating my normal raw beef around 2pm and then attending a family gathering at 5pm where I'll eat a bit of turkey to be polite.

I'll pass on all of the breads, salads, vegetables, and sweets.

Lex
i do understand that once the delicious rice and meat (biriani) was my favorite indian dish and now, my new raw beef is so satisfying that i don't even feel hungry after seeing that food. so, i can also avoid all those cooked food like you lex. that's the beauty of paleo dieting i guess.

i agree that wheat grass taste awful, but that satisfactory factor, i feel extremely cool after i take them. and that's the lunch i had wheatgrass. i'll have half lb raw beef right before i leave. happy thanksgiving to all.
bugs or country chickens

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 09:14:43 am »
i was lucky enough to score an undercooked turkey leg! yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 09:47:53 am »
i got lucky. my cousin is muslim and apparently yesterday was a day of fasting for him. so i opted to not eat in solidarity with him. no problems

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 10:03:37 am »
i was lucky enough to score an undercooked turkey leg! yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be careful. That's probably worse for you than just eating a cooked leg. All the good stuff's denatured by then but you still might have some nasty pathogens which were able to survive the heat to the degree it went. I'm almost positive I read that most food poisoning is due to undercooked foods and not raw.

As for my Thanksgiving; I ate my normal raw meat and fat on nice flatware at my sister-in-law's house. Both my wife and her sister (my S-I-L) told me to bring my food to eat at dinner. I waited until everyone was just about done with their first serving and then dumped my Ziplock baggie onto my plate. I was a bit concerned about disturbing people during their dinner beforehand but as I brought my food out I had an almost glee in eating it at the table. I feel bad about it but it's funny seeing some people's reactions. ;D
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 12:01:37 pm »
yeah i figured it probably wasnt the best thing to do but cooked meat is really unappetizing in a dry/scab-like undigestable way
i am still alive today tho....i have probably pooped that leg out or will do so in the morning
if you want the full report i am glad to supply it
i am not sure i will ever get over feeling that other people are grossed out while i am munching down on raw meat , i think it is awesome of your family to invite that situation to the thanksgiving table :)

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 03:00:51 am »
Yes, that's great that your family are accommodating of your food choices djr.  My family and friends are the same after all these years.  Whenever there are get togethers they always tell me to bring along my own little box of food.  Actually, they don't even mention it anymore.  It just goes without saying!   :)
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk